yMhTHjV.jpg

mkKsokw.jpg

KWI2bpq.jpg

ollRl5N.jpg

pJbIdvS.jpg

WYek0WA.jpg

wdzs4W8.jpg

Hey Guys,

i really want to buy a PBJ Jeans (like this one http://rivetandhide.com/shop/brands/pure-blue-japan/pure-blue-japan-ks-013-16-oz-slim-tapered-jeans.html?___store=eu_en), but im wondering which size i should pick up, because most of those jeans are unsanforized and need to be soaked. somewhere i read, that ive to pick up one size bigger than im normally wearin. normally im wearin a size 34. so do i need to pick up a 36? Would be awesome if somebody could help me!

Hey Guys,

i really want to buy a PBJ Jeans (like this one http://rivetandhide.com/shop/brands/pure-blue-japan/pure-blue-japan-ks-013-16-oz-slim-tapered-jeans.html?___store=eu_en), but im wondering which size i should pick up, because most of those jeans are unsanforized and need to be soaked. somewhere i read, that ive to pick up one size bigger than im normally wearin. normally im wearin a size 34. so do i need to pick up a 36? Would be awesome if somebody could help me!

The best idea is to measure a couple of pairs of jeans that fit you well on the waist (this is how we do it http://rivetandhide.com/measurement-guide#jeans-section ) and share what those measurements are. From there it should be easy to advise you on sizing. Most PBJ denim shrinks just 1" and stretches back out again so if a raw  size chart states 34" that's more or less where they will end up post soak and stretch.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

wanted to post this question in the Okayama Denim forum but it's locked!!

Are OD safe to order from? there is a lot of negative comments about their service in that thread.

wanted to post this question in the Okayama Denim forum but it's locked!!

Are OD safe to order from? there is a lot of negative comments about their service in that thread.

I have ordered once from them last year, and had no problems at all.

If I had seen that thread, I wouldn't have ordered from them though.

Edited by Niro

I've honestly never had a problem. I have even had returns sent back to OD and all processes have been very smooth. Ive also found their measurements more consistent than many shops.

Edited by SuperJackle

anyone wish to comment of the TYPE II jackets? looking at the natural indigo. some comments here are saying it fits tight around the arms?

Ordered a pair of the XX-003 Vintage from Okayama. Merv was helpful, service was good, shipping fast, great price!

anyone wish to comment of the TYPE II jackets? looking at the natural indigo. some comments here are saying it fits tight around the arms?

mine fit tight around the forearms and in the shoulders (I wear a size 4). don't get me wrong, their type 2's are nice looking jackets but they could use a slight modification in fit. Because of how boxy the jacket is in the shoulders I don't wear it much, but I love the look. the upside to their type 2 is they're cut a little longer than standard type 2's so sit below the belt.

Just got the type 2 natural indigo. Tried to make the size 3 work couldn't so went with the size 4 fits perfect.

my only complaint is they changed something about it like they revised it someway.

the color of it seems a shade darker than the size 3 I had sent back to Denimio than the one I received from Okayama denim.

Also they changed the numbers from 6077 to 6067.

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/archives/6546

Even though mine still says 6077 on the tag.

Edited by M3RK

mine fit tight around the forearms and in the shoulders (I wear a size 4). don't get me wrong, their type 2's are nice looking jackets but they could use a slight modification in fit. Because of how boxy the jacket is in the shoulders I don't wear it much, but I love the look. the upside to their type 2 is they're cut a little longer than standard type 2's so sit below the belt.

thanks for feedback. size 4 is the size I would probably order based on measurements. I have fairly thick forearms - some shirts I can't wear because they fit to tight around the forearms, so will bear this in mind.

Shameless plug, but does anyone have any extra PBJ denim hanging around? (From hemming, altering, etc). Would definitely be interested in purchasing if so. Please let me know! Trying to patch up my pair of well worn jeans. Thanks in advanced.

Hello peeps,

I need some advice. I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 13's 18oz. Now, I have them in the regular 14oz and they shrunk a lot after many cold water washes, the waist got back to original measurements but the rest never. Does anyone have any experience with the 18oz version for shrinking. Post soak and wash if possible. This will help me decide the size.

Many thanks.

Cheers from Canada!

