Pure Blue Japan

midnight

http://blog.dc4.de/

and they're not slubby. they'll be available in about 3 weeks at DC4 Berlin, i'm not certain about the price yet.

btw, check out the interview with PBJ's iwaya-san :)

Thanks for the info lenn.

It's a shame that they're not slubby.

I was really looking forward to getting the XX-012s, but I think I'm going to pass now and get the IH-666Sod instead.

Hajduk,

Thanks for the clarification.

I thought the 24oz XX-007s that lenn had posted were the XX-012s.

I'll have to wait till March to decide whether or not I want to give the XX-012s a try.

In the meantime, those slubby IH-666Sod's will have to do!

while this isn't the IH thread...

the 666 is made from a completely new 19oz denim, which is slubby compared to the traditional 21oz. IH denim.

Hello! This is my first post here and I have a fitting question. While in New York over the holidays, I stopped in at BIG and tried on a bunch of denim. I decided to go with the PBJ 007's in size 34. After asking all sorts of fitting questions I came away with the fact that a 34 off the shelf fits me pretty good. It's a bit tight in the rise, though. However, if I wash them in hot water they will shrink and will be WAY too tight for me to wear them. I could have gotten a 36 and shrunk it down. But they recommended I not do that. Or, I could have went with a 36 one wash, which seemed to fit the same as the 34 Raw off the shelf. But they said the one wash would stretch a few inches.

So, I went with the 34 Raw and will just stretch them and wash them in cold water so they don't shrink.

I've been wearing them for about two weeks now and they are really nice. However, the rise is still too tight for comfort. I have to go commando in them. :)

I see that the 009's are supposed to be just like the 007's but a looser fit? BIG didn't have any and they still don't have them in my size. They do have the one wash versions, though.

I'd like to pick up another pair of PBJ. Possibly the purple 010's. But, I'm not sure if I should pick up another size 34 and deal with how tight the rise is or go with a 36 and try to shrink them.

Or, should I go with a 34 in the 009's if I can find them?

I'm 6'2", 190 pounds and my other jeans that fit well are sized 34, but measure about 35 1/2 to 36 inches.

Thanks!

EDIT: Looking back over the sizing on BIG's site, it seems the 007's and 010's have the same rise for both size 34 and 36. So it wouldn't make sense for me to buy a 36 and shrink it down so the waist fits. Is the best option to find a pair of 009's in size 34 or 36?

Hello! This is my first post here and I have a fitting question. While in New York over the holidays, I stopped in at BIG and tried on a bunch of denim. I decided to go with the PBJ 007's in size 34. After asking all sorts of fitting questions I came away with the fact that a 34 off the shelf fits me pretty good. It's a bit tight in the rise, though. However, if I wash them in hot water they will shrink and will be WAY too tight for me to wear them. I could have gotten a 36 and shrunk it down. But they recommended I not do that. Or, I could have went with a 36 one wash, which seemed to fit the same as the 34 Raw off the shelf. But they said the one wash would stretch a few inches.

Your jeans may shrink when you wash them, but they will also stretch considerably, especially in the waist. If necessary, they will stretch past the raw measurement. The only consideration to keep in mind is how the thighs fit currently, because they will shrink .5" or so, and are a little more difficult to stretch out. Also, keep in mind that the inseam will shrink about 2.5". But if the waist/rise is all you're worried about, they should stretch back out after a few days.

Your jeans may shrink when you wash them, but they will also stretch considerably, especially in the waist. If necessary, they will stretch past the raw measurement. The only consideration to keep in mind is how the thighs fit currently, because they will shrink .5" or so, and are a little more difficult to stretch out. Also, keep in mind that the inseam will shrink about 2.5". But if the waist/rise is all you're worried about, they should stretch back out after a few days.

Well, I only wash them in cold water. So they shouldn't shrink much, right?. The rise is a bit too tight right now. So if I get another pair of PBJ, do you think I should go with a 009 in size 34? They are supposed to be the same as my 007's but a more relaxed fit.