my trip to bodega (boston)

sach

ok guy as promised I went to bodega in boston today and here are some pics for you

from the outside, it looks like a pretty normal bodega that are pretty common around here (massachusetts ave, back bay, boston)

bodega1.jpg

inside, and at the back of the tiny store, is a snapple machine

bodega2.jpg

walk up to the snapple machine, and!

bodega3.jpg

bodega1111.jpg

bodega4.jpg

bodega5.jpg

shirts

bodega6.jpg

a fuckin awesome slick rick shirt (this one is $60, but most of the shirts are about $28)

bodega7.jpg

dunks

bodega8.jpg

bodega9.jpg

DRxNIKE custom leather jackets ($899) these jackets are one-or-two-of-a-kind

bodega10.jpg

bodega11.jpg

there was more stuff but I forgot to take pictures of the hats and stuff! anyway, it's a fucking awesome store, and when I ge tpaind on tuesday I'm going to blow half my check!

Edited by sach on Jun 4, 2006 at 01:42 PM

yeah i was gonna say the shelves look kind of sparse. i definitely enjoy this concept though, but only if the front is an active bodega. i can see some old lady tryna get a snapple then freaking out when the batcave opens to the back.

great concept, and good to finally have a legit boutique in boston...laced is a joke.

the only concerns i have are:

a.) the street scene isnt really big enough in boston to merit a store that no one is going to just stumble into. the only way people are going to find out about it is by word of mouth, and i dont know how well thats gonna spread in boston.

b.) the ny pride clothing thing is huge, and im sure itll be a huge money maker. but boston is boston, and i dont know how people are going to feel about a new york-oriented/inspired shop in downtown boston.

regardless, its the first real street boutique we have here, and im hoping that it works out for them so they can keep the quirky storefront...i love the idea.

BALDERDASH.

• 8 years later...

why are they so hard to get in touch with? i made an order over a week ago (i'm overseas) and still haven't received a shipping notification. i've emailed twice and tweeted once with no response - what next? i would try to call but the timezone differences between here and the states would mean getting up at 3am or something.

Edited by conqueror

thanks, i guess i'll wait another few days and then get up in the middle of the night to call them. so stupid, especially not acknowledging a tweet since they seem to be v active on there.

skeetinmynose - that user hasn't been online in a month so there's not much point emailing them.

thanks for the offer but it looks like i finally got a response - apparently the item i ordered was located in a different 'storage area' and they forgot to send it out or even let me know what was going on! beyond ridiculous.

Edited by conqueror

wow, woke up to another email and the item is completely sold out! fuck bodega, if you're an international customer i would stay the fuck away. worst experience ever.

Rough. I was actually going to post something along the lines of "hopefully, after all this, they don't come back and tell you it's sold out," but I didn't want to jinx it. 

That's tough, man. Been there. 

wow, woke up to another email and the item is completely sold out! fuck bodega, if you're an international customer i would stay the fuck away. worst experience ever.

were you tryna cop foams or sumthin?

the saga is over - i finally received my refund, but i wasn't sent the "significant" discount code that i was promised (after this i prob wouldn't use it anyway). i also lost about $40 because of international bank fees which isn't entirely their fault but still adds to the shitty experience.