JP

Edited by Suitbydayrawdenimbynight

Wearing for the first time today the XX-009 that BiG sent me a few days ago. I soaked it yesterday. I love the dark, dark blue color, and the fact that the legs are wide enough to accommodate big thighs. I find the rise a bit low for my taste, especially in the back, and the top block is generally tighter than my other straight leg jeans.

Just bought a new PBJ Indigo Herringbone Sweatshirt from Okayama Denim.  I'm 6'3" 210 lbs so I was glad to see they now offer their sweatshirts in a size 6.  For reference I normally wear Iron Heart flannels in either a XXL or XXXL depending on the cut.  This sweatshirt is not very thick but has some very nice details.  I've ordered product from Okayama Denim several times without any issues.  Even returned a shirt and the return went fairly smooth for an international return.  I've ordered PBJ, Japan Blue, Momotaro and SDA stuff from them.

Chest measures about 25 inches

Center back measures about 29.5 inches

PBJ%20Sweatshirt%201_zps8lj0nizb.jpg

PBJ%20Sweatshirt%202_zps7s96oe4d.jpg

PBJ%20Sweatshirt%203_zpscwlnuwjz.jpg

PBJ%20Sweatshirt%204_zpsry49n1g3.jpg

Hello peeps,

I need some advice. I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 13's 18oz. Now, I have them in the regular 14oz and they shrunk a lot after many cold water washes, the waist got back to original measurements but the rest never. Does anyone have any experience with the 18oz version for shrinking. Post soak and wash if possible. This will help me decide the size.

Many thanks.

Cheers from Canada!

JP

I bought the 18oz 13s from BiG today and was told that they'd been sanforized, so no need to worry about shrinking. Figured they new what they were talking about, since they hemmed them. I tried on some one wash 14oz for reference and the fit was pretty similar, though the 18oz felt a bit smaller. Could have been the weight, though.

Nice xx-005, appreciate it. It's getting hard to find 14oz indigoxwhite new fade photos nowadays as many prefer indigo and other coloured wefts. I wonder if the 14oz indigoxwhite is still pbj flagship fabric.

Wow, those are incredible--the weft particularly. Nice to see you posting again Bjorn!

Thanks for the welcome back Ian, had to spend the last couple of weeks without proper internet access, so it feels good to be back!

How much can I hope the thighs to stretch on the xx-009 (14oz indigo/indigo)? They're now 12 inches after wash, and that's uncomfortably tight for me.

Mine have about a half-inch in them, I'd say, but I only wear them tight during climbing season (as my legs get much bigger). I dunno, in my experience this denim stretches as much as you'd need it to within reason. I reckon after a couple days wearing urs you'd be able to know if it'll work for you.

I finally cold soaked my PBJ XX-003-VTG (REGULAR STRAIGHT). I sized up to a 36 in these as that appeared to be the consensus and advise to go.

Here are pre and post soak measurements:

Waist: 18 1/4"  –  17.5"
FR: 12.5"  -  12"
RR: 15 5/8" - 15 1/4"
Inside Leg: 37" - 36"
Opening: 9.5" - 9"

Was surprised there wasn't more shrinkage in the leg, just an inch, but were cold soaked. I'm going to wear them for a bit as they are and then machine wash 30 or give them a hot soak as I'd like to get some more shrinkage out of them, especially around the leg width and thigh. Not a lot of taper on these!

cool_hand,

how did those start with a 12.5" fr? Denimio and BiG have the 36 one wash going down to 10.75" fr and Rivet and Hide and Okayama have the raw 36 starting with 11.5" fr.

I'm thinking about getting a 36 as well, but the difference between 12.5" and 11.5" fr raw is very substantial.

Has anyone been able to get their hands on the new XX-019 fabric? I was about to pull the trigger, but being a new fabric, I wanted to see other peoples input before going for it. It's PBJ, so i know there will probably be a lot of slubby (and neppy with this new fabric) goodness, but the pics on OD didn't show a lot of texture when compared to their pictures of the XX-013.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• hello !

supertalk is free to browse as a guest. You need to be a member to participate in discussions or buy and sell on the classifieds.

From 2021 new membership is $US 6 / year.

You can also become a premium superseller or supermember. Businesses who want to promote their brand and products need to become a supersponsor. superfuture is privately owned and has been online continuously for 22 years. It is a digital cockroach and will survive all current and future apocalypses.  

• Similar Content

• By STropio
      View Advert PURE BLUE JAPAN XX-003 SZ. 28
      Unworn and soaked.

