Buzz Rickson

partytaco

it's security guards job to look at people funny.

Souvenir jackets have also made a comeback in fashion. I think most Toyo souvenir jackets are not as outlandish as other brands, and have a more muted look, which works well in the west. If you think you're pulling off the souvenir jacket, then just rock it and forget the odd people here and there that might give you funny looks.

Yea i'd like one of those tiger shirts as well. Maybe one day i'll come across one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it fine to wash N-1 deck jacket in washing machine instead of hand wash? I have my doubt to machine wash since the jacket has wool.  I appreciate any helpful suggestion.

2 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I think a cold/cool machine wash would be fine for the jacket, however the weight of a wet N-1 may damage the washing machine.

I have often wondered how the Japanese wash theirs, such as the Japanese bikers who put theirs through road grime, dirt, etc.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

How do the Buzz wool watch caps feel when worn?

Is the wool soft or more scratchy like? I was all in until I noticed they are wool, worried they will feel itchy. 

They're not scratchy at all, they're made of a brushed and compressed wool, they're quite soft.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I need some opinions on this.

So, I'm building up a small collection of US Navy gear.

I recently bought a Buzz Uss midway watch cap.

Now, which jacket would work best with this and not be overkill with the Navy signature?  I'm going to be living by the sea soon and may need a warm coat.

So, which jacket works best for this watchcap?  The BR12030, BR12267, or BR14146?

IMG_4300.JPG

IMG_4301.JPG

IMG_4303.JPG

IMG_4305.JPG

That Peacoat looks great, I noticed that Its a longer version too. I own a Buzz Rickson's x Sugar Cane Indigo dyed Peacoat that I bought In Tokyo 4 years ago. I can honestly say that It Is one of the best coats that I have ever purchased, Its very warm.

Personally I think that Peacoat looks fantastic, I would buy It If I was looking for another.

I've been meaning to ask this but for the Sugar Cane thread since both brands are under Toyo.

Is the denim made by Buzz really just Sugar Cane denim but with the Buzz tag on it?  I've haven't seen anyone review their denim on here or in the WAYWT thread.  

For example:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/auc-cream-r/item/m43023onewash/

Edited by mlwdp

3 hours ago, lance said:

^ Yeah, but which coat are you going to buy??:)

The pea coat.  I was envious of my university roommate who had a pea coat and I need a new coat to wear to church. I already have a deck jacket but it's a A-2.

On 11/26/2018 at 11:09 AM, mlwdp said:

I've been meaning to ask this but for the Sugar Cane thread since both brands are under Toyo.

Is the denim made by Buzz really just Sugar Cane denim but with the Buzz tag on it?  I've haven't seen anyone review their denim on here or in the WAYWT thread.  

For example:

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/auc-cream-r/item/m43023onewash/

Good question I've never seen the Buzz denim in person. Any stores outside JP stock it?

On 11/24/2018 at 3:04 AM, Geeman said:

Only on Sufu do we discuss which £600 coat we should buy to compliment a £40 hat:D

Either coat looks great, but the peacoat is far more versatile.

Well, I did some research on my incoming watchcap from Seabees. :D

The USS Midway was a aircraft carrier (Never made it to WW2) commissioned for Desert Storm and Vietnam and the pea coats are both pre and post WW1-WW2.  The deck jackets would be used on the air craft carriers while the pea coats would be on the De Haven battleship, which I skipped Buzz's De Haven watch cap.

So, I would be mixing a Vietnam with WW1 if I do go with the wool lining pea coat, which I like the most.  I'm just going by what wikipedia and History Preservation are stating.

My A-2, which is not Buzz, is a Vietnam jacket.

Edited by mlwdp