Boots/shoes-Sizing advice

k4727

My two cents, bought a pair two weeks ago.

I find that Beckman boots tend to be roomier for some reason. I bought my size (foot - 271, boot size - 270) to wear them with thin insoles. Not that I think its own insole isn't comfortable, but to be able to use some insulation in winter. Without additional insoles they're totally fine in length, but there is room in the middle of a boot and a heel slips a little. 

p.s.: when I say "thin insole" I really mean it. It's just a plain coconut insole, no special support anywhere.

Sweet thread!

I wear:

9 for converse all-stars

9,5 for adidas originals

What would my size be for the Red Wing Beckman 9016 and Wolverine 1000 mile boots?

Edited by BOPOHA-KAP-KAP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hoping to get advice from someone who has Wesco Jobmasters and White's Semi-Dress...I've been searching high and low and it seems the consensus is get the same size, however edmond swears by sizing up on Wesco from your White's. Is there anyone that owns Jobmasters and Semi-Dress/Bounty Hunters specifically that can offer their opinion?

How consistent is sizing between red wing models? I ordered a pair of moc toes in 11 M and they were a little small in the toe box and too slim throughout, especially in the middle of my foot. Would I want an 11.5 EE in other models(like the beckman) or do they fit differently?

• 1 month later...

I have wide feet and usually wear a UK 8 in boots (occasionally 8.5) and 9 in trainers. I sought the advice of almostnice (who manages the Hamburg Red Wing store) to size down half a size and bought a 7.5 UK (8.5 US) D fitting on my 875s. They were tight at first but stretched relatively easily and are now really comfortable. I've had them for a couple of years and couldn't be happier with them

the red wing store in frankfurt (germany) offered both regular and wide some time ago.

i own several pairs of moc toes (all in size 12) and one pair of round toes (in size 11,5) so i know that they run different.

• 5 months later...

Howdy all. I'd like to order a pair of Real McCoy's Buco engineers from Vintage (their Rakuten store), but I can't figure out what size to get. My left (bigger) foot, standing and traced, was 10.25 inches (26ish cm).

I wear a size 9.5 running shoe but a size 8 Wolverine 1000 Miler. Size 8.5 Viberg Service boot but that might be just a bit too big.

The info on the rakuten Vintage site says this about boot size. Are they talking about the inside where my foot goes (so I'd get a size 9)? What else would they be referring to, right?

Size:
   6H (24.5cm)
   7 (25.0cm)
   7H (25.5cm)
   8 (26.0cm)
   8H (26.5cm)
   9 (27.0cm)
   9H (27.5cm)
   10 (28.0cm)

Thanks for any help.

Edited by slubslub

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly building a pair of Wesco Boss Engineers. Looking for advice on sizing.

Nike/Adidas/etc: 11

Alden Trubalance: 10 D

Wolverine 1K: 10 D (probably could take a 9.5 in these)

Vans: 10.5

Birks: 43

I think I would take a 10 D, but I've heard they may run a little more true to size then others. Last time I checked my sizing in store was 2 years ago, so I'll probably go confirm my brancock in the next few weeks. 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please excuse the double post from SF. I'm trying to get a wide perspective on this.

Has anyone here ever sent tracings to White's and Baker's and gotten two different sizes for the semi dress? This happened to me. 

The problem:

-White's asks for tracings made while you are standing up.

-Baker's asks for tracings made while you are sitting down, arguing that the arch support in the boot prevents your foot from elongating, as it normally would when you stand and put weight on it.

Baker's told me I'm 11C or 11.5B

White's told me I'm 12B

As I recall, my brannock measurements are typically 12.5 on the right and 12 on the left, exact width unknown though I know I have damn narrow feet. Both can be a little longer if it's been a real long day on my feet. 

I wear size 12 Nike (just a tad snug), sz 11.5 in Red Wing GT and Wolverine 1k, though these last two only work with thick insoles (I use superfeet green)

Forums I've read on sizing these things (including this one) are really erratic. Some say size down, some say go TTS, some even say size up. I'm mostly curious to hear what method people used to trace their feet, what company did the sizing, and how the results turned out. And if you know your sizing in Red Wing, Alden, or Wolverine 1K I'd love to hear it.

Thanks very much. When I sort all of this out I'll be sure post a sizing guide for skinny feet like mine.

I did it the Baker's way. My White's semi dress (11D) are exactly the same as my Red Wing GT, Iron Rangers, Alden Indy (11D). My Red Wing chukkas are 11.5D, Alden suedes (11.5D). But I seem to have a more "regular" shoe size than some.

Please excuse the double post from SF. I'm trying to get a wide perspective on this.

Has anyone here ever sent tracings to White's and Baker's and gotten two different sizes for the semi dress? This happened to me. 

The problem:

-White's asks for tracings made while you are standing up.

-Baker's asks for tracings made while you are sitting down, arguing that the arch support in the boot prevents your foot from elongating, as it normally would when you stand and put weight on it.

Baker's told me I'm 11C or 11.5B

White's told me I'm 12B

As I recall, my brannock measurements are typically 12.5 on the right and 12 on the left, exact width unknown though I know I have damn narrow feet. Both can be a little longer if it's been a real long day on my feet. 

I wear size 12 Nike (just a tad snug), sz 11.5 in Red Wing GT and Wolverine 1k, though these last two only work with thick insoles (I use superfeet green)

Forums I've read on sizing these things (including this one) are really erratic. Some say size down, some say go TTS, some even say size up. I'm mostly curious to hear what method people used to trace their feet, what company did the sizing, and how the results turned out. And if you know your sizing in Red Wing, Alden, or Wolverine 1K I'd love to hear it.

Thanks very much. When I sort all of this out I'll be sure post a sizing guide for skinny feet like mine.

• 1 month later...

Been reading the entire thread but didn't find/couldn't work out my sizing. I'm interested in the lone wolf carpenters, and I'm a us9d on the brannock.

-whites semi dress 8.5d

-alden Barrie 8.5d

-converse 9d

-palladium 9d

What size would I be in the lone wolf carpenters? There's info on this thread but it doesn't apply to me as I cannot imagine sizing differences between different foot widths