Measurements in inches:

Waist 30 
      Thigh 10.75 
      Leg opening 8 
      Inseam 31.5

Advertiser STropio Date 05/05/2017 Price $225.00 Category denim  
    • By STropio
      Unworn and soaked.

Measurements in inches:

Waist 30 
      Thigh 10.75 
      Leg opening 8 
      Inseam 31.5

• By illeszt
      $275 SHIPPED CONUS // $250 pickup in SF (may also consider trades if you're in SF)

Here's a link to the jeans on an online store: https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/pure-blue-japan-nc-011bk-slim-tapered

Most beautiful pair of black denim I've ever held in my hands and they're nearly sold out everywhere. I bought these last week and tried them on once only but I'm so sad they don't fit my fat thighs. If anyone knows where I can get a size 32 please tell me.

Measurements from website:
      Waist: 30.7" Front Rise: 9.6" Back Rise: 14" Upper Thigh: 10.6" Knee: 7.7" Inseam: 38" Leg Opening: 7.5"
    • By HangWithHuang
      Cleaning out my closet for stuff I don't get to wear as often!  Willing to accept offers.
      1. Himel Bros. Brimaco Raider Cafe Racer - $1750 plus shipping
      This jacket is absolutely insane. Tagged size 36, fits like S. Made with 100% genuine Shinki tea-core horsehide that will gradually fade from deep black to a gorgeous brown as it ages. Weighs in at around 5 pounds and is built to take an absolute beating. Deadstock Lightning zippers, bi-swing back, and of course the absolutely unparalleled quality that David Himel is known for. If you know leather jackets, then you'll know that this is the creme de la creme. Retails for $2450.
      Worn lightly and still has plenty of breaking in left to do. It's a shame that I have to sell this as it's just slightly too small for me. Would totally be interested in trading for another leather jacket of similar quality in a larger size.
      Description from Himel's website: 
      "The Raider jacket is an homage to one of the greatest café racer jackets ever made. Brimaco or British Mfg. Co of Montreal, Canada designed this iconic jacket in the 1950's after attending motorcycle races on the Isle of Man. The jacket has a distinctive British feel with a longer straighter torso and a simple clean back with bi-swing expansion gussets and a long chinstrap. We own so many originals of this great design that it barely required any tweaking, and this model uses our limited supply of original 1950's and 1960's Lightning zippers."
      MEASUREMENTS: 
      P2P: 20" 
      Shoulders: 17" 
      Sleeve: 24.5" 
      Back length: 26.5" 
      Front length: 24"
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/XYjPXEAmQKmsg1EMJ119[/img]
      2. The Real McCoy's M-422A Flight Jacket - $1150 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/mcslLUs7SuOKnR9V2Rdf[/img]
      Absolutely stunning M-422A flight jacket from The Real McCoy's New Zealand. If you know The Real McCoy's, then you'll know that everything they make is of the highest standards, from the material to the construction. This jacket is made with the finest goatskin and mouton fur and is built just impeccably. Faithful to the original details, but superiorly made.
      Measurements: 
      P2P: 21" 
      Shoulder: 17" 
      Sleeve: 24.75" 
      Length: 25.75"
      3. Needles/Nepenthes (Engineered Garments) Horween Shell Engineer Boots, resoled by Brian the Bootmaker - $1500 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/ePB7rWcfRrKeG75LT7SO[/img]
      Needles (Engineered Garments) Engineer Boots made with genuine Color No. 8 Horween Shell Cordovan in tag size 9UK. I'd say they fit pretty TTS, although there is plenty of room for one to wear thicker socks.
      These were picked up from the Nepenthes shop located in New York City. Needles is the sister company of Engineered Garments (both owned by Nepenthes). This pair has also been re-soled by Brian the Bootmaker (Role Club) and converted to his signature hand-welt. They're really fresh too - worn under 10 times. Truly an amazing pair of boots. Shell cordovan engineer boots are pretty hard to come by, especially ones made with Horween (most other shell engineer boots are made with Shinki cordovan).
      4. The Flat Head 6002W Type II Jacket - $350 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:90/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/RINrxGgSFazJbCpUp1cI[/img]
      Classic Type II jacket by The Flat Head in their Pioneer denim. Gently worn, practically new. Retails for over $500 at Self Edge.
      Size: 40 (no such thing as S/M/L) 
      Front Length: 24.5 
      Arm Length: 34 
      Shoulder: 18.5 
      Pit to pit: 20.5
      5. Evisu No. 2 Type I Jacket - $130 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/LrCQ4QAiTzavNJhhb1X6[/img]
      Pretty sweet Type I jacket by Evisu. Sick details all over, well worn and faded.
      Tagged size 40 fits S-M. See measurements below: 
      pit to pit 21.5 inches 
      opening 19 inches 
      sleeve 24.75 inches 
      overall length 23 inches 
      shoulders 18.5 inches
      6. Iron Heart Indigo-dyed Waffle Work Shirt (IHSH-96) - $225 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/uJmnA9JZQaNjDaYd8eZW[/img]
      Worn a handful of times, not really my style. No damage and in excellent condition. Fits excellent as either TTS or slightly tight as it's a slim fit with a hint of stretch due to the waffles knit pattern, though it's 100% cotton. Shirt is sold out in this size last I checked.
      Beautiful indigo dyed waffle fabric that we think will age amazingly 
      Black cat's-eye buttons 
      Chain stitch run-off 
      Triple needle-stitch construction using self coloured needle and red bobbin threads 
      All felled seam construction 
      Rinsed, so there should be no appreciable shrinkage 
      Model Sam wears a Medium, Giles wears X-Large in this shirt (rather than his normal Large)
      Measurements direct from IH: 
      Shoulders    17.2 
      Length 27.8 
      PtP    21.5 
      Sleeve    24.8 
      Collar    17.1
      7. Pure Blue Japan 5 Oz. Neppy Selvedge Western Shirt - $180 plus shipping
      https://dfqickngpn7t8.cloudfront.net/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/rotate=deg:0/resize=width:1100,fit:crop/output=format:jpg,quality:95/compress/gs7l3nnXTxq6byH82P0s[/img]
      Shirt is basically brand new, worn no more than 2-3 times. Retails for $230 at Rivet and Hide. Tagged size 3 (fits like S). Check Rivet and Hide for exact measurements.
      -100% cotton 5 oz selvedge denim 
      -Rope-dyed indigo 
      -Western style / back yoke 
      -Snap buttons 
      -One wash (minimal shrinkage) 
      -Felled seams 
      -Chain stitch run-off 
      -Embroidered "shoai" indigo plant leaf emblem 
      -Crafted in Japan
    • By Danny @ Rivet & Hide
      Hey all,

