Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Hi  this is my first post

I am looking to purchase pbj xx-011 or xx-013.  I was looking to at raw measurements of both size 34 and 36 

on BiG.

my current jeans(jp 400sp)

waist  17.74"
thigh 12.75"
knee 8.75"
leg opening 7.75"
inseam 35"

I looked through this forum but cannot find anyone with a size 34 raw xx-011/013 with pre-post measurements

will the xx-013(raw) stretch much after first wash  

I am looking to purchase pbj xx-011 or xx-013.  I was looking to at raw measurements of both size 34 and 36 

on BiG.

waist  17.74"
thigh 12.75"
knee 8.75"
leg opening 7.75"
inseam 35"

I looked through this forum but cannot find anyone with a size 34 raw xx-011/013 with pre-post measurements

The denim will stretch back out in the waist to their raw measurements. The X011 which is a left hand twill will stretch back pretty quickly. The X13 will take a little more time. Factor in about .25" less on the thigh after shrink and stretch.

on BiG.

waist  17.74"
thigh 12.75"
knee 8.75"
leg opening 7.75"
inseam 35"

My xx-013s measure somewhere around this after their first wash and subsequent stretching. 

Waist: 36

Thigh: 12.1

knee: 8.1

leg opening: 7.7

Unless your jeans you currently have are too loose for your liking in the top block, pbjs slim tapered fit might not be for you because you'll have to size up to a 36 to get a larger knee and thigh but the waist will be a couple inches too large which could be a problem even with a belt.

I also have the xx-011s in a 33, they measure the same as the 13s in a 34 with a slightly slimmer thigh. Going up on these to a 34 for you might work. But again, the 36 will be too large in the waist. 

The denim will stretch back out in the waist to their raw measurements. The X011 which is a left hand twill will stretch back pretty quickly. The X13 will take a little more time. Factor in about .25" less on the thigh after shrink and stretch.

Hi Danny

thank you for the very quick reply, much appreciated

My xx-013s measure somewhere around this after their first wash and subsequent stretching. 

Unless your jeans you currently have are too loose for your liking in the top block, pbjs slim tapered fit might not be for you because you'll have to size up to a 36 to get a larger knee and thigh but the waist will be a couple inches too large which could be a problem even with a belt.

I also have the xx-011s in a 33, they measure the same as the 13s in a 34 with a slightly slimmer thigh. Going up on these to a 34 for you might work. But again, the 36 will be too large in the waist. 

Hi B-Sandy

thanks for the quick reply too

so those measurements are for pbj xx-013 size 34 raw after wash?

after looking again at the size charts I probably would have to go up to a 36 raw for thigh and knee

maybe the size 34 one wash might be better

if the denim is not that stiff like the japan blue I think I would go for the size 34 raw

is the pbj xx-013 denim same as samurai s0500xx?

I know someone that has a pair and they went raw tts 34 and said that they streched to similar measurements

as I posted

thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

I love my 007s but I've had the crotch blow out twice on them now and they are only 1 year old (9 months active wear, 2 wash) I'm gonna ship them off to be super repaired cause my local tailor hasn't got it right the first few times.

Is it my fit choice or the denim thats causing problems? This is my second pair of raws and I get crotch blowout around 5-6 months. My first pair was Nudies Grim Tims and I thought getting PBJs would be more reliable but they are tearing to hell. Love everything about the fit and fades, but just wondering what I need to do different cause I want a good pair to last.

IMG_0632_zps6beef6b0.jpg

Dude no wonder the crotch blew out those things are tight! The amount of friction from your thighs has murdered the inside. The top block is so painted on you have a weird muffin top thing going on. Not trying to hate you could have easily sized these up and been fine. 

i'd say the crotch blowout is down to how you're sizing if those pics are anything to go by. they're looking pretty snug in the nether regions, and the whole top block in general. if you want to make the crotch last longer i'd suggest buying something that fits you better.

not saying that to be harsh but it looks like you're forcing yourself into those jeans when a larger size would be more suitable.

that's ow. it's thigh but my balls still working.. hahahaha... but i can't change the size cuz i bought it from someone but the jeans still new. hehehe.. thanks everyone for your suggestion. thanks alot, i realy appreciate.. sorry for my english..  :)

Edited by trisjohan

Thanks for the input on mine, I think I'm just gonna put my 007's the rest and not try a third repair.

Anyone here recommend a PBJ with a baggier top block then the 007's? I'd like to try this denim one more time cause the feel and fading was incredible and just what I wanted.

Thanks for the input on mine, I think I'm just gonna put my 007's the rest and not try a third repair.

Anyone here recommend a PBJ with a baggier top block then the 007's? I'd like to try this denim one more time cause the feel and fading was incredible and just what I wanted.

The X003/X009 are a very regular fit. Much looser than the X007 in the top block and throughout the jean.

re. the earlier double cuff:  I've tried the double cuff on my 005 bk's because it works well on my skulls.  It doesn't really work for me on the pbj's. 

Your double cuff is rather low however.  It looks like it's compensating for a jean that is too long.   If you were to hem them and try the folsom higher, then it depends on whether on not you feel good with it.  If it doesn't feel good, then it isn't going to look good.

xx-005bk

These were Gordon's last pair of 36 from very old pink I.D. inventory.  No leaf and apparently no tab remnant at least judging from the fading.

Bought this summer and worn since fall, whenever my ooe's are down for repairs (which is ALOT).

About 2.5-3 months

11890765513_e88b9d3b73_o.jpg

11890491825_f9d6b0538c_o.jpg

They need some repairs

11890899494_12d5c81e85_o.jpg

11890772783_d561ab290a_o.jpg

Everybody loves the leaf and I did find a nwt pair of bk's in my size, with blue I.D., leaf, and older PBJ patch.  The primary differences I notice are that this really old pair above has much larger back pockets and the coin pocket is squared off along the bottom.

Edited by jyoni