Buzz Rickson

partytaco

^^ I've never seen the white one up close, just pics, but likely the same fabric so surely the same feel and quality. My indigo dyed BR workshirt is just about white now! pic on page 17 back in 2012   man, I cannot believe how quickly time flies!

^ mlwdp, I didn't even know they offered printed designs!

44 minutes ago, lance said:

^^ I've never seen the white one up close, just pics, but likely the same fabric so surely the same feel and quality. My indigo dyed BR workshirt is just about white now! pic on page 17 back in 2012   man, I cannot believe how quickly time flies!

^ mlwdp, I didn't even know they offered printed designs!

Yeah they make a couple styles of them but usually look tacky IMO.  

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hinoya/item/br28095/

Thanks MJF9, I do have it and it’s the one I referenced last page. All the wearing and washing have drawn nearly all the indigo from the shirt. I hesitate to post pics because it’s almost boring at this stage. Time to break out the new one!

1144E90A-1C50-48AA-A533-3B05D72EAE71.jpeg

0AC096ED-8563-4C31-8A1A-6FCA1D9C2415.jpeg

020B451E-EB49-48C7-8447-7AE89D265C44.jpeg

2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

It seems no one really wears the printed design chambray shirts that Buzz does.  Overkill maybe?

I like their war timey and pinup girl designs. I just don't have the balls to wear them, as I would feel like a poser.

Pretty much the same reason I steer clear of any outright military logos or patches. I think they look cool, but I never served etc.

10 minutes ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

I like their war timey and pinup girl designs. I just don't have the balls to wear them, as I would feel like a poser.

Pretty much the same reason I steer clear of any outright military logos or patches. I think they look cool, but I never served etc.

Yeah it looks cool but would bring unwanted attention and questioning.

IMG_4606.JPG

IMG_4607.JPG

I agree with all you guys have said. I used to wear my field jacket (which I managed to hold on to) after my hitch was up but that was many moons ago! Come to think of it, I wore my father’s field jacket during college. Thanks for the rep, guys.

Edited by lance

22 minutes ago, lance said:

Thanks MJF9, I do have it and it’s the one I referenced last page. All the wearing and washing have drawn nearly all the indigo from the shirt. I hesitate to post pics because it’s almost boring at this stage. Time to break out the new one!

1144E90A-1C50-48AA-A533-3B05D72EAE71.jpeg

0AC096ED-8563-4C31-8A1A-6FCA1D9C2415.jpeg

020B451E-EB49-48C7-8447-7AE89D265C44.jpeg

Do you Hand or machine wash?  Any shrinkage? I spoke History Preservation and he told me he puts his in the cleaners like I do as I'm scared of shrinkage.

mlwdp,I have worn and machine washed it in cold water, no spin, hang to dry, since 2010 yikes!! and have had little to no shrinkage. Hand washing will likely preserve more of the indigo, though. But like you and MJF9 do, better safe than sorry. Maybe I’ll try hand washing the new one when I break it in, good suggestion.

Edited by lance

23 minutes ago, lance said:

mlwdp,I have worn and machine washed it in cold water, no spin, since 2010 yikes!! and have had little to no shrinkage. Hand washing will likely preserve more of the indigo, though. But like you and MJF9 do, better safe than sorry. Maybe I’ll try hand washing the new one when I break it in, good suggestion.

Luckily, Buzz shirts are reasonably priced so if they shrink, it's not too hard to replace with another.  That's what has drawn me to the brand overall, their prices.  I can't see myself paying a lot for a chambray.  Buzz quality is just as nice for the fraction of the cost of other brands.

2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

Luckily, Buzz shirts are reasonably priced so if they shrink, it's not too hard to replace with another.  That's what has drawn me to the brand overall, their prices.  I can't see myself paying a lot for a chambray.  Buzz quality is just as nice for the fraction of the cost of other brands.

I hot washed and hot dried mine, barely moved at all. I was hoping for more length to shrink and barely got anything. 

Looking at the white BR white  chambray. Any experience? 

Red above there isn't a lot of shrink in the blue,  white he same?

Never owned BR before, normal JP sizing 1 up from UK size?

@lance thanks! One of many cool details. 

@MJF9 it is a relaxed fit. I typically wear a XL in any Japanese shirt, sometimes even a 44, and this is still roomy while not being overly baggy. 

I went through Denimio. Super fast. Chest is 22.5 inches, sleeve is 24.5 inches. Back length 28.5 inches, shoulder  (across the front) is 18 inches. 

2 hours ago, mlwdp said:

The only thing I don't like about Buzz sizing is on their printed tshirts.  They are sized down even though they are made in USA. 

They're made in a Japanese owned factory (in the US) and the pattern maker is even Japanese.

the main issue with the Buzz tees in the past was the length - way too short for a western build torso, especially in the bigger sizes...