Pure Blue Japan

midnight

On 5/21/2018 at 5:08 PM, dada mafiosi said:

Hi

Guys, anybody has experience on both PBJ XX-003 and PBJ XX-005.

- I used to wear Levi's 501 but not sure that XX-003 might be of the similar cut or more loose?

- Whether XX-003 model creates similar fades like XX-005?

- I see XX-005 is considered as the best PBJ model but not sure whether it will be a bit loose than tight/slim jeans or tight, any comments?

XX-005 is the epitome of a Japanese slim straight fit. Slim top block, medium-to-low rise, slim thigh, and no taper whatsoever from the knee down. 

XX-003 is a relaxed, slightly tapered cut. Bigger everything than the XX-005, but with a gentle taper from the knee down. 

XX-005 would be a closer analog to the modern day 501, but only if you've got a slender frame. Top block and rise is much slimmer. XX-003 doesn't really compare that well. Look into repro brands like Warehouse, Fullcount, Studio D'Artisan etc. for possible closer matches to the 501 cut. 

• 4 weeks later...

picked up these XX-019-BK's at Rivet & Hide the other week. Went tts, the top block is pretty comfortable. The lower leg is taking some getting used to as it tight from the knee down. 

The denim looks and feels great and we no doubt look lovely when it fades 

fullsizeoutput_14f1.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

PBJ Type 2 DI

New PBJ xx-019 bb

Crappy adidas running shoes (they're just old, i love the shoes)

Sized up because I want to be comfortable for once.  Its like im wearing pajamas.

Photo Jul 10, 18 44 40.jpg

Apologies for the poor indoor pic but I thought I’d share my xx-012

worn on and off for 2 years, no wash, maybe 5 soaks. These don’t get too much love anymore, as they fell out of my rotation. 

140B5B39-073C-4731-B761-E0223F10C409.jpeg

0C07D498-1B11-4AC3-BC52-F9C00F924536.jpeg

Edited by Grape

• 4 weeks later...

Something very interesting is happening to my new pair of PBJ 1143 (12oz, Relaxed Tapered, Summer Jeans) in this 97 degree weather in Dubai. All the sweat and humidity is creating something very different from what I have seen so far.

I will update here in a few months.

IMG_3219.JPG

Not nearly enough love for the PBJ indigo t shirts around here. Here’s a shot of one 3 years old vs brand new.

yCapWcJ.jpg

That’s awesome, I’ve been thinking about picking one of those up lately. I have a two pack of original 3Sixteen indigo tees and they haven’t faded that much at all, so might try my hand at one of these. Just have to figure out sizing. 

Broark, I just measured my PBJ indigo dyed (yarn dyed) crew neck t-shirt purchased from Okayama Denim 1 - 2 months ago; not yet washed. Actual measurements for size 6, XXXL are as follows: shoulder to shoulder 21”; pit to pit 24”; sleeve length shoulder seam to end of sleeve 9”; overall length in back from top of chain stitched neck seam to bottom hem 30”. This is a medium/heavy indigo dyed Supima cotton  t-shirt well worth the purchase; one of my favorites!

Pictured is a size 4 which measures just over 22 inches in the chest after a couple cold washes and about 18 inches in the shoulder. I also have the 3sixteen indigo pack of tees and I like the PBJ tees much better. 

• 1 month later...

Summer in FL, have only tried  it on, it’ll be a mighty slow process at best since the jacket is Ai dyed to the core. I’m expecting a change in color with time but no contrast fades;  looking forward to wearing it, it’s a beauty

#6081 is a beauty - not getting around to wear mine.

try googling pics for PBj 6081 and you get to see a handfull - a member over at IHUK did get one early last year...

58 minutes ago, lance said:

Ah, you bought the 6081 too, Foxy2. Moscow weather is much more suited to a 17 1/2 oz jacket than FL. Even so, this is a heavy, double Ai dyed jacket and will take either a long time or much wear before showing evo!

couldn't resist!

can't imagine living in a climate like Florida - I escaped central European summers by relocating to Russia for work. the summer here can be hot, too, but things are much more moderate here. well, that's excluding winter...

only managed to get that jacket soaked so far. it is still super stiff and would need to be broken in in order to make it wearable. I don't expect it to fade in any significant way, but the texture of the denim and the overall color is rewarding enough. maybe I'll manage to get it to soften a bit and mold to my body this fall.

^ Ha, that's the way I feel about Moscow winters (although I've never actually experienced one). The closest I've come is Pennsylvania winters and that's why I live in Florida! I too very much like both the texture and purple indigo hue of the jacket; evo, as the natural indigo changes color, should be wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...