Fashion/Clothing Brands you hate on

homi29

Overly large Lyle & Scott logo

What's the reason people trash on Lyle & Scott so often? They make pretty nice polos. Is it their advertising or something?

is it lost on everyone that uniqlo is the same shit as H&M, ASOS, topman et al?

It's definitely better than those.

Michael Kors - Was this dude ever any good. I always see his crap on clearance rack at Nordstrom Rack. Basically its Banana Republic with his name on it.

Jack Spade - ripoffs of a lot of Porter\Muji stuff from late 90s-early 2000. The white urban male's version of Coach for people who think they can purchase class.

Superdry - fucking Hollister/Abercrombie but with random Japanese city names vomitted all over.

quote:

originally posted by Just Another XY

turbogothninja

dressin' as if we're colorblind and psychiatrically diagnosed with depression

(also no outfits under $2k kthxbai)

quote:

some of y'all got too much damn money.

quote:

better yet

'superfuture twits driving standards for the first time!'

watch them grind their gears in number (nine) jawnz and cry into their visvim goretex shells!

or better yet

'does wearing acronym make you a better soldier?'

we put these mallninjas into a real combat scenario and see how quickly they can use their 3rdarm in actual tactical situations! $1000goretex vs $5 ak-47? WHOWILL WIN?!?!

quote:

what happened to visvim?

4 years ago doing mountaineering stuff for decent prices

now they're selling bead necklaces i can find in nevada for 4k?

this is ridiculous. smh

quote:

flannel – wings + horns, $300

military jacket – prada – $1.5k

lick onions sneakers – $1k

from what i've seen of waywt, you can spend $2k+ and look like a hobo mountaineer on here (VISVM)

quote:

uvcs are best bang for buck. i am wearing a pair.

visvim virgils or hell, any of their boots.

If I'm paying $500+ for boots, I'm buying established brands: Church's, Alden or Tricker's come to mind. Not visvim sneaker/thangs that aren't even easily resoled.

quote:

ha ha hahahahahahahhaa

$415.

It's BAPE for sufu idiots

shoulda just come to this thread instead. :)

Uniqlo just happens to cut their pants to suit me so no hate.

Hate Rick Owens, never seen it look good on anyone but the man himself.

Wouldn't go that far, there are some good Rick fits out there, but I'll give you credit that there are a whole lot of bad Rick fits out there as well.

+1'ing the Visvim Navajo obsession, Goro's, anything that is really that expensive with a native motif - a lot of that shit is sold out of the back of Chevy trucks on the reservations for less than a pair of Dunks, and in the case of the jewelry, the blankets, etc, the real deal is far more desirable to own and dirt cheap. When I move to Japan I am gonna get fucking rich on this shit, I have the hookup on it already.

Collateral Concepts is not even half baked, everything CC is like a throwaway prototype idea and the construction looks to be terrible from the pictures. The shell cordovan cardholders with the leather reversed so the outside shows off the Horween logo is mind bogglingly retarded.

It might be lost because it's not, never had anything from Uniqlo get fucked up in the wash for instance.
Uniqlo just happens to cut their pants to suit me so no hate.
It's definitely better than those.

screenshot20110131.png

im still skeptical and the burden of proof lies on uniqlo

all the shits ive seen from uniqlo are made in vietnam, bengladesh, china; same countries as H&M, topman etc

you think the producers in those countries give a fuck who they're contracting for? until someone demonstrate from start to finish how uniqlo is legitimately higher "quality", to me there's no difference between uniqlo and the others except exclusivity and branding