Welcome to Rivet & Hide. We are a London based premium raw denim store starting life online with plans afoot for a bricks and mortar home in the future.

We offer free shipping worldwide and our UPS account will ensure a fast and reliable delivery around the world.

I have been a SuFu member for years sharing thoughts, ideas and countless questions about denim and clothes that are made with heart and soul. This inspired me to set up and finally bring Rivet & Hide to life.

Some of the brands will be familiar to you but part of the concept is to bring new and less well known denim producers into the sphere and we have worked hard to get that balance right.

It has been a lot of fun meeting many of the people behind the brands and seeing their skills at work. We have clocked up many miles visiting them around the world making new friends along the way. A shorter trip through the Welsh valleys to beautiful Cardigan Bay to meet the Hiut Denim guys was just as rewarding. A special thanks for all the help and support from Giles & Paula at Ironheart UK and Anders Helseth of Steel Feather.

We struck gold with a Union Special 43200g which was sourced from California. It’s in mint condition and dates back to 1950. Any hemming requirements can be consummately fulfilled.

We have measured all our stock individually. We have not relied on suppliers or anyone else’s measurements. Our HOW WE MEASURE guide is based on BiG (thank you) with the addition of a hip measurement.

We offer a 28 day returns policy with full refunds. Shipping included.

The launch brands are:

Railcar Fine Goods
      Steel Feather
      Flat Head
      Real Japan Blues
      Hiut denim co
      Nudie jeans
      Obbi Good Label.

As we go into the Autumn we will be adding to our launch stock including some more great shirts from The Flat Head’s Winter collection, and introducing you to a new Japanese brand.

We are planning a launch party hosted by our friends at Kaffeine, Great Titchfield Street, in Central London in the Autumn and will give you the heads up closer to the time. You will be more than welcome to join us.

Feel free to ask any questions here or contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]

http://rivetandhide.com/

• Top 10 Active Viewed Topics

• Heron Preston Navy Style Long Sleeve T-Shirt
    $US 305

202967M205018_1.jpgshow?id=gf39VV*YhHg&bids=818443.17522875