Pure Blue Japan

midnight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So y'all know I'm the biggest opponent to the whole relaxed tapered thing, but I've found it impossible to find a pair of black jeans so I sprung for these XX-19-BB sized up.
I'm surprisingly really happy with the raw fit, they don't feel super snug at the hem. They are in the wash now so hopefully they don't shrink up way too much! :ph34r:
8F3ZSlH.jpg
QbClxGP.jpg
E3Kcg7R.jpg
zO1dklp.jpg
p9OjOJH.jpg
IZrPAzx.jpg
kGDKQ02.jpg

16 hours ago, Broark said:

So y'all know I'm the biggest opponent to the whole relaxed tapered thing, but I've found it impossible to find a pair of black jeans so I sprung for these XX-19-BB sized up.
I'm surprisingly really happy with the raw fit, they don't feel super snug at the hem. They are in the wash now so hopefully they don't shrink up way too much! :ph34r:
8F3ZSlH.jpg
QbClxGP.jpg
E3Kcg7R.jpg
zO1dklp.jpg
p9OjOJH.jpg
IZrPAzx.jpg
kGDKQ02.jpg

Looking forward to a fit pic. 

Denim really came to life after the wash, I wonder how they dye their black denim because it doesn't have the sulphur smell you usually see with black denim.
gqaQRia.jpg
pRYbznd.jpg
Pzwog5T.jpg
L4eEUVx.jpg
dBzIOhk.jpg
dH5mgCg.jpg
P61mP3b.jpg
They're definitely skinnier than I am used to, but I think they fit pretty well for a tapered fit?
I'm going to stick with straighter legged jeans but it's nice to have a black pair that's a little slimmer.
RRXWCtn.jpg
sRJUXrW.jpg

@Broark that's a good fit. The taper doesn't look too extreme. Nice score. What's the hem width? 

Ima look into that cut as well. I've been wanting a pair of PBJ in my collection for some time. For that type of slubby denim, they do it well, better than others. 

@mpukas just checked the hem width and it's 7.75 in. on a 38. Seems crazy considering most other pairs I wear are at least 9 in. but that's the cut.
I'm pretty pleased with them, but they take some getting used to when I'm so used to wearing 40's cuts.

That's a good hem measurement - 7.75" - 8.25" is the sweet spot for taper, and that cut is at the bottom end of acceptable :P

Got some new PBJ chinos, the 1148 model not the new 12oz selvedge chino as I didn't want a 5 pocket design but a true chino cut. The fabric is lovely. Loads of texture and vertical falling. The seams developed a great deal of puckering in the first wash.

Great pair of summer pants, will get loads of wear.

20190601_131819.thumb.jpg.e1fb940d46abfeec496dfee079b6b85c.jpg

On 6/2/2019 at 10:10 AM, tchengaa said:

:D

I have the 009 (same cut) and the 1001 in the same size (so might not be super comparable as 009 are a little smaller I think) but the 009s are much smaller in the seat area. Less front rise, smaller waist, rear rise is around the same. I had my 1001s tapered so can't compare below the crotch anymore sadly. I do remembe the 1001s not being as wide though in the leg. Overall though the 1001 are bigger in the waist/rise/seat so are way more comfortable for me, but it's been a while since I've worn my 009. 

On 6/1/2019 at 8:42 PM, Geeman said:

Got some new PBJ chinos, the 1148 model not the new 12oz selvedge chino as I didn't want a 5 pocket design but a true chino cut. The fabric is lovely. Loads of texture and vertical falling. The seams developed a great deal of puckering in the first wash.

Great pair of summer pants, will get loads of wear.

How did you size for these, anything particular to pay attention to? Is the cut very carrot-y, the measurements suggest it could be but in what few fit-pics I have seen it doesn’t really look like that.

Fit pics? B)

Corlection has PBJ chinos on sale; the model is not 1148 and also not the latest 5-pocket one. It looks like I could be a 31 in those, yet 33 in 1148... Other than that the fit should be very similar, judging by the measurements.

8 hours ago, Critical Observer said:

How did you size for these, anything particular to pay attention to? Is the cut very carrot-y, the measurements suggest it could be but in what few fit-pics I have seen it doesn’t really look like that.

Fit pics? B)

Corlection has PBJ chinos on sale; the model is not 1148 and also not the latest 5-pocket one. It looks like I could be a 31 in those, yet 33 in 1148... Other than that the fit should be very similar, judging by the measurements.

I went size 33 although I'm 31/32 in almost every other brand. It is slim tapered but definitely not carrot fit. I got half inch or so shrink in the inseam when washed. 

Fit pics in WAYWT thread.