Pure Blue Japan

midnight

I don’t have PBJ AI, but in other makers, true AI tends to shrink less or not at all, due to a the nature of the dying process, multiple extended soaks in natural indigo.

Edit to add Self Edge Disclaimer from AI-03 description:

Disclaimer: These jeans are made of unsanforized denim, when washed the denim will shrink 1" in the waist, 2.5" in the length (inseam), and approximately .3" in the thigh/knee/leg opening/rise. Please keep this in mind when choosing your size. The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1" after approximately 30 wears.

Edited by ShootThePier

I used my OD points and bought myself one of the last Ai-001 at OD during the Black Friday event. I hesitated to soak or return because the denim was so stiff when raw it was borderline uncomfortable, but it turns out to be one of the most comfortable pair I've tried lately. The character of the denim is incredible and I'm looking forward to the slow, gradual evo. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

i just wanted to post this here. If it is not allowed here I apologize. I am looking to sell a brand new pair of PBJ XX-007 size 31. This have never been soaked or worn, tags still on.

waist-15.25

inseam-35.5

front rise-10

back rise-14

thigh-10.5

knee-8.25

hem-8

E48961FA-B338-4541-85AF-52829FEA64C6.jpeg

DB58B8F2-2B4D-4BF6-93C4-9167A2412306.jpeg

10CB51B7-94F0-4DB2-B109-15B06DB5F672.jpeg

1CBE0B42-D417-4CF8-BBE9-F7F65F0F9E18.jpeg

09356D89-152C-409D-9A6C-1ADA3DD33CBD.jpeg

B77429C4-82D0-45E3-957A-57350775A41A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I received this response from Pure Blue Japan regarding a question about the re-release date of the Ai 003 17.5 oz Double Natural Indigo dyed jeans. I have the jacket in this denim and it is superb; this Ai dyed denim is the perfect example of what Pure Blue Japan does best!

Dear Mr. Lance,

Thank you for your inquiry.
The 17.5oz Double natural indigo jeans are most likely to be back in  
stock in February.
However as you might know, we are afraid that the international shipping  
service is not available at our store.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
I suppose Okayama Denim will carry them as well.
I'm sorry for the trouble but please ask them for more details.
Again thank you for your email and loving our products!
I hope you have a great day.
Best regards,
Minako Mochida

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So powerful faded indeed Space_cowboy!!!

They have reached the Holy Grail status by far!!!

• 1 month later...

Okayama Denim has restocked the Ai-019-WID Double Natural Indigo jeans in relax tapered fit. It’s the same denim as my jacket. It’s killing me that I can’t make the fit work, just too much taper knee down and the slim tapered is worse. But the denim is superb, wonderful texture, beautiful natural indigo color.

^ Here is the response I received from Ryo asking about expected shrinkage. I asked because PBJ O/W shows lots of shrinkage from Raw

“PBJ factory wash the one wash versions so while they will run smaller than their tagged size they will not shrink any further than their stated measurements. If you were to soak a raw pair at home, w hile the waist will shrink around an inch, they will stretch out again with wear, hence we think considering the pre-wash measurements for waist, and expecting .5" loss in the rises, thighs, knees, leg opening and about 2" in the length. Let us know if you have any further questions!“

8 hours ago, lance said:

Okayama Denim has restocked the Ai-019-WID Double Natural Indigo jeans in relax tapered fit. It’s the same denim as my jacket. It’s killing me that I can’t make the fit work, just too much taper knee down and the slim tapered is worse. But the denim is superb, wonderful texture, beautiful natural indigo color.

@lance have you posted pics of your jacket? If so I missed them. I really like that jacket... been looking at it for a long time, but the length looks pretty long. I need wide shoulders and chest, but not more than normal in length. 

Photos of my Type 2 Ai-001 - WID Double Natural Indigo jacket are on page 248, this thread, mpukas. As we discussed on that and next/previous pages, it depends on the jacket size. PBJ  seems to increase dimensions disproportionately in the largest size, which I chose because I like a jacket that has room both for comfort and layering. I own lots of Ai dyed denim, but the color and purple hue of the indigo are unrivaled. The latest jeans, Ai-013-WID and Ai-019-WID are made with unsanforized cotton as was the first jacket. However, the latest run of jackets are made with Sanforized cotton which I do not care for or buy. That being said, PBJ hit it out of the park with this line of jeans and jackets.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks very nice but the fact it only has a 5 button placket is enough to deter me. Too gappy for my liking, it should definitely have 6 and perhaps even 7 in the largest sizes due to the extra length.