Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Does anyone have experience with AI-001? I did a quick search here but didn't find much. I certainly could have missed it... 

I'm interested because the denim and details look amazing, but the measurements are what really appeal to me - straight fit, slight taper, medium rise. My one concern is the warp cotton is dyed to the core, so it doesn't produce high contrast fades; rather it fades slowly and evenly. 

I was considering the AI and did a bunch of research.  The natural indigo is very stubborn to fade.  If you're looking for fast high contrast fades, don't get them.  The texture, quality, and build looked amazing though.  

Edited by Chubacca

I was considering the AI and did a bunch of research.  The natural indigo is very stubborn to fade.  If you're looking for fast high contrast fades, don't get them.  The texture, quality, and build looked amazing though.  

I don't mind denim that's tough to fade and I'm no fade queen, but I do like high contrast fades. On PBJ's blog post on the AI-001, there are pics of a pair that's been worn for three years, and they appear to have faded very evenly overall to a lighter shade of indigo. 

From what I've seen so far, you will never achieve high-contrast fades on hank-dyed denim.

Hell, even pronounced fades are hard to get

Not PBJ though but here ypu can see 2 years of wear on a pair of hank-dyed AI denim:

https://indigoshrimp.wordpress.com/2010/05/23/sugar-cane-sc40300-ryukyu-natural-indigo-model/

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

its impossible, as the yarn is completely dyed down to the core. which is the traditional japanese way to treat cotton yarns. so this whole hank dying thing is about embracing japanese traditional craftsmanship in a pair of us american inspired jeans. has nothing to do with "traditional" denim.

Edited by Blue Nemo

I don't mind denim that's tough to fade and I'm no fade queen, but I do like high contrast fades. On PBJ's blog post on the AI-001, there are pics of a pair that's been worn for three years, and they appear to have faded very evenly overall to a lighter shade of indigo. 

I own a pair of AI-002 that has since been retired due to change in my body shape (gained weight from the gym). You can take a look at my old posts to see that there will not be any significant fades to the jeans themselves. 

• 3 weeks later...

My memory's kind of hazy so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I remember it being a looser fit with little taper, so it probably is the 005 cut. And I'm pretty sure the denim is PBJ's standard denim as well. I haven't been in Taiwan for a while, but that pair of jeans has been on their shelves for at least two years now.

Is that the PBJ shirt that was on sale @ BiG? I was eyeing it but I didn't think I'd get enough use out of it.

not the same shirt that was on sale but same style on @BiG is intertwined with stainless steel in threads

this one doesn't & has nep poking thru fabric same as nizzle55 posted here.

http://blueingreensoho.com/collections/pure-blue-japan-1/products/5oz-knub-selvage-button-shirt?variant=11462346049

own the western version myself love it is a very light shirt usually wear it with my 07/012's

will post a pic of the western if someone wishes to see it also.

Edited by M3RK

Pbj - xx 012

slim tapered

size 30

pre soak

P_20160319_114246_zpsihxokmt6.jpg

P_20160319_114258_zpsr7hjeqzd.jpg
P_20160319_114318_zps7vzhanta.jpg

post soak

P_20160423_120334_zpsnzbh8iju.jpg

P_20160423_120429_zpsrvbhkvhv.jpg
P_20160423_120512_zpslaafqfxq.jpg

any comment? gonna hem it to make a small single cuff.

still confused either wear it or sell it.... I never wear slim tapered fit before...

:beer

Edited by atchong

I agree, I think they fit well, If you're really worried about them being too slim, keep in mind that they will likely stretch out a little. But I wouldn't be too worried, they look good. x0012's are skinny as fuck though! I can really wear mine much since I've put on about 10 pounds

Pbj - xx 012

slim tapered

size 30

pre soak

P_20160319_114246_zpsihxokmt6.jpg

P_20160319_114258_zpsr7hjeqzd.jpg

P_20160319_114318_zps7vzhanta.jpg

post soak

P_20160423_120334_zpsnzbh8iju.jpg

P_20160423_120429_zpsrvbhkvhv.jpg

P_20160423_120512_zpslaafqfxq.jpg

any comment? gonna hem it to make a small single cuff.

still confused either wear it or sell it.... I never wear slim tapered fit before...

:beer

Keep them. They'll stretch a bit.