Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Guest Midnite8
Whiskers are coming in okay in mine, maybe a little slowly, but the honeycomb fades are almost nonexistent. Mine are getting a bit thin in the crotch, I'm thinking about sending them to Denim Therapy soon for a bit of preemptive darning...

Well mine are going on 7.5 months now and I do see honeycomb fades but the front whiskers are hard to develop, lap fading is visible alot but it's just the whiskers --___--

hey guys.

sorry for another question about sizing >_<. its just that i dont have any jeans that fit me well because the last time i bought jeans i was about 20 pounds heavier than i am now and cant really measure a pair to find perfect sizing.

I am looking to purchase the xx-007s in raw and i was just a bit sketchy on sizing. i measured my waist and its 32" i was wondering if i should get a size 30 or 31. i did also take into account the shrinkage post-soak..but im worried that if i get 31s they will stretch way too much and fit too loosely.

thanks for your help! i really appreciate it :D

hey guys.

sorry for another question about sizing >_<. its just that i dont have any jeans that fit me well because the last time i bought jeans i was about 20 pounds heavier than i am now and cant really measure a pair to find perfect sizing.

I am looking to purchase the xx-007s in raw and i was just a bit sketchy on sizing. i measured my waist and its 32" i was wondering if i should get a size 30 or 31. i did also take into account the shrinkage post-soak..but im worried that if i get 31s they will stretch way too much and fit too loosely.

thanks for your help! i really appreciate it :D

if u have big thighs, go TTS, i have 20 inch thigh and got sz 29 007 raw, tight as fuk for the first week. down 2 is impossible for ppl who dont abuse drugs.

Just received a pair of PBJ indigo chinos from Gordon in record time; ordered Sat afternoon, in FL Mon afternoon USPS Priority. They are beautiful - as close to raw as non denim indigo stuff gets.

how did you size on them? are they shrink to fit like the BiG chinos?

how did you size on them? are they shrink to fit like the BiG chinos?

Hey the_ming - I ordered size 4 which measures 17 1/2 waist (Blue in Green style), 12 1/4 FR, 14 1/2 BR, 12 1/2 thigh, 10 knee, 9 LO and 34 1/2 inseam. They are O/W so should not be much if any shrinkage according to Gordon. If you like saturated indigo stuff, don't hesitate. Reminds me of 45RPM at a reduced price; they are beautiful.

so I had my 005BK jeans tapered a bit a while back, and the tailor did an excellent job of tapering. However when it came down to the hem she used a weird combination of black threading on the inside and golden threading on the outside that clashed greatly with the original chainstitch. The area was only like 3 inches on the outseam, but considering I wear all my jeans cuffed a little bit, it was bothering me greatly. I considered going to BiG to get them re-hemmed but instead I took some time and found some methods to chain stitch by hand, here are the results:

Library-2552-1.jpg

Library-2554-1.jpg

Library-2556.jpg

the method I used was a simple chainstitch using a single thread, I could not replicate the machine chainstitch exactly as it consisted of two separate threads and was far more intricate and beyond my skils. However I am pretty happy with the results and if I had before pictures to show you, I think you'd agree that they look much better. I just wanted to show this so that if any of you had simple repairs to be made, you don't have to settle for machine hem.

hey guys i got my size 30 xx-007s in the mail from blue in green.

i was worried that i sized down too many at first but i really like the fit. my waist is 32" and i have 20" thighs..i got a size 30. Thanks gordon and the BiG team for helping me through this process!

I soaked the jeans for 40 minutes in hot water and 10 minutes in warm water. Was this enough soak?

Presoak fit..sorry for the crappy pic

2010-08-20125315.jpg

post-soak fit.

_MG_5624-1.jpg

_MG_5625-1.jpg