Pure Blue Japan

midnight

If I were you man and willing to spend a little extra money, I would get whichever pair fits right on the top block and then get them professionally tapered. In your case I'm guessing that would be the 29, just keep in mind that they will stretch out some. I'm usually more concerned with getting the thigh correct and having a certain range of movement. If the waist gets too loose I merely use a belt- that's what they are there for anyways. At the end of the day though, you may just need to go with a different denim. It's not worth trying to shoehorn the wrong fit, usually you'll end up with regrets. Check out Imperial's prospector jean maybe? If that's not enough taper for you, I don't know what will be.  

I'd have to agree with this. Number one thing is to be happy with the cut. Although I'll also be the first to admit I'm guilty of buying denim for the fabric only to see the cut just doesn't work on me, so now will be selling my xx-012 special editions.

Take a look at the Strike Gold 1109's (sorry to suggest non PBJ cuts on PBJ turf) The top block should be in the same ballpark as the PBJ's but the calves should have a stronger taper. At least I found mine do. 

Finally got around to taking a fit pic of my XX-012s. For reference I'm 6'2, 190 pounds and went TTS with a size 34. Which are the same size as the contest pair I'm getting.

7cghQ1wl.jpg

i honestly object to tapering of a pair of jeans. but that's my personal opinion. a jeans cut has been created specifically for that look and fit. so if you get the right size, it'll fit like how it should be, not too tight nor too lose. 

that being said, pbj are the only pair of jeans i've notice, coming across and owning many brands, that have jeans in a weird sizing, fitting. when you find their bottom half to be just nice, the top block is too small. and when you have a size higher, the top block will be perfect but the bottom is slightly too big.

for yourplaceormine, i would from my experience say get the bigger pair and do all the soaks and such and try to feel the cut. last thing you want is for the top block to be overly tight and ending up like a women's jeans.

Does anyone have any insight into how where the knee will settle at for the XX-007s? Seems like the consensus is that the thigh and waist will go past pre-soak measurements. Does anyone know if this is the case for the knee as well?

Kind of a long shot, but does anyone have knee measurements for the XX-007s in a size 31?

Those look great! How do you get the stacks to line up so cleanly? All of my pairs flare out in such a weird way, somewhat frustrating. Granted, they are all 18oz+, i wonder if the weight has something to do with it.

And here are my 13s, Sz 34 same as the 12s.

I just have a spray bottle that I use to mist some water on the bottom of the jeans before I put them on after a soak/wash. Them being a bit wet makes them more pliable to line up the stacks and once they dry after a couple hours, their shape tends to stay the same. 

Louis is the man when it comes to pbj

aww you make me blush...  :P  but honestly i'm not. by far my pair of 007 is only my second pair of pbj i've owned. mainly because i'm more of a samurai person.

Does anyone have any insight into how where the knee will settle at for the XX-007s? Seems like the consensus is that the thigh and waist will go past pre-soak measurements. Does anyone know if this is the case for the knee as well?

Kind of a long shot, but does anyone have knee measurements for the XX-007s in a size 31?

not in 31. i do own 007 in 24oz but i do believe the fabric measurements will differ.

if you have time, would you mind taking knee measurements? I know the fabric is somewhat different but would still be good to have a relative basis for comparison. thanks!

aww you make me blush...  :P  but honestly i'm not. by far my pair of 007 is only my second pair of pbj i've owned. mainly because i'm more of a samurai person.

not in 31. i do own 007 in 24oz but i do believe the fabric measurements will differ.

Got my XX-020 yesterday from Denimio - fantastic service.  Super excited to see how these fades in real life.  As for the cut, it's very similar to my SG2109.  IIRC there is/was a correlation between SG & PBJ.  So anyone considering this cut go for TTS or SU1.  Due to the sharp tapering the knee measurement should be carefully considered for a comfortable fit around the lower thigh region.  I went TTS and OW option, it is tight but not uncomfortable with the said region, because the denim will loosen up - from experience with XX-009.  The denim is definitely smoother and not as slubby as the XX-009.  Will post some fit pics when I get around to it. 

Got my XX-020 yesterday from Denimio - fantastic service.  Super excited to see how these fades in real life.  As for the cut, it's very similar to my SG2109.  IIRC there is/was a correlation between SG & PBJ.  So anyone considering this cut go for TTS or SU1.  Due to the sharp tapering the knee measurement should be carefully considered for a comfortable fit around the lower thigh region.  I went TTS and OW option, it is tight but not uncomfortable with the said region, because the denim will loosen up - from experience with XX-009.  The denim is definitely smoother and not as slubby as the XX-009.  Will post some fit pics when I get around to it. 

How different is the material from the 007s, 009s and 012s? I've been thinking about that pair since it was released but I already have the standard 12s and I have a pair reserved for the contest too. So if the difference isn't all that drastic I may just wait for something else.

if you have time, would you mind taking knee measurements? I know the fabric is somewhat different but would still be good to have a relative basis for comparison. thanks!

whoopsie. i'm sorry. i didnt mention that i'm in a size 29. but my knee measurements are around 7.04 inches.

Does anyone know when there will be a new run of the X013? No where has my desired size? I have a PBJ itch that won't get scratched till I get some☺

On the subject of X013s am I right that a 31 raw will pretty much shrink to the equivalent of a 31 one wash?

Good day!

As my interest has gone rogue (again) I might want to buy PBJs xx-003 or xx-009.

From what I have seen from RivetandHide and OkayamaDenim they shrink 2" in the waist and stretch back 1 and a bit.

I am aiming for a ~32.5" waist so I guess a size 31 raw would be the right one?

Waist should fit perfect, thighs can be a bit loose, I prefer 12" probably.

I am thankful for any advice/help!

Cheers

Good day!

As my interest has gone rogue (again) I might want to buy PBJs xx-003 or xx-009.

From what I have seen from RivetandHide and OkayamaDenim they shrink 2" in the waist and stretch back 1 and a bit.

I am aiming for a ~32.5" waist so I guess a size 31 raw would be the right one?

Waist should fit perfect, thighs can be a bit loose, I prefer 12" probably.

I am thankful for any advice/help!

Cheers

More like 1"in the waist and most of their denims stretch back out by at least 1 inch

Hi,

thanks for the answers, although they confuse me. Has anyone else experienced great stretching in his PBJs?

From what I know, I'd guess they would, I sit a lot and that adds more stress on the waist ~.~

Then again, less than 12" in the thigh is too slim for my likings..

Cheers

With my 012s (same material as 009) I only really got stretch in the waist. They lost one inch with a hot soak and then stretched out by two inches - so they finished one inch above raw measurements.

The thighs were a different matter - they were tight and I was hoping for a bit of give. They lost 0.2 inch with the hot soak and stretched out by 0.3 inches - so finished 0.1 inch above raw. Believe me, I tried to increase this(lunges, squats, bike rides etc.) but after 3 weeks these measurements were unchanged.

The thighs on the 003 & 009 measure at approx 12.5 for a 31 tag size anyway so you should be fine with those. You might even be better with the 30 tag size considering the actual waist measurements, that would start you with a 12" thigh, which you would expect in a worst case scenario to go past 12" after a bit of wear, even with a soak. The 31s might be the 'safer' option and I suppose you can always belt up.

I am going by rivet and hides measurements for the 003 (same cut as 009) as their measurements were accurate to the 012 I purchased, where as other sites were not...

If you go by bigs measurements they appear to be even more roomy.

Checked my orders and not sure on timing of this. Have sent PBJ an email and waiting for an answer. 

31 waist for me Danny! Those railcars are working out well for me, great with a pair of boots.