homi29

Fashion/Clothing Brands you hate on

there's a huge difference between cdg play and cdg.

He's right about Play though. It's impossible to wear without looking like a brandwhore.

play makes for good pyjamas. otherwise just burn that shit. it's a great way to make money off people with no taste that just want to display logos though.

i had some time to kill with some business partners recently in a city i didn't know well so i asked them where i might get some decent shopping, they brought me to:

Armani

Versace

Gucci

Probably the brands i hate the most in the world. and since they brought me there to be nice, i had to at least pretend to be somewhat interested. versace and armani especially are such garbage, it's even worst when you have a close look

i'm also probably gonna get flamed for that, but i have a profound dislike for Damir Doma. my reasons aren't exactly clear, but i find it hard to take the label seriously, it feels to me as if it's designed exclusively based on sort of "Dress like a Goth Ninja" guidebook or something, to the point where it feels fake...

Sounds more like Odyn Vovk than Doma, or maybe both. I hate both equally.

I share your feelings about Damir Doma - although I don't see it as a Goth Ninja brand at all. It's more Middle Eastern desert nomad to me. But I agree that they feel and look too costumey, as if he is not creating clothes for the modern man.

The same can of course be said about Ann D. to a degree, but I think her clothes don't feel as much as reproductions, and they mix much better with other brands as well. To wear Doma well I think you have to pair them with other similar designs or just with more Doma, which makes me kinda hate on him.

I do appreciate his vision, even though it's become more blurred with recent collections.

Edit: Middle Eastern/Balkan nomad I guess is more what I was thinking.

I see DD as more of a piece-by-piece purchase, rather than a "whole look". I don't want to look like I ride a camel (no hate for those who do), but individual pieces can be very nice worn on their own.

I see DD as more of a piece-by-piece purchase, rather than a "whole look". I don't want to look like I ride a camel (no hate for those who do), but individual pieces can be very nice worn on their own.

Do you have any pics where Damir Doma is being incorporated without creating a "whole look"? Would love to see it.

Do you have any pics where Damir Doma is being incorporated without creating a "whole look"? Would love to see it.

A few that I think look sharp...

http://streetpeeper.com/fashion/john-skelton-ln-cc-london

http://streetpeeper.com/fashion/kaya-preen-ss-2009

http://streetpeeper.com/fashion/william-damir-doma

http://streetpeeper.com/fashion/mun-soo-kwon-seoul

All subjective of course, but I don't think any of them look overtly literal.

I really love that kaya fit..

http://streetpeeper.com/fashion/bart-again-mercer-street is nice too

damir doma used to make some sick shorts for that urbancombat steez before he got all bedouin on us

except dino looks like a boss and that guy looks like somebody's bitch.

but i hate Red Wings...even more when i heard a radio commercial for them. FM radio.

the # of violations at uniqlo's production facilities is way up this year, can't wait to see next year's report

sERai.jpg

im not very fond of julius or virdi-anne.

i used to like number (n)ine, but they have got some ugly pieces.

are there any spanish brands that dont make u look like a chav\choad\guido\douchebag?

abercromie

tommy hilfiger

LV

+ and other brands with a big logo on their stuff

... and i hate RAY BAN !!!!!!!!!

are there any spanish brands that dont make u look like a chav\choad\guido\douchebag?

was gonna say loewe but i just looked at their website

so... no