Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Around the belly button? About 28 inches. I size all of my jeans so that post soak they will have a 29 inch waist. I also always stick to medium/low rise stuff. At first i generally have to wear all my jeans a bit higher on my body but then as they stretch they sit on my hips where I like em.

I think the humidity really helps the fades because I'm starting to see some whiskers already.

I've heard other people say the opposite, that humidity is bad for fading since the indigo doesn't come off as easily when they're damp. I guess I could see either theory being true. Do you have any ideas as to why the humidity would help?

midnight... yeah, I see how that'd work... and now that I think about it, that does seem to help with fading above the knees. I don't know about the honeycombs, though. But, then again, I've never had any luck with those anyway.

While we're on the subject of honeycombs, do you think they are better achieved with a tight fit around the knees? The creases there on my pair are very tightly bunched together, but they don't seem to receive any friction that would help with fading.

I think humidity helps with fading because of the water. I mean it's basically the same thing as why you tell people to wear their jeans when damp, because it creates creases faster and harder, which likewise creating creases is making fades.

As for my PBJs[xx-005 one-wash] I got them size 31 and they fit perfect, but now they are about 1-2 inches too big on the waste so I use a belt.

And the honeycombs. I think that having them tight around the knees wouldn't really help honeycombs, I think what helps is doing something that makes them crease or rub, I.E. take the stairs or bike.

As pathetic as it sounds since I'm here in Japan I take the opportunity to do both, lol. +You do a lot of walking here and I figured biking would be better for fades.

midnight... yeah, I see how that'd work... and now that I think about it, that does seem to help with fading above the knees. I don't know about the honeycombs, though. But, then again, I've never had any luck with those anyway.

While we're on the subject of honeycombs, do you think they are better achieved with a tight fit around the knees? The creases there on my pair are very tightly bunched together, but they don't seem to receive any friction that would help with fading.

I think that with a tighter fit, they're more likely to fade just because they bunch up closer together when you bend your knees. When they bunch up closer they rub against eachother? I'm not sure actually. I've seen some really nice combs on some baggier jeans, and some really nice combs on some skinny jeans, so its hard to tell.

thanks i just picked these up from another member not too long ago for a decent price, but i dont know if i like the fit and was considering some 21cd diors like i asked you in the small question thread. just wasnt sure how those would look in comparison at the time.

Just got my 005s from BiG, having them tapered from about the knee down...not wild about the way the leg just drops down straight, but the denim itself is fantastic

When I had my 005's chain stitched at BiG, I kept the excess and had my tailor do the following for me today:

PBJ-Wallet-002.jpg

Blue selvage:

PBJ-Wallet-005.jpg

PBJ-Wallet-006.jpg

PBJ-Wallet-007.jpg

No lining aside from a softer denim in the middle for a coin pocket, figure I like the staining on my bread haha

Fit pics of the 005 after a taper from the knee down (no soak, not soaking until they stretch our more):

PBJ-005-Raw-Fit-Pic-001.jpg

PBJ-005-Raw-Fit-Pic-002.jpg

**Edit: Yes, they're still raw...

I wasn't planning on soaking until several months wear, wanted to wear 'em raw and see where I am in four or five months