Pure Blue Japan

midnight

single cuff would get you some stackage along with some cuffage = best of both worlds!  plus also, yer cuffs don't HAVE to be like 3" high.  Seriously dunno why people do that sh!t.  It's way too "look at my selvedge!"... especially when worn with a freakin' Iron Heart t-shirt!  Which brings us to that t-shirt...  

You may have been correct in saying that the thighs and crotch are a bit tighter for this fit but you have to look back to his question in the first place to see that he's asking about the waist only. I only brought up the point of talking about measurements other than the waist to make sure he had the full picture just in case. You were making a recommendation based on information he didn't even say when you started talking about the thighs being too tight in a 31 after washing which is completely wrong because he's looking at the one wash version, hence my "not even close" comment. And he actually posted later that a 31 would be fine for him in that regard.

Because they are one washed, the 32.15 waist to start with will easily stretch out to a 33.5 like he wants and after washing no matter how hot you do it they will never be smaller than they were originally and will always stretch back out. And contrary to what the guy above me said, PBJs do actually stretch quite a bit, especially in the waist, my size 33 raw 11s currently measure 36 in the waist and 12.2 in the thigh after machine washing them and wearing them less than a week since. Those measurements are larger than they were presoak. Same goes with my 13s which I machine washed right of the bat because they didnt shrink as much as I wanted with a soak.

So to summarize, he was interested in if the waist will stretch and only the waist. Not thighs or anything lower. A 31 will stretch out enough and maybe a bit more, a 32 will end up being too big especially if he has what you would call "chicken legs".

I just received the 017 in size 32 (unwashed) and the top 2 buttons cannot be buttoned... the thighs are tight but ok. no soak yet.

a new thread in supersales or to wear it some days expecting some stretch? i am afraid that even it stretches, the soak will make it supertight again.

btw, the actual waist of a non-wash 32 is...32''.

acew9UKw.jpg

@elziwai Stacking looks better than that high cuff. If it were me, I'd have an inch or two taken off the inseam length so there's less accordioning going on.  That much stacking looks sloppy to me, especially on tapered jeans.  

A raw size 32 measures 32 in the waist? That's way off, should be closer to a 33.5 for the raw version and even then they might be too small based on your pictures. Are you sure your actual waist is aactually 33.5? Because even with the jeans being an inch smaller then your waist you should be able to button them up with a little work. Either that or the cut just might not be for you because the thighs look way tighter than they should pre soak. And yes you should exchange/sell because those will be way too small after a soak.

A raw size 32 measures 32 in the waist? That's way off, should be closer to a 33.5 for the raw version and even then they might be too small based on your pictures. Are you sure your actual waist is aactually 33.5? Because even with the jeans being an inch smaller then your waist you should be able to button them up with a little work. Either that or the cut just might not be for you because the thighs look way tighter than they should pre soak. And yes you should exchange/sell because those will be way too small after a soak.

I think we lost in translation with the shop.

They stated it was unwashed but I measured the waist and it was exactly 32', today i will measure the inseam.

I think they sent the one-wash to me but even an unwashed 32 would be quite tight.

Anyways, they seem positive in exchange.

33 has the same thighs as 32, will the bigger waist "fix" the fit?

Edited by d0t

I doubt it. It looks like the reason you can't button them up is you can't pull them far enough up your legs because the thighs are too tight. Their slim tapered fit looks like it's just wrong for you.

I have the indigo dyed model - strongly recommend to check sizing with the store, for my model size 3 turned out too big...I should've followed my tee-shirt size.

Workmanship and details on my model were perfectly fine.

You can totally wear this kind of fit, I love it.

Yep, fit looks good through the thigh. Perhaps knee to hem would look a little cleaner with a second cuff but it depends on the style you want.

Thanks for the opinions! They are actually quad-cuffed, so any more cuffs and it starts to sit weird. But, I do want/plan to get them hemmed eventually. Edited by d-rew12