Pure Blue Japan

midnight

15 hours ago, Geeman said:

The other week I ordered a tshirt from the USA,  paid 36 dollars  (29gbp)plus shipping ,   when it  got here Royal Mail stung me for 8 quid for VAT (fair cop) then another 8 quid handling... for me going to the post office to collect it myself! 

I had a similar situation recently. Bought my son a coat from Carhartt USA and the shipping, tax and 'handling' added up to more than the actual coat.

Yea I mean that's exactly why so many people undervalue goods and try to get round customs. It's illegal and HMRC would call it fraud, but people don't view it in the same way as other types of fraud, because people see it as the taxman taking the piss and in a way stealing from them.

XX-003s here. This is my first pair of top-level Japanese denim, having two pairs of awesome APC jeans before. After having these I'll never go back! These pictures were taken at 40 wears and are really progressing nicely. I'm intrigued by how the leg twist on the left leg is more pronounced than on the right leg and how the back pockets are already starting to show a bit of wear. Looking forward to how these turn out in a year or two!

IMG_0778_zpspmzxooxv.jpgIMG_0782_zpsmhfwys1a.jpgIMG_0828_zpsh0bavfpa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_4590.thumb.JPG.2f33513065cb8ee270d04d1edad10188.JPGFor some mysterious reason, the 14oz fabric near the selvedge seams are more irregular, bumpy and spotty. Then the bumpiness and spottiness disappear at the middle and inseam area leaving behind the mini vertical slubby grains. Same characteristic goes for the other side and behind. The fabric is not as slubby as its 18oz siblings but it's a lot more bearable to wear daily in SEA country 

Edited by keybladehero

• 4 weeks later...

For Sale: BNWT PBJ XX-013 14oz Raw Unsanforized Size 33. Sized wrong. Bought from Blue Owl. Never worn, soaked, or altered. Retail 295. Selling for 255 shipped. 

Link to classifieds:

Edited by misterjaayy

Wow, I must have an unusually "hot" water supply. Using a thermometer, I tested the temp of the "hot" setting on my washer and it was 160* F or 71*C

Can this extreme temperature damage the jeans

45 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Might not do the patch any good though. Washing on a medium (40c) is usally enough

Patch PBJ...it is reasonable, however I have tried 3 pairs of PBJ for 90 degrees-no breaking changes

For PBJ it works:)

Edited by kukupoint