Pure Blue Japan

midnight

17 minutes ago, Geeman said:

I went size 33 although I'm 31/32 in almost every other brand. It is slim tapered but definitely not carrot fit. I got half inch or so shrink in the inseam when washed. 

Fit pics in WAYWT thread. 

Excellent, thanks!

Did you order through Okayamadenim? Did you ask them to confirm the measurements / did you find the charted measurements to ring true?

8 hours ago, Critical Observer said:

Excellent, thanks!

Did you order through Okayamadenim? Did you ask them to confirm the measurements / did you find the charted measurements to ring true?

Yes mate, used OD. They measured a 32 and 33 for me and were pretty spot on.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have experience with the one wash from Denimio? Looking at the the XX-013 and the 29 raw would fit me perfectly. Looking at the OW measurements the 31 would be the best size.

I have heard the OW process is pretty rough. Does the denim still fade as well? How much stretching did you experience with this type of wash vs. a soak at home?

The one wash from denimio will be the same as any one wash, it's done by the manufacturer not the store. It won't impact the fades really it will just take the guess workout of the sizing. 

If the 31 OW looks to fit your measurements then that's the size you will need in either raw or OW, there's no way a 29 raw and a 31 OW can be comparable sizes. 

I *think* that the flat measurements on Denimio's website are done by Denimio, while the 360 measurements are by the manufacturer.  If the OW is flat and the raw is 360 or vice versa, that could explain the difference in sizes you are unsure of.  Denimio will measure an actual pair for you, but it will take an extra few days or a week probably. I recently ordered a pair from them and asked for actual measurements on the chat, but they told me that I had to actually order the pair and note that I wanted measurements, then the pair got shipped from their fulfillment warehouse to their office where they took the measurements.  You have the option to cancel the order if you don't like the measurements they send you. 

You'll want to do the chat and order the size they recommend, because then you can ship them back for free for an exchange if they aren't the right size.  If you don't do the chat, the return shipping charges are on you. 

This is a very slim cut in the thighs, so unless you've got stick legs, the difference in two sizes is probably going to mean wearable or not wearable.  Make sure you've considered that before you order. 

Edited by fresh1

Even when taking into account the difference between the measuring methods there's still no way a 29 raw and a 31 one wash could be compared when sizing. 29 raw is obviously  going to be even smaller after washing and the 31 OW represents post wash measurements...if the 31 measurements work the 29 would be sizing down 2!

I m sure he compared flat vs flat / 360vs360. 

I meant that the difference would stem from the fact that the manufacturer did one set of measurements and denimio did the other. I've looked at pairs on that site in the past where they only had flat for either OW or raw and 360 for the other and haven't been able to fully trust the comparison. 

The best bet would be to ask for actual measurements...or to look at the same pair's measurements on Blue Owl... 

Edited by fresh1

So now that I have a pair of the XX-019-BB and I know that the cut works for me I’m kinda into the Kakishibu pair Okayama Denim is putting out. But over the years I’ve realized that I’m also not really that into heavy denim. ODPBJ-002-Kakishibu-Selvedge-Jeans-15_10ODPBJ-002-Kakishibu-Selvedge-Jeans-8_b53

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm going to be meeting up with Iwaya-san (owner of PBJ) next week (August 28th) to do an in-depth interview with him. If you guys have any questions you want answered I could probably work a few of them into the interview.  I'm working on a denim site that will be online in a few weeks and I'm starting out by interviewing a lot of the heavy-hitters in the denim world.  It's all just for fun; I won't be making money or advertising anything.

Anyway, if any of you PBJ fans have any burning questions for Iwaya-san, let me know! :)

• 1 month later...

Another truly enjoyable/informative read japanalogue, thanks! The conversation that really resonated with me was that international denim enthusiasts are interested in the backstory, really hit home! That’s what draws me to Ai dyed denim, hand dyed using organic indigo, the knowledge, the artistry, the lineage.  ex... the PBJ Ai 003 WID 17.5 oz double natural indigo jacket and jeans, works of art!

Edited by lance

^ for a hank dye denim that's to be expected. No white core, no big changes.

@japanalogue I'm really enjyoing your interviews. Looking forward who will came next and if you can get more insider information, maybe on the level of the mills or dyeing houses?! :)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I agree completely, MJF9, the evolution of natural indigo dyed to the core yarn may not be as noticeable as the contrasts with ring dyed yarns using synthetic dyes, but the beautiful, subtle changes in color and hue in natural indigo over time are just as pleasing if you are into natural indigo dyed denim and I am! There is also the appreciation of artistry, knowledge and time spent by masters of natural indigo dyeing.

I bought these non fade pbj blue in green Soho colab and have been wearing for work alot, forgot to wash inside out but that's not the issue, I was under the impression they wouldn't fade? Anyway pictures next to my Uniqlo work jeans for comparison, light is terrible in my office btw..

MVIMG_20191003_143745.jpg

MVIMG_20191003_143730.jpg

5 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

I bought these non fade pbj blue in green Soho colab and have been wearing for work alot, forgot to wash inside out but that's not the issue, I was under the impression they wouldn't fade? Anyway pictures next to my Uniqlo work jeans for comparison, light is terrible in my office btw..

MVIMG_20191003_143745.jpg

MVIMG_20191003_143730.jpg

I think they look great though 

• 3 weeks later...

Posted this in the 'Jean Jacket' thread too...

Anyone have any experience with PBJ 6087? (Type III, 14 oz). Particularly size 6. I'm a fan of the "modified" type III that some brands are putting out with a increased length...but is PBJ's "modified" version TOO long? I'm looking at myself in the mirror and it's bordering denim shirt territory instead of trucker

If any exeperience, with this jacket - any luck shrinking it? I know it's a one-wash... 

• 3 weeks later...