let knowledge tenderly caress you �or� bringing knowledge and wisdom to the victims

yeah, but... cool story brah??

it's the wording. mathematically a revolution is a full circle, 360. the two points may have different speeds linearly, but share the same rpm in the circular plane that is the record. get it?

edit-basically all points on the record have the same rpm

• 2 weeks later...
if i trade in my 06 g35 for a new '11 prius i will save approximately $400 a month. $4,776 annually.

SMART SHlT

don't do that though
eco pussy waoo

no one said i was intelligent ;)

and do people buy priuses (prii?) forthe ozone or gas mileage? I cant figure it out

v = ω*r

v is the translational velocity

ω is the angular velocity

r is the radius

ω is the same for the two points since they both trace out the same angle in the same amount of time, but as radius increases, translational velocity (straight line, no rotation) increases.

High school physics knowledge bombs.

this is the most accurate and clear presentation of how one would experience the world traveling close to the speed of light, unfortunately the execution of the video is a little.....shitty

JQnHTKZBTI4

edit: in other words, traveling at the speed of light would not be nearly as cool as you think

• 1 month later...

no one said i was intelligent ;)

and do people buy priuses (prii?) forthe ozone or gas mileage? I cant figure it out

people buy prius because it's the liberal hip thing to do. they drive around to show it off and also love the smell of their own farts

people who wouldn't be caught dead in vanilla toyota are hopping into new prius. toyota knows this and is further developing their "prius" brand with a different emblem that is somehow even more self-congratulating and smug.

dat eco-conspicuous swag

people buy prius because it's the liberal hip thing to do. they drive around to show it off and also love the smell of their own farts

people who wouldn't be caught dead in vanilla toyota are hopping into new prius. toyota knows this and is further developing their "prius" brand with a different emblem that is somehow even more self-congratulating and smug.

dat eco-conspicuous swag

this dude hates that shit! that's cool though. i'm down with people wanting to do the right thing, but the thing is that the minerals for those fucking batteries in those cars are mined in either canada or russia, sent to japan, cars are built, and then shipped around the world to consumer markets, which basically means that when you buy a fucking prius it's already done a million miles being shipped back and forth around the world burning fossil fuels and negating the positive impact one would hope to have. FUCK.

^true but thats how all cars are

the worst part of a prius maybe (besides the psychological effect of people thinking they are doing anything by driving a hybrid (they aren't) ) is that the batteries last 10 years or so, and after that they are just some big toxic piece of scrap which is just going to get put in a dump and pollute forever.

but,

whatever

'Through a study by CNW Marketing called “Dust to Dust,†the total combined energy is taken from all the electrical, fuel, transportation, materials (metal, plastic, etc) and hundreds of other factors over the expected lifetime of a vehicle. The Prius costs an average of $3.25 per mile driven over a lifetime of 100,000 miles – the expected lifespan of the Hybrid.

The Hummer, on the other hand, costs a more fiscal $1.95 per mile to put on the road over an expected lifetime of 300,000 miles. That means the Hummer will last three times longer than a Prius and use less combined energy doing it.

So, if you are an environmentalist – ditch the Prius. Instead, buy one of the most economical cars available a Toyota Scion xB. The Scion only costs a paltry $0.48 per mile to put on the road. If you are still obsessed over gas mileage – buy a Chevy Aveo and fix that lead foot.

The Toyota Prius has become the flagship car for those in our society so environmentally conscious that they are willing to spend a premium to show the world how much they care. Unfortunately for them, their ultimate green car donation is the source of some of the worst pollution in North America; it takes more combined energy per Prius to produce than a Hummer.'

Rest of it here:

Edited by Lozinski

i remember reading about a study(surveys) being done and most people said they bought a prius because they care about the environment and all that (or want to portray that) just the way they know and decide on expressing that through their $$$s is a prius aka uneducated consumers making poor decisions

this shit is crazy though, 2012 will be good year for understanding of the (human) brain: computers are insane

this article bout cannabinoids and eating disorders is cool, this is a thing(interview with chairman of bio department at university of colorado) all about what we know about cannabinoids, super interesting imo. first fact is that cannabinoids are found in all creatures above hydras and mollusks except for insects, i had no idea they were a whole neuromodulatory system either fuck yeah reads like the dude smokes a lot of pot

Edited by pieiskewl

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Supposedly nearly 1,000 math PhDs get this question wrong when it seems so simple:

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1 [but the door is not opened], and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

highlight for answer:

Yes. switching the door will increase your chance of winning the car from 1/3 to 2/3, type "Monty Hall Problem" in Wikipedia to find out.

Edited by IamJacky

Supposedly nearly 1,000 math PhDs get this question wrong when it seems so simple:

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1 [but the door is not opened], and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?

highlight for answer:

Yes. switching the door will increase your chance of winning the car from 1/3 to 2/3, type "Monty Hall Problem" in Wikipedia to find out.

twas in a lovely book. marilyn vos savant answered it correctly in parade magazine, and had phds writing in to tell her how dumb she was for getting it wrong.

It's basic Bayesian probability. I don't see why people always post it in threads like this.

you are overestimating how intelligent the average person is...plus we are asian and we do math.

It's basic Bayesian probability. I don't see why people always post it in threads like this.

haha... well i'm not sure about the rest of the board but i have no idea what bayesian probability is; i thought it was a simple logic question and had an answer of 1/3 until i saw marilyn vos savant's explanation, thought it was interesting and "smart".

@IamJacky-- hah, didn't mean to come off like a dick. It's just an introductory probability example that I've seen all over the place and think it's a bit overexposed. Then again I deal with this stuff all the time so my point of view is pretty skewed.