Buzz Rickson

partytaco

• 2 weeks later...

Man...I sold my Gibson MA-1 earlier this year because it was the Japanese slim version and just didn't fit me in the shoulders.

So I finally got the money to re-buy the jacket, but this time went for the classic Olive version from TAKE OFF on Rakuten. When it arrived I tried it on and it felt just like my Gibson one. Turns out it's the slim version and they don't accept returns :(

They barely mentioned it anywhere on the page that it was the slim version too. I'm so miffed. 

On 10/24/2019 at 3:30 AM, julian-wolf said:

Has Buzz ever done jeans as part of the William Gibson line? Still on the never-ending search for a good pair of slim–straight black jeans with room up top.

OFF: What don't you like about the SAMURAI S710NBK?

16 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

^ Too skinny, too low-rise. Details honestly a little too loud, too, but I could live with that if the fit was good.

I think the number of good blue jeans options out there has made me picky….

I think because most of the brands want that Elvis Presley silhouette from jail house rock when it comes to black denim being slim.  I think I saw Toys McCoy actually used his image from the film once in an ad campaign for one of their black denim offerings.

This is now pulling the thread pretty off-topic, but, carrying on anyhow:

I'd take regular straight happily, if that's what it came down to. I've generally preferred the slimmer '40s and '50s cuts (with say an 8–9" leg opening, if that means anything), but if all of the slim–straight black jeans are, for whatever reason, on the slimmer end and a true straight cut existed, I'd likely be all over it. Most likely option I've found so far is Dawson, but I'm a bit hesitant due to never having seen their (relevant) fits anywhere in the wild.

Well, getting back on topic, somewhat...

I believe this is a Buzz L-2 jacket with some personal patches on it.  Can't tell what season it's from, but it doesn't look like it's from this year's fall collection.

I edited the images as the woman shown is an adult film star, not the male.  Didn't want the convo to go down the drain, literally! :D

InkedEIViofYWwAATlJN_LI (2).jpg

The 634's too slim through the thighs and too low-rise; I ended up giving my pair away after a year or so of trying and failing to make it work. Their 1955 cut works okay for me on paper, but when I've tried it on it also just feels sorta constricting. I don't know what it is, but something about the way they pattern their jeans doesn't work for me. Also not big on their construction / detailing, but the overdyes are nice enough that I'd 100% overlook that if I could make the fit work.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

The sleeves are definitely too long but we can’t tell how the chest fits. Shoulders look OK.

I agree, the sleeves are definitely too long and the arms in generally look too wide for how the body fits.  I think a size down would be ideal though may limit what you can wear underneath, though it looks like you're very layered up already with the bigger size.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, mlwdp said:

This question is for the Americans here:

Anybody here get questioned if they’re in the Navy, Army, Air Force when wearing Buzz items?  Just a thought. :laugh2:

I work for the federal govt and probably 80% of the people I work with are veterans. I’m super careful not to wear anything with logos or stenciling. That said, I have gotten a few odd looks when wearing an army fatigue shirt. 

Does anyone here have any experience with the buzz service shoes? I noticed that they’re marked E width, and just wondering if they are lasted a bit wider than a traditional D width. Obviously they don’t look as wide as the Munson lasted service boots, though.

On 12/21/2019 at 2:39 PM, mlwdp said:

This question is for the Americans here:

Anybody here get questioned if they’re in the Navy, Army, Air Force when wearing Buzz items?  Just a thought. :laugh2:

I don’t own any BR pieces but if I did I wouldn’t wear anything with military stenciling. Really glad to see History Preservation offering non-stenciled items. Personally, I’d feel kinda silly wearing something like that. I have this image in my mind of strangers asking me if I belong to some WW2 re-enactment group 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m starting to realize how inconvenient and almost useless the button holes/buttons on Buzz jackets are, mainly deck jackets.  I’ve been seeing on Instagram how some of the Japanese motorcyclists don’t button up their deck jackets.  Perhaps it’s because they’re hard to button to begin with or can be torn easily?

42419403-413C-4981-AF71-16A9513D0D1A.png

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Xpost from blunders thread

Placed an order with Hinoya for some Buzz khakis.  It went smooth and it’s using Fedex so I’m awaiting the shipping confirmation.  Used a 10,000 off yen coupon as well.

Bought the 43035 model as I wanted wanted but not bell bottom wide like the other model and their narrow model had measurements that were too narrow for my liking.

Edited by mlwdp

• 1 month later...

Looking for a little advice on the CPO shirts if anyone owns one. 

Am between the 38 and 40, 38 fits very well and the 40 a tiny bit baggy. Just want to know if the wool flannel shrinks at all and how you wash or dry clean yours. 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Jambon said:

Looking for a little advice on the CPO shirts if anyone owns one. 

Am between the 38 and 40, 38 fits very well and the 40 a tiny bit baggy. Just want to know if the wool flannel shrinks at all and how you wash or dry clean yours. 

Thanks 

Hey @Jambon it's a lovely shirt init, i had the exact same problem... back in 2012 i bought the size 38 and it fitted perfectly, i was super happy with it but i couldn't afford any shrinkage, even 1/4" would have fucked it, seen here.

fullsizeoutput_2abc

...buttoned up collar

fullsizeoutput_2ac2

I looked younger in them days :blush:

I wore it for 6 months or so till it really needed a wash, I'm not the kind of dude who 'dry cleans' i just want to chuck things in the machine... anyhow, i couldn't risk washing it so i swapped it with @Foxy2 for his size 40 which prior to the exchange he ran through his swanky machine at work on a cold delicates cycle, which if i remember rightly caused around 1/4" shrinkage all round...alas i was never happy with the fit of the size 40 CPO, although it washed well and the chest/arms still fitted nicely it always felt too long in the body and i ended up wearing it unbuttoned as an overshirt, eventually I flogged it.

Edited by Double 0 Soul