Pure Blue Japan

midnight

It shrinks and stretches quite a lot, probably up to 2" of shrinkage in the waist with a hot wash. But it will also stretch past raw measurements without much trouble. PBJ denim is very size-forgiving.

speaking of PBJ, what's the general consensus on their unsanforized denim and shrinkage? I've been eyeballing the unsanforized xx-011 LHT's from BiG but don't know how much shrinkage there typically is in the waist. Is it about 1" or 2"? Otherwise, I may go with the once washed version down the road

In the slim-tapered cut definitely size for the thigh, as the cut is fairly slim throughout the upper leg. The waist will stretch quite a bit after shrinkage (past raw measurements as chicote mentioned) so that may not be the main thing to worry about. The thigh on the other hand won't stretch that easily.

Yeah, it's not for every one. The purple is very intense in sunlight too. I'm surprised my spouse lets me wear them.

But I actually quite like them. Bit of a break from the ducks and indigos.

welcome to the club

^ Light coloured fabric jackets, dark coloured vests or leather jackets...it's Winter here, and I haven't thought of shirt/T-shirt combos yet.

Shoes are some shade of brown usually...I found that, especially in full sun and a bigger cuff, there's too much purple for it to work with black shoes.

Just my opinions of course, and just a word of warning...if life was a RPG, my style bar would be 1, so I wouldn't trust me with stuff like this.

how do you wear those? in what colors are your tops and shoes?

i wear my pair more in the summer. once they start to fade they look like any other pair of worn paid of jeans but the purple weft does stand out

Compared to other colored-weft jeans (mud-dyed SG, cobalt PBJ, etc) the purple weft seems challenging to work with initially, but I think your pair looks really good now that it's worn in!

3yUDyzj.jpg

Here is a pic of my xx014s. I wear a lot of neutral colors so I don't find it too difficult to pull them off. I haven't worn them much because I'm trying to destroy my 710xx for the DWC. They stretch out a decent amount but they shrink back up in SE Asia where I live due to the humidity.

Hey guys, question on the XX-003 jeans. I'm considering my first pair of PBJ, and it looks like these are the best fit for me. Need a pretty high rise, and room in the thighs. I may or may no get them tapered, depending on what they look like on me. 

Does anyone know of plans for PBJ to come out with this cut in the newer 18z. denim? I love the look of that one. Any overall opinions on the standard 14oz. vs. the 18oz.?

Hey guys, question on the XX-003 jeans. I'm considering my first pair of PBJ, and it looks like these are the best fit for me. Need a pretty high rise, and room in the thighs. I may or may no get them tapered, depending on what they look like on me. 

Does anyone know of plans for PBJ to come out with this cut in the newer 18z. denim? I love the look of that one. Any overall opinions on the standard 14oz. vs. the 18oz.?

I have not heard of any plans as yet for an xx-18oz-003. The 18 oz denim is a dialled up version of the 14 oz. The extra weight makes it feel even slubbier but the characteristics (weave/dye) are basically the same. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the Glen Check Type 2 jacket in the mail. Not sure what got into me as it's not something I would usually be interested in, but in this case I really liked the fabric and then when I saw the measurements (and price) it was a no brainer. There are no words for the satisfaction I feel when I put on a shirt/jacket and the sleeves are actually long enough for my mutant arms. 

Ahh that's a bummer, it is a great jacket. 

I'm happy to finally own something by PBJ.  I've been fascinated with them for a long time even though their general aesthetic wasn't really in my wheelhouse. Years ago I used to act like an old man that had figured out exactly what I wanted to wear forever and wouldn't veer too far off the path even if something different interested me, fortunately things have changed.

It seems like restocks of particular models only come around once a year, thereabouts—perhaps PBJ just hasn't given the retailers notification that they'll be remaking either of those models yet.

(But if you're a size 29-30 and want a pair of unworn xx-007 let me know!)

^I picked that one up too from the BiG sale. Not sure the measurements are gonna work for me, as some combo of the shoulders/chest seems to be tight when I raise my arms. It's a really nice jacket though, agreed.

I have the deep indigo version which I bought from Okayama Denim and the houndstooth variant which I also got from the BiG sale. the shoulders and forearms are noticeably tight on mine and a little boxy, but I know with regular wear they'll eventually break in and loosen up. It's a weird cut for a jacket but I like them both so will hold onto them.

I have the deep indigo version which I bought from Okayama Denim and the houndstooth variant which I also got from the BiG sale. the shoulders and forearms are noticeably tight on mine and a little boxy, but I know with regular wear they'll eventually break in and loosen up. It's a weird cut for a jacket but I like them both so will hold onto them.

I have the deep indigo jacket and it was tight at first but loosened up with some wear.  I love that thing cant wait till it cools down and I can wear it again.

• 5 weeks later...

Apologies for probably going over old ground, but how much stretch can I expect in a pair of XX-013 non-wash long-term?

I'm usually a 31/32 waist, so I went safe with a 32, although Denimio said they would send the pair which had the smallest waist measurement for a 32.

The thigh/rise/knee/hem are all perfect. However, the waist is 81cm flat, compared to their size chart average of 86.4cm. The waist fit is snug from the off, and after a soak will be tight.

Are these able to stretch past initial raw waist measurements pretty quickly?

Apologies for probably going over old ground, but how much stretch can I expect in a pair of XX-013 non-wash long-term?

I'm usually a 31/32 waist, so I went safe with a 32, although Denimio said they would send the pair which had the smallest waist measurement for a 32.

The thigh/rise/knee/hem are all perfect. However, the waist is 81cm flat, compared to their size chart average of 86.4cm. The waist fit is snug from the off, and after a soak will be tight.

Are these able to stretch past initial raw waist measurements pretty quickly?

This denim will stretch about 0.5" beyond the raw waist measurement and it happens within a few wears.