Buzz Rickson

partytaco

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gimme more pictures of that A-2!!!!! :-)

Done! 

And it's a Roughwear model, which has always been my favorite. 

Here's another Buzz Rickson uniform for the thread: 

DSC05382_zpsdsvbablg.jpg

Hoping/praying the shoulders give a little more...

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up the bigger, heavier Buzz Demotex N-1 (will get pictures of it up in the next couple days), so need to move my old standard version.  Have it listed on ebay. (now sold)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buzz-Ricksons-N-1-Deck-Jacket-Size-XXL-/262202481154?

Edited by setterman

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the bigger, heavier Buzz Demotex N-1 (will get pictures of it up in the next couple days), so need to move my old standard version.  Have it listed on ebay. (now sold)

I just got the heavy demotex version as well(history preservation non-stencil edition). Very nice jacket, fit is good, except... Man is it tight in the armpits. Really tight.

I have a 38-39" chest, and ordered a size 38.

Now debating on sending it back & ordering a size 40. I really don't want the extra bulk, but these arm holes...

Send it back man! Get the 40. I think the it's that the arm holes are really high? I'm same size chest as you, I ordered the other version in 38 and had same problem. It looked like it fit but armpits were uncomfortable. the size 40 is so comfortable and looks great. There is not a huge difference between sizes. And you can always give the sleeves a little cuff if they are too long.

I just got the heavy demotex version as well(history preservation non-stencil edition). Very nice jacket, fit is good, except... Man is it tight in the armpits. Really tight.

I have a 38-39" chest, and ordered a size 38.

Now debating on sending it back & ordering a size 40. I really don't want the extra bulk, but these arm holes...

Do you have the blue or khaki version? I seem to remember Charles saying the blue one fits slightly smaller (but don't hold me to that).  You're similar to me as far as how much the jacket measures compared to actual chest size (jacket is 6" bigger).  I get a little pinch at the armpits, but that's the nature of the style and the amount of material in the area of the jacket, and it's nothing that isn't manageable.  You could try going up to a 40, but then I'd be worried about the body being too wide.  This jacket is designed to be worn over bibbed overalls of the same material, so getting something that fits close enough to keep out the cold air over regular clothing might be tough.  The standard version is kind of in between the sizes of the Demotex model, if you don't need the heavier alpaca (I do in the Great Lakes region), you might find a better fit with that version.

A few pictures down shows the fit difference between a standard version that's a mix of XXL and XXXL measurements, and the 46 Demotex.  

https://www.instagram.com/setterpie/

Edited by setterman

Thank you guys for the replies!

Jacket is the khaki version, non stencil demotex.

After wearing the jacket for 4-5 hours last night, the fit definitely loosened up. Nothing drastic, but it's not uncomfortably digging into my armpits like when I first put it on. I think I'm gonna keep the 38. I really love this jacket, and each time I took it off and put it back on, it grew on me more & more.

I imagine after a couple weeks of wear, the fabric will relax a little more and the jacket will become more comfortable (much like new heavy denim or other heavy fabric).

I really wanted the navy version but it sold out before I could buy one. I plan on getting one next year. Thanks to your reply setterman I'll likely get the 40 in blue.

Cheers you guys, thank you!

(Ps- setterman- great looking English setter man! My uncle down in South Georgia used to train bird dogs for field & trial, his English setters were his pride in joy in the 80's. He's gotten older now and moved on to English cockers- says their more 'relaxed' at home than most bird dogs & require less food lol.)

Edited by Ghost tech

Good fit on that jacket!  I think the pinching was probably just all the bulky material at the arm pits, and it's going to settle down with wear.  

Thanks for the kind words about Bryce.  Field trial setters..... your uncle was smart to move onto something smaller and calmer in his older years!  I'm going to be in my 40s when I start looking for Bryce's replacement in a couple years, and while I want to stick with setters, I'd like something a little less energetic (at least for the first couple years of it's life).    

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words about Bryce.  Field trial setters..... your uncle was smart to move onto something smaller and calmer in his older years!  I'm going to be in my 40s when I start looking for Bryce's replacement in a couple years, and while I want to stick with setters, I'd like something a little less energetic (at least for the first couple years of it's life).

I'll look out for spanielman in the forums by 2020!

I'll look out for spanielman in the forums by 2020!

Ha!  I'll do every thing I can to stick with setters, but for a number of different reasons Bryce might be my first and last bird dog.  Still got at least two or three good seasons with him though.  He's in good shape, and should be able to take to the field at least until 2017 when he'll be 9 1/2 years old.  After that, we'll hunt as much as he wants.    

Sorry to post another jacket sale here, but I've got a sick setter running up vet bills and need to come up with some cash.

Size 46 Buzz L2.  According to HPA, they don't expect to make size 46s in these model jackets again.    

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262277270190?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking at getting a Buzz Rickson Loopwheel sweat. Do I need to size up to allow for shrinkage or grab well fitting size right away? I'm 6'1" and skinny and thinking about a Large.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna see an update on jstavrin's 50's pair. Not enough pics of Buzz jeans floating around.

Hey! They're due for a wash this weekend, so I'll try to remember to take some shots when they're dry. They're fading about as slowly as expected, and I absolutely love them. 

• 2 months later...