Buzz Rickson

partytaco

• 4 weeks later...

Yup, 100% wool. I ordered it from Eastman and had it sent to a friend in London who shipped it to me so I could skip the expensive shipping and duties and such. It was also much cheaper there than History Preservation.

don't get me started on History Preservation...

Check the Eastman site and check them out... do the math. They're almost always twice or more what it would cost to have it shipped direct from Eastman! And Eastman now ships to the States!

Even shipping is cheaper to ship from England to California than to ship from Georgia to California... I just don't get it...

nice cap by the way...

• 1 month later...

X-posted from military inspired thread

Just got the Buzz Rickson's 1940's foul weather hook front jacket. It is way too hot to ever wear, nearly, but is far too gorgeous to return. I will be suffering through its 23oz wool/organdy many times this F/W. Fit pics as soon as I can get a hold of the gf's dslr. Crappy iPhone pics:

pxj.jpg

uyqc.jpg

^^^ that's what I want to buy too. but I don't like the USNAVY emblazoned across the back. Would anybody know any easy way of getting it off/covering it? (Yes, I know the Gibson black version is available, for like $250 more though)

Living in LA is the only reason I don't own that jacket. I need to find a jacket that is as awesome but not as heavy.

Living in LA is the only reason I don't own that jacket. I need to find a jacket that is as awesome but not as heavy.

go with an A2 or A1

• 2 weeks later...

Just visited Craft in LA for the first time and bought a BR chambray. Love the shirt and the guy who helped me seemed genuinely cool (I didn't catch his name, but he was a co-owner). Can't wait to scrounge up some more money and get something else. Great store.

I also own a BZ chambray and love the fit and details. Got lots of compliments about it too when I was in Japan last april

I also own a BZ chambray and love the fit and details. Got lots of compliments about it too when I was in Japan last april

Yeah, great shirt! One of my favorites. Sleeves could have been a tad longer, but that's the vintage cut for ya I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I need some quick advice. I'm ordering the WW2 khakis from History Preservation and they're advising me to order a size 34 despite the fact that I only ever wear a size 32. The best way to measure your waist is at the actual waist, right? They're saying to measure an inch below the navel, which measures 34, but I have never ordered pants that big. I still fit into my size 30 APCs.

If you are getting the '42 chinos I would stay stick with a 32 as they are baggy and fairly highrise, but they do shrink a bit in the waist. That said, I don't particularly like the customer service at HPA so I may be biased.

Doesn't seem like anyone really does..I'll go with my gut and get the 32s.

Guest jbone45
Doesn't seem like anyone really does..I'll go with my gut and get the 32s.

Hey, can you post the link to the '42 chino? What is the expected shipping time to California?