Pure Blue Japan

midnight

My 009's are finally starting to rip in the crotch and back pocket area. They have around 8ish months of wear with around 7-8 washes. Also took a new fit pic.

2ahz69y.jpg

Nice to finally see a fit pic with this cut. The other PBJ cuts are a bit slim for my taste. Your pair is coming along nicely.

Looks like PBJ has a new collab pair on the way with Pronto!

From their Facebook page:

9vgoy8.jpg

Not sure what is used to dye the weft here... Persimmon?

2jb8y3c.jpg

2nsxfr4.jpg

15d9e7o.jpg

No information about cut or weight of the fabric, although they mentioned it will have a "very rough feel". Looks interesting!

Ordered a pair of XX007 from denimio, hopefully sizing works out

Ordered a 36 raw, need to maintain most of the thigh space and shrink the waist a bit. 

How much shrinkage can i expect from a hot soak vs a cold soak with this denim?

If i do cold they would only touch cold water for life

The PBJ store in Tokyo only had a size 38 pair of XX-020 in stock with estimated date of restocking sometime next year :(

I should have tried on a pair of some other jeans just to get a feel of the fitting, but I was in a rush and it did not cross my mind...ah well

The staff at the store were very friendly and spoke quite good english, so I would definitely recommend visiting the store for anyone visiting tokyo

Got my xx007 from denimio, requested the customs be marked down and they came through.

Measurements were spot on to the 36 raw from BiG.  The leg opening on these annoyed me way too much because of how slim the top block was, so they went off to the tailor to taper them. Got them back yesterday and cold soaked them, worn them today and they are stretching back out perfectly. 

Measurements before soak and taper. 

Waist 37.5

Front Rise 11

Thigh 13.5

Knee 9.5

Leg opening 9.5

Measurements Post Soak and After Taper. 1 day wear

Waist 36

Front Rise 10.5

Thigh 12.75

Knee 8.5

Leg opening 7.5

Here's a crappy fit pic from before the gym today

egVAPfz.jpg

All in im extremely satisfied and the fit is spot on to what i want as i am going to be leaning out fairly soon so these will be perfect 

how did you choose how much to taper before the soak?  guesstimate?

guesstimate for sure, based on the experiences of the people in this thread i assumed that if i got them tapered to a 7.75 then it would shrink to about a 7.25 with a hot soak, so with my cold soak i got .25" or so of shrinkage