Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I wanted to ask opinion about sizing tips for PBJ xx011. I've tried sz 30 and 31 for OW version. Sz 30 is very tight and sz 31 is perfect.

Now i see there is a Sale in Corlection and really a good deal for the Xx011 but they only have 30 on Raw version.

Do you guys think if i get sz 30 raw and soak it in Cold Water will fit me perfectly like Sz 31 OW version?

Thanks a lot for your help

I am a true size 35, and since most brands jump from size 34 to 36, I end up having to either size up or size down.  I have a pair of XX-012 that I decided to get in a size 34 and only do cold soaks /washes.  They are tight. I still wear them but wish they fit better, especially after washing them.  I don't wear them as much as pairs that fit me well. 

My advice would be to save some money and buy the size that fits you at full price.  I think most of the shrink comes from just getting them wet, and that the difference in cold/warm/hot water is negligible and not enough to make up for an entire size.  You mention that the size down is very tight, and the Corlection site says that they are more tapered than the standard XX-011. 

You'd probably get more wear out of a pair that fits you perfectly than a pair that doesn't fit that you got for a good price. 

11 hours ago, fresh1 said:

I am a true size 35, and since most brands jump from size 34 to 36, I end up having to either size up or size down.  I have a pair of XX-012 that I decided to get in a size 34 and only do cold soaks /washes.  They are tight. I still wear them but wish they fit better, especially after washing them.  I don't wear them as much as pairs that fit me well. 

My advice would be to save some money and buy the size that fits you at full price.  I think most of the shrink comes from just getting them wet, and that the difference in cold/warm/hot water is negligible and not enough to make up for an entire size.  You mention that the size down is very tight, and the Corlection site says that they are more tapered than the standard XX-011. 

You'd probably get more wear out of a pair that fits you perfectly than a pair that doesn't fit that you got for a good price. 

Thank you sir. Really appreciate your advice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just received an email from Okayama Denim offering a 100% natural indigo yarn dyed t-shirt from Pure Blue Japan; couldn’t resist! Looks similar in design and sizing to the previous PBJ indigo dyed t-shirts with what looks like a chain stitched neck hem. R by 45RPM offered a mix of natural/synth dyed indigo t-shirt but I can’t recall seeing a 100% natural indigo dyed t-shirt. I’ll update when it arrives.

Edited by lance

Thanks, Broark. I received the email, went directly to the Okayama site and ordered the shirt. When I ordered, only the size 3 was sold out. After posting on SUFU, I went back to the Okayama site and in that brief time, all sizes were sold out except size 5. You may want to email Merv and ask if he can special order one for you from PBJ. He has done that for me previously.

9 minutes ago, Broark said:

I was going to say if you got the size 5 and it doesn’t work for you I’m your guy. But let’s hope they just make another run. :D

I just checked a few other sellers of Pure Blue Japan and no joy. As Merv suggested in the description, looks like they pleaded with Pure Blue Japan and are the only retailers with stock. But email him, Broark. If there are any extras, he will order one for you and if not and there is enough demand, Okayama Denim will likely ask them to make additional t-shirts.

On 3/23/2019 at 5:34 PM, spitfiredealer said:

Starting to see some early fades on these XX-019-BB's

juYIqIpZTQeiqDoYflWt%Q.jpg

Bro those are killer. I deployed shortly after I got mine. Can’t wait to get back in them and have them looking like yours. 

Pure Blue Japan natural indigo t-shirt yarn dyed a very distinctive indigo blue with indigofera grown in Tokushima. Ordered from Okayama Denim on April 9, delivered no charge from Japan to Florida on April 11. Actual measurements XXXL, BIG style - shoulder 22", chest 25", length 31". I cannot say enough good things about Merv's  patience, willingness to go the extra mile and friendly service. First photo shows the natural indigo t-shirt, second photo shows a comparison between the natural indigo dyed t-shirt and the last iteration by Pure Blue Japan of a synthetic indigo dyed t-shirt. I very much like natural indigo dyed clothing but I also like the depth of indigo color of the synthetic indigo dyed t-shirt. Be interesting to see the difference as they fade.

IMG_0979.thumb.JPG.1593e7a90a646eb8b0e685a9d5676dcf.JPG   IMG_0980.thumb.JPG.8a4ff7c160ed23f8eb8586fcb6843c32.JPG

Edited by lance

Looks awesome! I missed out on this again, they put a few up on the site yesterday and they were sold out before I could buy one while at work. Going to email Merv now and ask about availability. 

14 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

First post up here;

PBO-001 before their third wash. ~65 (+/- a few) wears. Easily my favorite pair at the moment. 

Album For The Curious

Wow fast fader.

Looking great already!!