Pure Blue Japan

midnight

I wonder if I'll have the same problem if I don't soak mine...

Mine were pretty snug when I got them (33, while I'm 34 in most and comfortably 32 in apc ns). After wearing for a week, and being annoyed at the dragging bootcut, I wore them into a hot bath and let them air dry on me afterwards. By now, 3 months later, they've pretty much reached the fit I'm happy with. I don't want them any tighter! Even now I'm a bit paranoid of having to reinforce the outseam at and above the knees.

Do you think they'll shrink too much when I soak or wash them by themselves?

Do you think they'll shrink too much when I soak or wash them by themselves?

if you've only soaked them once, then yes, they will shrink more with future soaks, washes. That said, I wouldn't worry. Keep enjoying them now. You can always stretch with waist band stretcher later.

Just got my 007's. Breakin' em in by going to Buenos Aires for 3 weeks.

Man, they are TIGHT though, I sized appropriately for post-soak, but they're actually tight enough NOW. Thinkin I'll wear em for a couple days and cold soak while wearing them.

The denimz is crazy. just crazy.

Appreciate the advice, went through with a cold soak on my body and got a good deal of shrinkage out of the way, shouldn't be too much more with a later wash or soak

if you've only soaked them once, then yes, they will shrink more with future soaks, washes. That said, I wouldn't worry. Keep enjoying them now. You can always stretch with waist band stretcher later.

Thanks. It's not really the waist I'm worried about, though. More about the thighs. If I do another wear-them-in-the-tub soak do you think that'll help prepare them for a wash on their own? or is it just postponing what's inevitable?

Also, how durable is the stitching on the outseam? When I bend my leg fully I can see the stitching. And I feel like the inseam near the crotch is being stressed, too.

P.S. Great fit, headtowall. I really like the boots, as well. What are they?

^^ well you could always wear them as you wash them. Another creative idea would be to find plastic pipe same diameter as the thigh and stick them in the thigh while washing and drying.

As for the stitching strength, I wouldn't worry about it.

These are the new longer inseam 005's BiG now stocks.

Sz 32, true to size. I had them tapered by denim doctors to 7.5" hem. They took it to 7.5" right at the knee and all the way down which isn't what I would have liked ideally. I should have specified a more gradual taper, 8" at the knee, 7.75 at shin, and 7.5 at the hem. They're cutting into back of my knees but they should stretch after several more wears...

pbj001.jpg

pbj002.jpg

I took my 005's to a tailor to get them tapered down to a better hem width (7.5 in would be fucking perfect) but he insisted that it wasn't possible to do the taper on only the inside leg because of the stitching or something.

How are all of you having yours tapered? I could have sworn that I saw people here that had theirs tapered on the inside leg only to keep the selvage.

I took my 005's to a tailor to get them tapered down to a better hem width (7.5 in would be fucking perfect) but he insisted that it wasn't possible to do the taper on only the inside leg because of the stitching or something.

How are all of you having yours tapered? I could have sworn that I saw people here that had theirs tapered on the inside leg only to keep the selvage.

Send them to denim doctor's. They taper on the inside seam without you even asking!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/denim-doctors-and-hollywood-trading-company-los-angeles

I assume that they will only touch the inside because of the selvage, and it makes no difference--had mine tailored, guy used the inside seam and they turned out great

They're cutting into back of my knees but they should stretch after several more wears...

I hope that's true--I'm at just under 80 hours with a cold soak and every time I squat down it hurts the back of my leg

Edit: I'm a little surprised that this is already happening; the crotch on mine is already blueing a good deal, doesn't look like these are going to hold through 8+ months...

the 2 color stitching on the xx005 really is a turn down for those jeans. It does help my decision to get 007 but how do you size for these? treat them like APCs and etc, size 2 down?

Size down 2 if you want skin tight, ball crushing leggings. There is a measurement chart on Blue in Green's website.

Just recieved my 007 from BiG and gave them a hot soak. I bought a tagged sz29 and my true waist is 30-31.

These things are made of sandpaper or something, slubby as hell.

Putting them on after they dried was an epic struggle. The button second from the top is a bitch to get on due to the stiching right above it. Fit is amazing though, will post fit pics asap.