Pure Blue Japan

midnight

After slightly more than a week of wear, the waist seems to have finally stopped stretching. It went from 43 cm post soak to 48 cm now. I'm not complaining since i can just put a belt on now. Besides, i think the measurements for the rest of the jeans is perfect. Just thought i'd throw it out there in case anybody wants to know.

After slightly more than a week of wear, the waist seems to have finally stopped stretching. It went from 43 cm post soak to 48 cm now. I'm not complaining since i can just put a belt on now. Besides, i think the measurements for the rest of the jeans is perfect. Just thought i'd throw it out there in case anybody wants to know.

Is this after the hot soak?

Can someone tell me whats up with the comp? Will there be a thread on sufu , or another site showing progress? Which cut has been chosen for the comp etc. I emailed deminio and they told me its not too late to be involved, i just cant find a webpage with details.

Thanks in advance.

Can someone tell me whats up with the comp? Will there be a thread on sufu , or another site showing progress? Which cut has been chosen for the comp etc. I emailed deminio and they told me its not too late to be involved, i just cant find a webpage with details.

Thanks in advance.

Email [email protected] . Mahoto is the one who deals with PBJ and is in contact with them. They are in the process of setting up the website for posting for the competition as we speak. As far as getting involved in the competition, there's no guarantee that your size will be available. However, I'm sure that if you contact Mahoto with your size, he'll be able to give you a pretty definite answer soon. They're supposed to be getting the jeans in the next week or so. Ken-ichi has said he's putting the final touches on them this month.

Hi, I was wondering if there is any difference between the raw and one wash version of the xx-011, or any pbj jeans for that matter. Am i right to say that the one wash version is just the raw version after the initial soak? Will there be differences in the denim or in the way that it fades? Also, i notice that the 11s have a grey hue to the denim, does anyone know if it looks grey rather than blue?

Thanks!

Also bear in mind the 11's are left hand twill so they will fade differently. Not better or worse, just different.

The one wash version will have had a pretty good industrial wash process to clear all the shrink, and this process will have considerably more effect than just a household soak.

The grey weft changes the hue slightly but having tried a pair on (at rivet and hide) i can say they still looked like a pair of indigo jeans, just with a twist...

I think the grey weft only peeks through more after you wear them for a bit. Having said that, the faded pics of both the xx-011, and the xx-013 (same fit, different denim) seem to have almost the same faded colours. Although, i think it's really how you wear and wash them that really affects how they fade and the colour as well.

while the 11 and 13 share the same cut and almost the same shades of indigo, you should bear in mind that the 11 is LFT and the 13 is RHT. I have 12 and BK11NC, and while i cannot comment on how they fade (since NC doesn't fade and they are not indigo), the hand and the texture of the two are very different (12 having the same texture as 13, just dyed indigo on both warp and weft), and the weight is different too. the 13 will be much slubbier and crease slightly more pronounced, due to having higher weight and being RHT, when compare to 11. 

Edited by DhaDha

"Hi guys, 

The shipment left PBJ and on the way to our shop!
We should be able to ship them to you within next week if all goes well ;-)

-For those who paid already, no need to take action. We will send you the tracking number as soon as your jeans are shipped.

-For those who haven't paid yet, you can still pay from the same link here: 
---------------------------

Please note that your pre-ordered jeans will be made available to others, if we cannot check your payment before October 10th.

Best,

Mahoto
Denimio.com"

Well I finally had time to soak my pair of xx-005 this week-end, 2 hot soaks of 45min each in the hope to get all the shrinkage out and was actually surprise as it didn't shrink that much after all: -1" in the waist, -1.25" for the inseam, -0.5" in the thighs, -0.3" for the knee/leg opening. I started wearing them a little and the waist quickly stretch back to what's needed ;).

Now these need to be broken in !

Edited by Jonaz

PBJ 24-005 Initial soak + 2 washes. Maybe 14 months.

Contest jeans should be arriving soon, so these are approaching temporary retirement

fpCpLkb.jpg?1

​AXRd5iU.jpg?1

L3M3jMA.jpg?1

Pockets, though unused, are deteriorating:
VUFAF3c.jpg?1

Some impressive stuff in the 24oz versions here. Congrats.

Type: XX-005

Worn for: 4 years, probably 14-16 months of actual wear

Washes: 8-9, first one around 6 months

The most interesting evo on this pair is the denim yarns that begun 'rising' after last wash. It gives even more character to such a slubby denim.

Pics are true to actual colors.

15246281687_f62d454a3b_c.jpg

15432466052_a739c1d972_z.jpg15246216258_e65bd28d7f_z.jpg

15246280817_f935b9e008_c.jpg

15432831945_5c66b64b65.jpg15429636991_f126fbf8ed.jpg

Cheers.