Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Okayama can be a bit slow to respond to emails but you should have no issues with shipping etc. Their prices are higher than denimio.

I have the long sleeve tshirt and Henley from PBJ, great texture and wash well

Get the xx-005 18oz this week from Okayama Denim (very fast delivery). I don't want to wait until a xx-003 18oz version so I decided to buy the xx-005 18oz and sized up one (to size 36) to have enough room in thigh and knee (I normaly wear regular cut). The fit is very comftable. They stretched out a lot after first day of wear. The denim is really awesome!! Very very slubby :-)

5vIa2a4l.jpg

ALQfKAil.jpg

after initial soak (wash):

EWWfwstl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the measurements of my pair of PBJ XX-012 (measurements taken after ~10 months, 5 washes or so) in a size 31:

W: 78cm / 30.7"

FR: 24.5cm / 9.6"

T: 26.5cm / 10.6"

K: 19cm / 7.5"

H: 17.5 / 6.9"

The front rise in this cut is low and the thighs are slim, so I would argue that you shouldn't buy a size 30 if your true waist is 31". My true waist is between a 29 and a 30, my legs are skinny, and my size 31 fit me perfectly (waist a little bit loose). I don't think I could wear a size 30 without tearing them to shreds in a week.

EDIT: Yes, the denim on the XX-012 stretches fairly easily, but still, I wouldn't size down.

Edited by Frost

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where I can snag a pair of size 30 Pure Blue Japan NC-011BK (preferably one wash) for close to the ¥23000 retail price ($200USD)? They're sold out on denimio. I emailed them and they said they have no scheduled date for a restock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone know where I can snag a pair of size 30 Pure Blue Japan NC-011BK (preferably one wash) for close to the ¥23000 retail price ($200USD)? They're sold out on denimio. I emailed them and they said they have no scheduled date for a restock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p5815_Pure-Blue-Japan-NC-011-No-Change-Tapered-Slim-Raw-Black-14oz.html

Thanks for the find! I think those come out to $254 total. So, I don't mind that they're raw. Does anyone have any experience ordering from Cultizm? I don't want to incur any unforeseen duty fees or taxes.

Also, you can switch their website to US (I'm going to assume you are based there, since you want the price in USD), and the price is actually $281.64 PLUS delivery charges. You'll have to pay taxes/duties as well if you're not ordering from the EU unless you get lucky, I would think (since you always have to pay them and it has nothing to do with the shop itself).

I'm currently living in Okinawa, but I'll be back in California in a few weeks. How much do the duty fees usually come to? My girlfriend lives in London. I may just take the VAT tax with the free shipping to her and lick my wounds later...

Edit: I'm just going to order a 31 from okayama and hot soak them. NC should be able to handle a borderline scolding soak.

Edited by Oktobr

I decided to promote my PBJ's to work jeans, just a minute ago. Have these hanging in my closet for way to long. Like the overdye look a lot, but it just it hard to combine with my wardrobe. Guess when it had faded a bit, these babies are easier to combine.

Does anyone have experience with AI-001? I did a quick search here but didn't find much. I certainly could have missed it... 

I'm interested because the denim and details look amazing, but the measurements are what really appeal to me - straight fit, slight taper, medium rise. My one concern is the warp cotton is dyed to the core, so it doesn't produce high contrast fades; rather it fades slowly and evenly.