Pure Blue Japan

midnight

@atchong enak mz... lol, definitely keep it, totally suits your figure, looks fine on you

imo it needs hem, stack or cuff is personal preference, but I do prefer a few tidy-looking stacks, which never appeared on my jeans unfortunately...

@atchong: imo, u need to chose between stacking vs folding. Having both looks messy & leaves unsightly random creases, post multiple washes.

Personally, I go for a hem w/a slight break, ... & that, maybe, u can alternate w/ cuffing__ not only is it cleaner-looking, it also prevents premature fraying @creasefold ... ie, if u care for small deets like that ;)

Edited by BrownMetallic

Thank you guys for the input!. One more thing, is it better to stack it, small cuff but hem first until there's no stack left, or small cuff and stack? 

i think a hem that allows a .5" cuff with little to no break on a low-top Converse would look good with those jeans.  

I got a feeling they will be releasing the deep indigo 15.5 oz I believe in near future..

that I'm assuming will be the name ks-012 same fabric as ks-013(aka variegated;) possibly only an oz. less or very similar fabric will have a much tougher feel to it & vertical fades but isn't part of the normal xx series.

Type: XX-005

Worn for: almost 6 years, probably 16-18 months of actual wear

Washes: 10-11, first one around 6 months

Spring update.

Performed a few other repairs in the crotch area. The creases begin ripping, the thighs area shows some fabrics weaknesses, the pocket threads have been unraveling for a while. But I really like the texture of this denim.

26711339996_86aee629ed_c.jpg

Few closeups

26670857301_286853f18c_c.jpg

26464466670_f30c9b6383_c.jpg

26670847881_7b49cb61c6_c.jpg

Texture and combs

26737658055_5c8c7def2f_b.jpg

26133261053_c0051d76f4_c.jpg

26643796432_3eba3334f8_c.jpg26670796861_8d6b2f5879_c.jpg

The next one:

26465510780_d7580d8126_n.jpg

Cheers

Edited by vgadjo

I've had the x15, which didn't seem to stretch at all at the thigh or knee.  I have the PBJXPronto 18oz collab and it seems to have stretch at the thigh and knee by half an inch.  

The waist on my xx-009 stretches about 1.5 inches out of the wash. Knee bags get big quickly as well. I'd say it's a stretchy denim relative to the other jeans I have.

Does Pure Blue Japan made Purple Face in their regular fit?  I love Purple Face, but would prefer to not have a slim jean. Relaxed straight tends to work best for me. 

Not to date. The only variance from the 14 oz signature indigo denim in a the x003 regular fit is the x009 which is double indigo.

Does Pure Blue Japan made Purple Face in their regular fit?  I love Purple Face, but would prefer to not have a slim jean. Relaxed straight tends to work best for me. 

Maybe check out the measurements on the XX-010 Purple Face.  I personally do not think these are very slim.  It may depend on your size.  For example the hem measurement on the size 36 is 8.9 to 9 inches.  I wouldn't consider that slim.  I have the raw slim taper XX-014 in a size 36 and the denim is awesome.

Update from PBJ Double Indigo workshirt purchased from Foxy.  I'm finally getting some evo's, but it's always been a 1/2 too small.  This guy has been on some adventures and taking some beatings.

Repair, retire, or rock out? 

Cux4Dxn.jpg

QgmdW4Y.jpg

iI243AI.jpg

MJxUrdy.jpg

Ypi28if.jpg

Maybe check out the measurements on the XX-010 Purple Face.  I personally do not think these are very slim.  It may depend on your size.  For example the hem measurement on the size 36 is 8.9 to 9 inches.  I wouldn't consider that slim.  I have the raw slim taper XX-014 in a size 36 and the denim is awesome.

I think the XX-010 might end up working out.  I might give it a shot. Thanks.

damn u did a number on that mine still look pristine & have worn it a lot.

wonder if it is the same material as they used in the fake pullover style as the western. mine seems thinner & brighter shade of blue than this.

picked up another pair of pbj in japan in jan. 18oz 005 cut. felt that they slimmed their cuts a little compared to the old 005. love the slubbiness of pbj's denim. really reminded me of my old 007-24oz. although that wasn't too slubby. well these go into storage for now..

IMG_7442_zpsajuumefs.jpg

IMG_7443_zpsccpfkuxi.jpgIMG_7440_zpsqeqkufdn.jpg