Pure Blue Japan

midnight

22 hours ago, Evry1lovej said:

I thought the same too! It has some nice fades, but some fade way too quickly. 

When you mean vertical fading, you mean that line in front and back that’s more white in the thigh area right. 

This is the vertical fading from 011 from the wiki. Every jeans have vertical fading including the 013 but the 011 is heavily exaggerated more. I suggest you see the pbj wiki carefully, there’re a lot of fade and texture pics of the 14.5oz fabric (003, 005, 013) and 13oz (011) fabric. From there you should be able to determine which fabric you like more.

B5446FEE-663E-429E-84D6-26FD3F59D3D1.jpeg

8 hours ago, keybladehero said:

This is the vertical fading from 011 from the wiki. Every jeans have vertical fading including the 013 but the 011 is heavily exaggerated more. I suggest you see the pbj wiki carefully, there’re a lot of fade and texture pics of the 14.5oz fabric (003, 005, 013) and 13oz (011) fabric. From there you should be able to determine which fabric you like more.

B5446FEE-663E-429E-84D6-26FD3F59D3D1.jpeg

I purchased the 011! How do i give it a first wash? It's raw

Just received the PBE-019 with Beige tinted Warp from Okayama. First impression is that I love the fit, It is indeed high rise and the knee and hem and narrow. Just what I wanted. 

Some pics for those who may enjoy and I threw in some comparisons with my FH 3012.  The PBE looks lighter compared to the flat head due to the beige tint but it's not as light as it looks. The FH fabric looks hairy (if that's a term) while PBE looks like it will give me very Vintage Levi's fades. 

The chainstitch hem from Okayama looks so much better than the hem I got on the FH at my tailor.

There is almost no branding on the PBE-019. The hardware/rivets seem generic. Only the buttons have "Syoaiya" on them and so does the leather patch. Come to think of it, there is no mention of "Pure Blue Japan" anywhere. The back pockets do not have the arcs (that's what they are called?). I like them better this way.

Now the dreadful soak and the shrink anxiety! Fit pics tomorrow, if they fit.

2.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by i_denim
Added pictures

On 3/13/2018 at 5:23 AM, nizzel55 said:

PBJ607918OZ 209 days of wear.

180205_PBJ6079_4_d209_021.jpg

180205_PBJ6079_4_d209_029.jpg

Shit... I've been pining for a denim jacket lately, and didn't even consider PBJ making one. That looks so great in their denim. 

It's a beautiful day! I am in love with my pair of PBE-019 with beige tinted warp.

Fit: With a dad bod, it's difficult to find something that gives enough room for years of alcohol abuse & overeating and yet slim down the leg and look modern. This fit hits it out of the park. Sure, there are a bit of knee bags but I need to lose weight and get of pairs of these in 34 instead. I legs aren't big enough for the size 36 I am wearing, but my waist is. The front rise after shrinkage is at 12 inches and the back rise is 15.5 inches so very comfy. The thighs and hips have. bit of flare standing up but they are super snug when sitting down. I keen feel honey combs behind the knees forming as I breathe in / breathe out. Overall, it feels very comfortable and yet snug enough to feel I will get all the fades in the right places.

Fabric: It is 17.5oz fabric with beige tinted warp. Up close, you can tell it's beige but to the untrained eye; they're just another pair of indigo jeans. The fabric isn't hairy unlike the Flat head pair I have but it has these beige/white slub to it.

Post soak measurements: I sat in a hot tub for 1 hour and then soaked them for another 30 minutes off body. The benefit is that the waist didn't shrink from 37 and is still 37. The inseam shrank 2 inches. The front rise shrank 1.5 inches. The tub looked lovely with the post soak indigo.

Hardware: Minimalism seems to be their conscious effort. All rivets are unbranded just like Vintage Levi's from the war era that I read about. There are no arcs on the pockets. The leather patch is very simple and does not mention PBJ. The leaf on the rear pocket os the only branding. Some people may find the hardware not to their liking. I would certainly prefer a doughnut button and a PBJ leather patch.

