Pure Blue Japan

midnight

fit pics please sir! I haven't seen any 009s (unaltered that is) pics yet :)

009 is amazing.

My first impression when mine arrived was: awsome dungaree.

I gave it a 2 hr. long hot bath on the day of arrival and then another one the next day to get rid of starch content and all the shrinkage out of its way.

Though, there werent as much shrinkage as I expected, now, the denim is soft enough to be worn without any struggle and walk in without making myself look like a fool with a pipe up my ass.

I can't wait to witness its evolution. This is my first japanese denim and I am glad to know that I chose this brand as my starter.

I've been closely following the stock counts on the BIG website and apparently people are buying them. But no one's come forward with a report! I had one on a few days ago and I was really tempted but I didn't pull the trigger because I think I'm going to take a temporary reprieve from all this recent "double dye"/"overdye"/"warp-weft dye" business. Since getting my first pair of heavy IHs I've been on the look out for some 24oz denim and when these came along I thought they might fit the bill but strangely the one-wash pair they had did not feel all that "heavy". My 18oz IH 666s feel heavier than the O/W 24oz 013s did. Raw, they felt like steel but the O/W felt unbelievably light and soft. I think I'm going to wait for BIG to get more of their Sammies 24oz later this year to scratch my heavy denim itch.

My 009.

A week of wear stretched these a bit around the thigh.

One thing that you should know is that, regardless of how short I am (5" 9), my thighs are ridiculously large (25.5 around) . I always have trouble finding the right fit.

1562F2384DD6FCB31DBD36

135C1D384DD6FCE4201975

They're just too baggy below the knee for my taste. The top block is perfect, but below the knee it's too wide.

Yeah I had the same feelings about my 005 which is why i sold them. They're almost bootcut jeans.

Hello guys, I've been thinking of picking up a pair of 007. Just wondering what are the differences between the one-wash and raw version (besides being unsaforized)? Do they fade differently?
The one wash has already been washed for you so you don't have to shrink it yourself when you soak/wash it. As opposed to the raw which is pure and you would need to shrink it yourself.

The one wash has already been washed for you so you don't have to shrink it yourself when you soak/wash it. As opposed to the raw which is pure and you would need to shrink it yourself.

thank you mister B. how about the fading properties? are they any different? or shrinkage is the only difference between the two pair?