Japan mobster jackets.

spidereye

18 minutes ago, JDelage said:

Awesome coat, but I don't think I have the balls to wear it...

I cannot think of a person that has existed in the past or will exist that should have the balls to wear that jacket. Prince maybe, Liberace perhaps?

9 minutes ago, aho said:

^To be honest I've gotten weirded out with any type of "USN" regalia, etc. and no longer wear my N-1 because of the stenciling. Just my personal preference these days as I've never served (even if it's obvious WWII, etc.)

Well, USN regalia does sometimes serve as a great conversation starter and respect from patriotic patrons and vets here in America.  Even my own A-2 gets the proverbial "where did you get that jacket from?" every once and a while.

However, that jacket that was posted is too loud.  Too busy and cheapens the jacket IMO.

16 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

Well, USN regalia does sometimes serve as a great conversation starter and respect from patriotic patrons and vets here in America.  Even my own A-2 gets the proverbial "where did you get that jacket from?" every once and a while.

However, that jacket that was posted is too loud.  Too busy and cheapens the jacket IMO.

No judgement on others of course, I say wear what you like! Had an old school Detective ask me one time where I got my N-1; He said he grew up wearing his father's, who served in WWII which is definitely cool. He couldn't believe it was a reproduction and said it was spot on. That said, it can also bring a certain negative attention if someone isn't willing to look from the "respect" angle, and more from a "stolen valor" angle. Have also gotten a few older rough types give me a glare, one even spat in my direction after eyeing me up and down, but that honestly could've just been a racial thing too. 

Badass jacket. But I bet you'll have to answer a ton of questions about the time you (never) spent in the Navy if you're wearing this.

You could totally wear this in Austria tho. People may only take you for someone with a weird fetish for Asia.

Edited by Outdoorsman

14 hours ago, JDelage said:

Awesome coat, but I don't think I have the balls to wear it...

Me too ..just admired the art

14 hours ago, aho said:

^To be honest I've gotten weirded out with any type of "USN" regalia, etc. and no longer wear my N-1 because of the stenciling. Just my personal preference these days as I've never served (even if it's obvious WWII, etc.)

Always wanted to wear this peacoat..sadly my country weather are hot

13 hours ago, The Chad said:

I cannot think of a person that has existed in the past or will exist that should have the balls to wear that jacket. Prince maybe, Liberace perhaps?

Prince are good candidate ,he will nail it :)

1 hour ago, Outdoorsman said:

Badass jacket. But I bet you'll have to answer a ton of questions about the time you (never) spent in the Navy if you're wearing this.

You could totally wear this in Austria tho. People may only take you for someone with a weird fetish for Asia.

Wear it at fashion show..Milan etc sit next to KiM Kardashian 

dang you will be on front page News.