midnight

Pure Blue Japan

32 minutes ago, Foxy2 said:

Plus, Take5 used to order upon request items they did not stock with the seasonal inventory...

Does the HK shop not do that anymore? The Taipei one still does.

probably - it's just that I haven't askedd for it in a while...

15 hours ago, Geeman said:

The other week I ordered a tshirt from the USA,  paid 36 dollars  (29gbp)plus shipping ,   when it  got here Royal Mail stung me for 8 quid for VAT (fair cop) then another 8 quid handling... for me going to the post office to collect it myself! 

I had a similar situation recently. Bought my son a coat from Carhartt USA and the shipping, tax and 'handling' added up to more than the actual coat.

Yea I mean that's exactly why so many people undervalue goods and try to get round customs. It's illegal and HMRC would call it fraud, but people don't view it in the same way as other types of fraud, because people see it as the taxman taking the piss and in a way stealing from them.

XX-003s here. This is my first pair of top-level Japanese denim, having two pairs of awesome APC jeans before. After having these I'll never go back! These pictures were taken at 40 wears and are really progressing nicely. I'm intrigued by how the leg twist on the left leg is more pronounced than on the right leg and how the back pockets are already starting to show a bit of wear. Looking forward to how these turn out in a year or two!

IMG_0778_zpspmzxooxv.jpgIMG_0782_zpsmhfwys1a.jpgIMG_0828_zpsh0bavfpa.jpg

Now that the PBJgate seems to be over, here's a quick pic of my xx-003 at 4.5 months. I've been washing these every 3 weeks on average.

5E9E40E0-8408-4A1E-A604-5B94368AA5E5.jpg

Hi everyone. Advise needed. I have an unworn PBJ XX-005 which is fit no more as I bought it a year ago and put on some serious weight ever since. Can anyone please advise how to sell those in UK with a huge discount to original price.

Thanks in advance.

Glad to see a few people wearing the original indigoxwhite 14oz jeans. It's the most underrated pair of jeans along with the 13oz LHT probably due to the fact that PBJ been releasing many new fabrics this year.

I really like my new PBJ jeans. 

2017-04-01: 002 days (1 soak)

170401_PBJXX007_34_d002_087.jpg

2017-04-04: 005 days (1 soak)

170404_PBJXX007_34_d005_005.jpg

170404_PBJXX007_34_d005_004.jpg

170404_PBJXX007_34_d005_006.jpg

170404_PBJXX007_34_d005_007.jpg

arcs look fine to me. Back pocket fades look real nice :)

IMG_4590.thumb.JPG.2f33513065cb8ee270d04d1edad10188.JPGFor some mysterious reason, the 14oz fabric near the selvedge seams are more irregular, bumpy and spotty. Then the bumpiness and spottiness disappear at the middle and inseam area leaving behind the mini vertical slubby grains. Same characteristic goes for the other side and behind. The fabric is not as slubby as its 18oz siblings but it's a lot more bearable to wear daily in SEA country 

Edited by keybladehero

Got the new XX-019 nep selvage and the denim is super cool!

Just want to give everyone a heads up that they are almost 2 inches smaller in the waist than tagged, which was perfect for me, but may not be for others.

For Sale: BNWT PBJ XX-013 14oz Raw Unsanforized Size 33. Sized wrong. Bought from Blue Owl. Never worn, soaked, or altered. Retail 295. Selling for 255 shipped. 

Link to classifieds:

Edited by misterjaayy

hello do PBJ Raw jeans need to be hot machine washed like the flat head to see maximum shrinkage before wearing??or just soak?

I have no experience with pbj but I always wash my jeans in the machine to get maximum shrinkage out of them. Sometimes it takes more than one wash. I usually wash them at 40°C inside out. 

Just wash. Will do no harm.

ya Junior from Rivet & Hide advised me for my pbj pair that machine wash will get the most shrinkage. 40c inside out machine wash.

Wow, I must have an unusually "hot" water supply. Using a thermometer, I tested the temp of the "hot" setting on my washer and it was 160* F or 71*C

Can this extreme temperature damage the jeans

No

Nothing terrible, safely

Edited by kukupoint

Might not do the patch any good though. Washing on a medium (40c) is usally enough

45 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Might not do the patch any good though. Washing on a medium (40c) is usally enough

Patch PBJ...it is reasonable, however I have tried 3 pairs of PBJ for 90 degrees-no breaking changes

For PBJ it works:)

Edited by kukupoint

I washed my xx-003 accidentally in 90C water, no harm done to denim but the patch was obviously ruined

Strange, perhaps it depends on the period of issue, here are my 003 after 90 degrees

2017-05-30-1588.jpg

Strange, here's mine :D! As I said this is 90C, what about you, 90F?

13652019_1643755035944467_1764499231_n.j

Edited by mrman

16 minutes ago, mrman said:

Strange, here's mine :D

Yes, bad..someone is doing so-cut the patch, washes, sews a patch ago (not sure if the consequences of a temperature mode)

Here 009, the same mode

2017-05-30-1589.jpg

1 hour ago, mrman said:

As I said this is 90C, what about you, 90F?

90C

Fahrenheit is not practiced in my country

Temperature readings recorded scoreboard washing machine

Edited by kukupoint

what about the tumble, spin and washing time settings? I suspect they contribute to leather shrinkage as well