Pure Blue Japan

midnight

The X011 are virtually the same fit as the X013, 11 uses a grey weft and 13 the 14oz denim PBJ are best known for.

The 19 are 13's with a roomier top block and thigh, slightly more taper.

2 hours ago, i_denim said:

Has the PBJ X-015 Cigrette slim been discontinued? Can’t find stock anywhere.

This was only made once around 3-4 years ago and there are no plans to repeat it. The focus at the moment is on the slim tapered and relaxed tapered fits.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

6 hours ago, Evry1lovej said:

What's the difference between the 011 vs 013? I know that the 011 has a left hand twill as well as a grey weft. What's the other difference? In terms of fading and etc. Anyone has samples or opinion on which one I should go for?

The x013 is made using the signature 14 oz slubby denim. The x011 uses a slightly more lightweight denim (13.5oz) with a grey weft which makes the indigo warp have a very deep hue. Both have unique fades. The x011 fades pretty fast too.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

Nah, they're 17.5oz raw but when the unsanforized denim hits water it tightens up due to shrinkage and becomes approx 18.5-19oz. I've worn them less than 15 times so no fades yet. The fit is ok, the biggest gripe I have is that the back rise could be a bit higher, in proportion to the higher front rise. To minimize the carrot outlook I double cuff them to give the denim a more substantial looking hem.

4 hours ago, mrman said:

Nah, they're 17.5oz raw but when the unsanforized denim hits water it tightens up due to shrinkage and becomes approx 18.5-19oz. I've worn them less than 15 times so no fades yet. The fit is ok, the biggest gripe I have is that the back rise could be a bit higher, in proportion to the higher front rise. To minimize the carrot outlook I double cuff them to give the denim a more substantial looking hem.

Thanks. The front and back rise shouldn't be a problem for me, I just checked the measurements.

I do need help in understanding the inseam and whether I should ask Okayama to hem them. I wear 30" inseam on my jeans and PBE-019 have 34" after shrinkage. But it looks like the kind of pair that will need one or two cuffs, else the leg opening could look too narrow/disproportionate. I know getting the inseam length right is a bit of a lottery. But since you own this pair, thought I should check.

51 minutes ago, Evry1lovej said:

How different is the grey weft compared to the white weft on between the 011 and 013? 

It’s just different in colour that’s all. The 011 is left hand twill while the 013 is right hand twill. The warp of the 011 tend to fade a lot faster and real intense vertical falling with brighter and more vibrance blue colour compare to the 013. The 013 fades into a clean blue looking color but it is less vibrance and more vintage looking 

49 minutes ago, keybladehero said:

It’s just different in colour that’s all. The 011 is left hand twill while the 013 is right hand twill. The warp of the 011 tend to fade a lot faster and real intense vertical falling with brighter and more vibrance blue colour compare to the 013. The 013 fades into a clean blue looking color but it is less vibrance and more vintage looking 

What do you prefer

1 hour ago, keybladehero said:

Overall I prefer xx013. If the left hand twill isn’t too crazy with its vertical falling I will definitely prefer xx011 more as I like its faded color more.

I thought the same too! It has some nice fades, but some fade way too quickly. 

When you mean vertical fading, you mean that line in front and back that’s more white in the thigh area right. 

Edited by Evry1lovej

Great updates mrman_ig and nizzel55