let knowledge tenderly caress you �or� bringing knowledge and wisdom to the victims

• 3 weeks later...

225px-Perelman%2C_Grigori_%281966%29.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Perelman

He had previously turned down a prestigious prize from the European Mathematical Society, allegedly saying that he felt the prize committee was unqualified to assess his work, even positively.

On 18 March 2010, Perelman was awarded a Millennium Prize for solving the problem. On June 8, 2010, he did not attend a ceremony in his honor at the Institut Océanographique, Paris to accept his $1 million prize. According to Interfax, Perelman refused to accept the Millennium prize in July 2010. He considered the decision of Clay Institute unfair for not sharing the prize with Richard Hamilton, and stated that "the main reason is my disagreement with the organized mathematical community. I don't like their decisions, I consider them unjust."

I have a passing obsession with the polymath Joe Davis at the moment. I find "smart shit" nearly always goes best with "weird shit".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Davis_%28artist%29

Saw this trailer at a festival when I was too high to comprehend. Want to see this doco so bad.

Speed = distance/time

They take the same time to do a full circle but don't travel the same distance, hence the faster speed.

Basic physics brah

Edit: I'm not going to flood this thread with more useless shit by posting again... This is a great thread.. don't post some entry level physics shit that you could easily google the answer to.