ATX! meetup?

thedaniway

Took a few shampoos, but I finally got all the dust and crap out of my hair. While ass weekend at FFF. I'll be in Austin the rest of the week if anything is going on. Job interviews and Housing shit until I finally move here

Yeah, FFF was quite awesome. Dust was horrible second day but not THAT big of a deal. I'm glad I did PIP as beer and food would have sucked but they could have mentioned that only certain food would be honored for the voucher. Also they didn't put in some crap into the bag that they said they would like a beach towel or something. I don't care about any of it but still. Beer lasted surprisingly long but still ran out early (right before the last sets).

Glad I went but also ready to rest and clean various people's nasty ass sweat off all my shit from last night.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i'm actually in the san antonio area, but i frequently have to drive to austin to see any decent bands. i'm not sure if i'll hit both dates, but i'm for sure hitting at least one. i haven't bought tickets yet as i have to see what my schedule will be like as well, but i'm probably not gonna wait too much longer.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^ There are several GYBE tickets still on Craigslist... don't sleep.

I'm going to both nights. A friend of mine was supposed to come with me, but he backed out because of work issues. Shoot me a PM if anyone wants to meet up before the show and grab some drinks.

• 3 months later...

i'm graduating in may and will almost certainly leave austin (and texas) when i do. there should be a meetup before this.

anyone else going to the toro y moi show on like february 1 or 2 (can't remember)? also plan on doing at least part of sxsw. i went once before and it was great. i'd highly recommend going if you have the time. free shows and free booze at some, not to mention a fuckton of awesome artists.

i'll be at toro (feb 2) and sxsw for the free shows~ would be fun to meet up, usually spend most of sxsw walking around tokin and drinkin w a couple of friends. will probably bring some clif bars and fruit or something to munch on throughout the day, on that zero expense tip.

i'll be at toro (feb 2) and sxsw for the free shows~ would be fun to meet up, usually spend most of sxsw walking around tokin and drinkin w a couple of friends. will probably bring some clif bars and fruit or something to munch on throughout the day, on that zero expense tip.

nice, i'll probably be the only blonde guy there if you want to keep an eye out for me. i'm 6'1 and will be with a friend or two. i just posted a pic in the hair style thread.

trying to get food during sxsw can be a hassle anyway, even despite money. everyone will be trying to get something to eat and basically all restaurants will be packed and slow. clif bars and the like are a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

damn that toro y moi concert was bigger than i anticipated. not sure why i expected something smaller but i did. didn't even realize it was at emo's east and not the emo's at 6th until like the day before. went with a friend and ran into someone we knew, but lost them after entering. knew some other people there but never saw them. don't really care.

i thought the show was pretty good but my friend and i had taken acid earlier in the day and we were still feeling it strongly, so it was hard to get into at times (though it made it really awesome at some parts). i also have trouble getting into shows when the crowd is that big (and i'm at the back of it). seemed like the bass player's guitar was fucking massive which i thought was funny.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^that line was horrible (if you're referring to the captain murphy one at empire automotive). my friends and i got there really early and were waiting right outside of the entrance of 'the sidebar' (the place right next to it). we left after like 2.5 hours and essentially no line movement. then we walked way over to east austin to another show only to be left outside since the fire department or police told them they had to legally limit the amount of people they could let in.

all in all sxsw was awesome though. didn't get to see as many people as i wished but i knew that was gonna happen. i saw rustie and got to talk to him, so it would be pretty hard to consider it unsuccessful. my friends and i also creeped to the front of the boiler room line before it started since we recognized some people. the girl i was with and i were really tired from not much sleep so went outside during the beginning but don't think we missed much of anything. saw shlohmo, mount kimbie, flatbush zombies, lunice and mykki blanco. but we got tired and went home. my other friends stayed for the whole thing. one of my friends was in the mosh during death grips and said it was insane - he was really bruised the next day (said it was fun though still). he also got on stage with lunice. and another friend said she crowd surfed during lunice or someone else i forget.

overall rustie was obviously my favorite since he's my one of my few favorite musicians, but ryan hemsworth was surprisingly really awesome too. not that i expected him to be bad, but it was way better than i expected.

sxsw has gotten so huge so quickly. in some ways it's good since more musicians come but also makes it harder to get into shows.

Edited by wurm

got into flylo at the amoa, then captain murphy the next night. empire automotive line sucked, but got in just in time to catch gaslamp killer. was onstage during worlds fair and a-trak on thursday and during daedelus vs. ryan hemsworth on friday. overall, met sum cool people, saw sum good free shows, and walked a shitload for free parking.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We need a more active sufu community you guys.

Went to Black Sheep Lodge last night to watch the world series, ended up being kind of boring sadly.

And I'll probably go to some lame SEU party for Halloween or something.