Pure Blue Japan

midnight

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

i really want to buy a PBJ Jeans (like this one http://rivetandhide.com/shop/brands/pure-blue-japan/pure-blue-japan-ks-013-16-oz-slim-tapered-jeans.html?___store=eu_en), but im wondering which size i should pick up, because most of those jeans are unsanforized and need to be soaked. somewhere i read, that ive to pick up one size bigger than im normally wearin. normally im wearin a size 34. so do i need to pick up a 36? Would be awesome if somebody could help me!

Hey Guys,

i really want to buy a PBJ Jeans (like this one http://rivetandhide.com/shop/brands/pure-blue-japan/pure-blue-japan-ks-013-16-oz-slim-tapered-jeans.html?___store=eu_en), but im wondering which size i should pick up, because most of those jeans are unsanforized and need to be soaked. somewhere i read, that ive to pick up one size bigger than im normally wearin. normally im wearin a size 34. so do i need to pick up a 36? Would be awesome if somebody could help me!

The best idea is to measure a couple of pairs of jeans that fit you well on the waist (this is how we do it http://rivetandhide.com/measurement-guide#jeans-section ) and share what those measurements are. From there it should be easy to advise you on sizing. Most PBJ denim shrinks just 1" and stretches back out again so if a raw  size chart states 34" that's more or less where they will end up post soak and stretch.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

• 2 weeks later...

wanted to post this question in the Okayama Denim forum but it's locked!!

Are OD safe to order from? there is a lot of negative comments about their service in that thread.

I have ordered once from them last year, and had no problems at all.

If I had seen that thread, I wouldn't have ordered from them though.

Edited by Niro

anyone wish to comment of the TYPE II jackets? looking at the natural indigo. some comments here are saying it fits tight around the arms?

mine fit tight around the forearms and in the shoulders (I wear a size 4). don't get me wrong, their type 2's are nice looking jackets but they could use a slight modification in fit. Because of how boxy the jacket is in the shoulders I don't wear it much, but I love the look. the upside to their type 2 is they're cut a little longer than standard type 2's so sit below the belt.

Just got the type 2 natural indigo. Tried to make the size 3 work couldn't so went with the size 4 fits perfect.

my only complaint is they changed something about it like they revised it someway.

the color of it seems a shade darker than the size 3 I had sent back to Denimio than the one I received from Okayama denim.

Also they changed the numbers from 6077 to 6067.

http://www.purebluejapan.jp/archives/6546

Even though mine still says 6077 on the tag.

Edited by M3RK

mine fit tight around the forearms and in the shoulders (I wear a size 4). don't get me wrong, their type 2's are nice looking jackets but they could use a slight modification in fit. Because of how boxy the jacket is in the shoulders I don't wear it much, but I love the look. the upside to their type 2 is they're cut a little longer than standard type 2's so sit below the belt.

thanks for feedback. size 4 is the size I would probably order based on measurements. I have fairly thick forearms - some shirts I can't wear because they fit to tight around the forearms, so will bear this in mind.

Hello peeps,

I need some advice. I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 13's 18oz. Now, I have them in the regular 14oz and they shrunk a lot after many cold water washes, the waist got back to original measurements but the rest never. Does anyone have any experience with the 18oz version for shrinking. Post soak and wash if possible. This will help me decide the size.

Many thanks.

Cheers from Canada!

JP

Edited by Suitbydayrawdenimbynight

Wearing for the first time today the XX-009 that BiG sent me a few days ago. I soaked it yesterday. I love the dark, dark blue color, and the fact that the legs are wide enough to accommodate big thighs. I find the rise a bit low for my taste, especially in the back, and the top block is generally tighter than my other straight leg jeans.

Just bought a new PBJ Indigo Herringbone Sweatshirt from Okayama Denim.  I'm 6'3" 210 lbs so I was glad to see they now offer their sweatshirts in a size 6.  For reference I normally wear Iron Heart flannels in either a XXL or XXXL depending on the cut.  This sweatshirt is not very thick but has some very nice details.  I've ordered product from Okayama Denim several times without any issues.  Even returned a shirt and the return went fairly smooth for an international return.  I've ordered PBJ, Japan Blue, Momotaro and SDA stuff from them.

Chest measures about 25 inches

Center back measures about 29.5 inches

PBJ%20Sweatshirt%201_zps8lj0nizb.jpg

PBJ%20Sweatshirt%202_zps7s96oe4d.jpg

PBJ%20Sweatshirt%203_zpscwlnuwjz.jpg

PBJ%20Sweatshirt%204_zpsry49n1g3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello peeps,

I need some advice. I'm gonna pull the trigger on the 13's 18oz. Now, I have them in the regular 14oz and they shrunk a lot after many cold water washes, the waist got back to original measurements but the rest never. Does anyone have any experience with the 18oz version for shrinking. Post soak and wash if possible. This will help me decide the size.

Many thanks.

Cheers from Canada!

JP

I bought the 18oz 13s from BiG today and was told that they'd been sanforized, so no need to worry about shrinking. Figured they new what they were talking about, since they hemmed them. I tried on some one wash 14oz for reference and the fit was pretty similar, though the 18oz felt a bit smaller. Could have been the weight, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine have about a half-inch in them, I'd say, but I only wear them tight during climbing season (as my legs get much bigger). I dunno, in my experience this denim stretches as much as you'd need it to within reason. I reckon after a couple days wearing urs you'd be able to know if it'll work for you.

I finally cold soaked my PBJ XX-003-VTG (REGULAR STRAIGHT). I sized up to a 36 in these as that appeared to be the consensus and advise to go.

Here are pre and post soak measurements:

Waist: 18 1/4"  –  17.5"
FR: 12.5"  -  12"
RR: 15 5/8" - 15 1/4"
Inside Leg: 37" - 36"
Opening: 9.5" - 9"

Was surprised there wasn't more shrinkage in the leg, just an inch, but were cold soaked. I'm going to wear them for a bit as they are and then machine wash 30 or give them a hot soak as I'd like to get some more shrinkage out of them, especially around the leg width and thigh. Not a lot of taper on these!

cool_hand,

how did those start with a 12.5" fr? Denimio and BiG have the 36 one wash going down to 10.75" fr and Rivet and Hide and Okayama have the raw 36 starting with 11.5" fr.

I'm thinking about getting a 36 as well, but the difference between 12.5" and 11.5" fr raw is very substantial.

Has anyone been able to get their hands on the new XX-019 fabric? I was about to pull the trigger, but being a new fabric, I wanted to see other peoples input before going for it. It's PBJ, so i know there will probably be a lot of slubby (and neppy with this new fabric) goodness, but the pics on OD didn't show a lot of texture when compared to their pictures of the XX-013.