Pure Blue Japan

midnight

about 5 years ago when i was still in the army, i persuaded one of my best mates to get a pair of pbj. after i moved to australia, i've never seen how the jeans developed. recently, when he asked me about repairing some holes, i got to see how well they were. i think this was a pair of 011 if i remember correctly...

IMG_1516.thumb.jpg.00f60dd5dccff65573d31634c9a91094.jpg

IMG_1517.thumb.jpg.77fc3f9b694746b528345456555a8310.jpg

IMG_1513.thumb.jpg.12063a57ea1752677d4d062cae801046.jpg

IMG_1514.thumb.jpg.77dfa1463dafbc71cad41db7e8ddd8c8.jpg

6 hours ago, louisbosco said:

about 5 years ago when i was still in the army, i persuaded one of my best mates to get a pair of pbj. after i moved to australia, i've never seen how the jeans developed. recently, when he asked me about repairing some holes, i got to see how well they were. i think this was a pair of 011 if i remember correctly...

IMG_1516.thumb.jpg.00f60dd5dccff65573d31634c9a91094.jpg

Woahhh, what an impressing natural raw denim evo created by your friend. 

Convince him, to keep them alive for ever and never ever throwing them away. Otherwise he shall let me know before

1 hour ago, louisbosco said:

hahaha definitely ruedi. 

You got me ha ha

I always love all kinds of strongest natural raw denim evolution like hell!!!

^ Yeah, your friends pbj jeans deserve an eternal life for sure. Great, that he wanna take care of them and extending their life with repairing them 

I just got my hands on probably the most beautiful shirt I own; the Kasuri indigo dyed shirt. Real nice 6oz fabric with off white mother of pearl snap buttons and the top button is metal cats eye.

My first PBJ shirt. I've been tempted before, because they really do make some amazing indigo dyed shirts, but this one really is something special. My pics do not do it justice (sorry especially for the crappy lighting).

IMG_20171024_193054.jpg

IMG_20171024_193456.jpg

IMG_20171024_193646.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

new 50 1.2 lens so i decided to play around with it. this site looks completely different since the last time i was here.

sadly they dont fit so they may be for sale soon.

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1602.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

Edited by chantheman

Great denim evo chantheman

Does anyone own a PBJ Type II denim jacket? If so, is there plenty of room in the sleeves or are they tight (especially in the elbows and forearms)? I'm looking at one of their Ai dyed Type II jackets and it's muy expensive with only exchange or store credit available upon return. Thanks

37 minutes ago, lance said:

Does anyone own a PBJ Type II denim jacket? If so, is there plenty of room in the sleeves or are they tight (especially in the elbows and forearms)? I'm looking at one of their Ai dyed Type II jackets and it's muy expensive with only exchange or store credit available upon return. Thanks

Honestly the fit is quite narrow everywhere including the sleeves and chest. I only wear in the summer over a t shirt cause I can't really layer anything under it.

Thanks, foxy2, everything else about the PBJ Double Ai dyed Type 2 Jacket (except the price!j, including shoulder, chest and even overall length dimensions are fine. Especially the denim which has a beautiful shuttle loomed texture and Ai color, almost justify the price. I’ve been looking for a denim jacket for years and thought I’d finally found my grail. Ah well, I’ll keep on the hunt.

Thanks for the photos, Foxy2 - the sleeves do look slim! I have been communicating with Merv @ Okayama Denim and here are his measurements for the size 6 XXXL. Shoulder to shoulder 22”, pit to pit 24 1/2”, overall length 29”, sleeve width @ shoulder 11.6”, sleeve width midway along sleeve 7.3” and sleeve width @ cuff 5.6”. These dimensions are O/W since this latest run is O/W compared to the original run which was raw. I’m going to measure two jackets with similar cuts and fabric, try them on and  compare them to this one. I very much want the jacket because of the texture and Ai dye but I want to wear it comfortably rather than leave it sitting in my closet.

edit  by the way, beautiful floor!

Edited by lance

not sure about the grading in the bigger sizes and new iterations of this jacket, but the dimensions for the more regular sizes of the old cut (probably at least up to size 4) are very tight fitting in the back, shoulder and upper arms - compared to vintage type 1 and type 2 (or cuts based on vintage models) you will experience serious restrictions when moving your entire arms forwards and upwards.
the shoulders sleeve cap/scythe is cut like for a tailored jacket.