Pure Blue Japan

midnight

9 hours ago, Broark said:

Finding myself very tempted by the new double natural indigo chambray work shirt from Pure Blue Japan.
Anyone want to talk me out of it? The mismatched pockets don't bother me.

I was too. The fabric is stunning. However, the measurements are super weird. Size 5 is very boxy with small shoulders in relation to the P2P, and size 6 has *huge* shoulders...

Edited by JDelage

Well I went with a size 6, Okayama Denim confirmed that the size 6 has 6 buttons.
Plus I had a lot of points to use there (that I didn't realize I had) so it brought the price down a bit.
Will post photos once it arrives!

• 2 weeks later...

Lads, what do you think of the XX-18oz-019-18oz Indigo x Black relaxed tapered?

I failed looking for black x black jeans for several reasons and ended up liking these ones very much. Theyr not black but close to and I like you don’t see any stitching or patch or shiny rivets.

anyone tried these?

thNk you 

I don't have the indigo x black, but I do own the double black denim in the relaxed tapered fit.
They're nice, and the fit works well with the black denim. I should wear them more often.

Hi guys, this is my first time posting on this thread (been mostly over at the techwear/acronym thread).

But I have been a long time denim head, and I thought I like to share my thoughts about something from the PBJ Harajuku shop just two days ago.
I treated myself to their BKAI-013, which was really amazing to see in person. On the website and their instagram, the AIBK-013 looked really beautiful, but that BKAI-013 is truly special and one of a kind although I am quite skeptical about the color which is more grey than black which is why I had to go down to the shop to see it for myself. I had their AI-003 for a couple of years, and the texture of the fabric on the skin is identical, but the color of the BKAI is really somewhat like a Chinese/Japanese ink painting. It is not dark or deep, but it has that wabi-sabi quality to it that really attracts me. Hard to describe until you actually handled the fabric in person. There will be little to no fades on both the sumi and AI, according to the man attending to me in the store. When I asked which he will recommend (between BKAI and AIBK), he immediately replied it will be the BKAI. I can't wait to really break it in.
http://pbj-jeans.ru.shopserve.jp/SHOP/BKAI-013.html

15 hours ago, Geeman said:

Considering them myself. Have you looked at the Oni azumi x  black. 

Since some of you spoke about the Oni, I thought I briefly mention it. I've wore it for two winters, and the Oni 20oz BKBK fabric is hell of a comfortable, the black is beginning to turn grey at high impact points, but its one of my favorite jeans at the moment (compared to my Samurai, Kuro and ironheart).
https://www.denimio.com/oni-902zr-bkbk-20oz-secret-black-denim-high-rise-relax-tapered-oni902zrbk.html

But I only wear it in colder weather, so for now BKAI will be my go to jeans this summer :)

I don’t like black fading jeans. 
I want black x black no fades but unlucky so far BUT I’m really I love with those PBJ XX black with indigo that fade into bluish colour.

i got Yamamoto regular black pants until I decide. I don’t really like ironheart blacks no fade for some reason but who knows tomorrow

^ they look great but the rise is too high I’m afraid. I would be size 31 waist and the thigh a bit tight. Do they stretch much? In any case that rise is long....maybe I’m old fashioned but I like mid low. I got this Momos 605 tapered and feel like a granda. Still wear them but high rise doesn’t work with me. That’s why I had a look at IH. 
Dawson look excellent company tho. 
I’m not in a rush anyway, but those XX are tempting

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@spitfiredealer good looking fit. their -19 cut is on my list. Looks like it might suite me well. The amount of taper to the hem is on the edge of what I prefer. Been waiting for the right denim for my taste 

Kakishibu will go for production again??? I notice someone post it in my local denim enthusiast page about it for grab pre order. This fabrics is so dope

FB_IMG_1599052210010.jpg

FB_IMG_1599052219924.jpg

FB_IMG_1599052198421.jpg

Edited by spidereye
Double picture

On 9/2/2020 at 6:17 AM, spidereye said:

Kakishibu will go for production again??? I notice someone post it in my local denim enthusiast page about it for grab pre order. This fabrics is so dope

For what it's worth I have a OD + PBJ kakishibu type II jacket for sale, size 4, basically new. One of only 37 made! Going to put it up on eBay, but if anyone here wants it, please hit me up.

https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/od-pbj-18oz-kakishibu-type-ii-selvedge-jacket 

Measurements are: shoulders 20.1", P2P 22", back length 27.2", sleeve 26".

Edited by JDelage

On 9/2/2020 at 11:36 AM, JDelage said:

For what it's worth I have a OD + PBJ kakishibu type II jacket for sale, size 4, basically new. One of only 37 made! Going to put it up on eBay, but if anyone here wants it, please hit me up.

https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/od-pbj-18oz-kakishibu-type-ii-selvedge-jacket 

Measurements are: shoulders 20.1", P2P 22", back length 27.2", sleeve 26".

On eBay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324286662195