ATX! meetup?

thedaniway

I have seen 3-4 Austin, Tx members on here-and am in contact with one of them. are there more of you? where are you? want to grab some counter cafe?

• 4 months later...

Seems like everyone is at ACL this weekend but the Fun Fun Fun Fest has a much better line up in my opinion. That's not to mention the fact that it's held at a much more ideal time of year and that it's a bit cheaper too. I plan on being there. I'd be down for a meetup otherwise though.

Seems like everyone is at ACL this weekend but the Fun Fun Fun Fest has a much better line up in my opinion. That's not to mention the fact that it's held at a much more ideal time of year and that it's a bit cheaper too. I plan on being there. I'd be down for a meetup otherwise though.

I won tickets to ACL and sold them without thinking twice. In my opinion there were only a handful of decent bands, and I'm not about to go out in the heat with 200,000 people. FFF is going to be great though. I just hope that it doesn't turn into a dust storm-- the Auditorium Shores lawn is looking pretty damn dry.

I won tickets to ACL and sold them without thinking twice. In my opinion there were only a handful of decent bands, and I'm not about to go out in the heat with 200,000 people. FFF is going to be great though. I just hope that it doesn't turn into a dust storm-- the Auditorium Shores lawn is looking pretty damn dry.

Yeah, it's pretty dead but I'm not too concerned. The ground is gonna get destroyed anyway.

My issue is deciding whether or not to get a PIP pass. Honestly $270 isn't bad since the normal three day pass is $160 after fees and shit. I would honestly guess that free food and beer would cover most of the difference. I'd just sell the free chrome bag and probably come out on top. That said, I think one of my friends just bought the normal pass and I wouldn't want to leave him by himself.

fuck pip, remember when the weekend pass was $70 like three years ago?

i'd rather save the cash and buy a shitload of green~

Yeah I do. Paid $120/ticket this year for the reg weekend pass, which is still a much better price than most of the festivals. PIP is hard to justify.

I wish it were still held at Waterloo, but Auditorium Shores is two blocks from my Apt. If there's no in/out policy the convenience will be worth the move.

Is there anything else good coming up? I'm going to the Gang Gang Dance show in Oct, but seems like there's not a lot else going on till FFF.

I went ahead and bought the pip pass. Like we talked about earlier, I just don't see a flaw with selling the backpack. If I get even $75 for it I still think it will save me money in the end cause I was planning on being there all three days anyway and alcohol and food will probably get expensive.

It kind of sucks that the price has gone up overall but the fest has grown and has bigger names and shit. It happens with all music festivals. Still, the early bird passes were pretty damn cheap considering the size and the fest overall is a better value than most I think.

Anyway, I'm excited for it and at this point that's all that really matters. I just hope I can go to class on Friday and not miss anything I want to see. Might have to skip.

oh, it's definitely still worth it--the lineup somehow improves every year, no matter how sick the previous year was. hopefully funx3 won't become the next acl, which is completely unenjoyable to me now.

honestly, i just hope the weather is nice. i'll likely be faded the entire time anyway and it's usually not too bad to have a few bigass beers

• 3 weeks later...

So is anyone still interested in doing this? If so, any good suggestions for places to do it? I would say somewhere downtown but it'll likely be too loud and crowded. I'm in NE Austin, so that's where I know a few places (like Black Star or the Draught House [the bar on Medical, not the cinema] or Thunderbird, etc...) but I can bike wherever, if most people are closer to something else. I just moved here a month and a half ago, so I don't know enough places yet.

I'm visiting for the rest of the week trying to find jobs/housing. Hopefully making the move from SF at the end of the month. Trying to find a central place with a backyard for my dog has been tough. Either way I'm boozing every night this week and would be down to meet up

• 3 weeks later...
So ready for fun fun fun fest. Looks like the weather will be pretty much perfect for it too. I think the fears about it being a dust bowl might come true though. Anyone else doing PIP?

Unfortunately not doing PIP.

Yeah, I fear for the worst about the dust. I actually talked to the FFF guys, and they said they had a 'plan to control it'. They wouldn't give me specifics though. I went ahead and bought a dusk mask anyways. hah.

Weather looks perfect though, and the shores are only two blocks from my apartment. Really looking forward to it.

Anyone taking advantage of the free after shows? I wish they had a better selection of bands that I won't already be seeing at the festival....but still...

Thinking about Ty Segall tonight @ Mohawk or maybe Frankie Chan + Spank Rock guys @ Beauty Bar.

getting there round 4 today, is it dusty as fuck as predicted?

Yeah. The dust is out of control. I won PIP passes today, and it made me realize how much they really are worth it (follow @smartcarusa for a giveaway tomorrow). Will definitely buy for next year. The fest has been awesome so far (aside from the fucking dust)!