What next: Looks like I won't be taking these off for months so I may get a good amount of fades. Unfortunately, my FH is up for sale. Even if it doesn't sell, I doubt I would wear it. That's how much I love these 019s. However, at the rate I am losing weight; I may need a smaller size in a few months. I plan to buy the same 019 fit from PBJ in a different color maybe double indigo or something else.

I would like to thank @Niro @Geeman @Paul T @Iron Horse @tigerstrom @beautiful_FrEaK for all the help and guidance in helping me transition from mass produced denim to selvedge. This forum and everybody here has been immensely patient with a very impatient person. With your help, I did get it right with my second pair. I will send tons of questions your way when I am ready for a pair of Warehouse, Sugarcane, TCB or OOA.

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

@i_denim 

Awesome updates from your great looking jeans.

I can't wait to see them 600 wear days later

Anyone interested in an almost-new pair of XX-013-VTG, 34w? These are the new VTG denim that's fantastic....photos don't do it justice. I'd trade for XX-005s in 33 or 34, or something w/a slightly bigger knee and less taper.

Waist: 17”
Thigh: 11.5 from bartack, 12” IH style
Front rise: 9.75”
Back rise: 14”
Knee: 8”
Hem: 7.75”
Inseam 35”

IMG_1994.jpg

Edited by gfarina55

Pretty excited about my first set of honeycombs coming up. It feels like if I just keep wearing my PBE019, they will evolve into something beautiful. People seem to notice the texture almost everywhere I go and comment on them. Probably the beige warp makes them look different or maybe the slub.

IMG_1320.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

been wearing my hardly worn XX-007 over the past few days - interesting to feel how restricting a modern cut & denim is like after all the more vintage inspired models...

IMG_0449_zpsuf1nj74u.jpg
IMG_0447_zpssgugk3wh.jpg
IMG_0448_zpsgs4itgpz.jpg

Edited by Foxy2

8 minutes ago, Foxy2 said:

been wearing my hardly worn XX-007 over the past few days - interesting to feel how restricting a modern cut & denim is like after all the more vintage inspired models...

It is interesting that you feel that's a modern cut. I still don't have the courage to wear that big of a leg opening though I will get there.

It's probably PBJ's James Bond cut :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 1:22 PM, i_denim said:

Grab a pair PBJ for $1.90 on Uniqlo. Not sure what countries they ship to.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-pure-blue-japan-slim-fit-straight-jeans-142528.html

these are from Uniqlo's "Pure Blue Japan" sub brand - not Syoaiya - Pure Blue Japan.

I think they didn't secure the Pure Blue Japan trademark for Japan on time.

3 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

these are from Uniqlo's "Pure Blue Japan" sub brand - not Syoaiya - Pure Blue Japan.

I think they didn't secure the Pure Blue Japan trademark for Japan on time.

I had no idea.

In fact, my pair of PBJ does not mention 'PBJ' anywhere. It's just 'Syoaiya' everywhere. I wonder if the brand got it wrong. PBJ should ideally have been the global brand and Syoaiya could have been domestic brand in Japan. 

On 5/7/2018 at 7:02 AM, i_denim said:

I had no idea.

In fact, my pair of PBJ does not mention 'PBJ' anywhere. It's just 'Syoaiya' everywhere. I wonder if the brand got it wrong. PBJ should ideally have been the global brand and Syoaiya could have been domestic brand in Japan. 

I don't know all the details, but Pure Blue Japan (as we know it) is branded as Syoaiya these days. They are one and the same. Something about another brand/company securing the trademark for "Pure Blue Japan" before PBJ did, so they were no longer allowed to use the name.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Guys, anybody has experience on both PBJ XX-003 and PBJ XX-005.

- I used to wear Levi's 501 but not sure that XX-003 might be of the similar cut or more loose?

- Whether XX-003 model creates similar fades like XX-005?

- I see XX-005 is considered as the best PBJ model but not sure whether it will be a bit loose than tight/slim jeans or tight, any comments?

2 hours ago, DoitsuJin said:

i miss the old black warp white weft denim...

Is that denim not gonna be made anymore?

I'm sure i've seen xx-005 black denim in a few shops still in stock.