Pure Blue Japan

midnight

I don't mind him wearing the jeans. It's more that this is a forum/community. We discuss things here. If you don't want or can't take criticism, you shouldn't post here. On the other hand, if you can handle it or you just don't care about what others think, also good.

Just don't come complaining afterwards :)

• 2 weeks later...

d0t - go with the 32.  Yes, the waist on those 31's will stretch out with many wears, but 1) it will shrink back whenever you wash 'em, and once again you'll have to wear 'em for many weeks before it stretches back out, and 2) there is more to a good fit than just the waist - you want the thighs and crotch to fit right and pbj's are generally narrow in the thighs and tight in the crotch (and these areas don't loosen up nearly as much or as quickly as the waist -- THINK OF THE BOYS!).  

Edited by the spirit

d0t - go with the 32.  Yes, the waist on those 31's will stretch out with many wears, but 1) it will shrink back whenever you wash 'em, and once again you'll have to wear 'em for many weeks before it stretches back out, and 2) there is more to a good fit than just the waist - you want the thighs and crotch to fit right and pbj's are generally narrow in the thighs and tight in the crotch (and these areas don't loosen up nearly as much or as quickly as the waist -- THINK OF THE BOYS!).  

Not even close, yes the thighs are pretty tight on the pbj slim tapered fit but the rest is wrong. Because of the one wash process, when you get them that is the smallest the jeans will ever be, they will stretch out to what you want in the waist and probably a bit more. When you wash them again they will shrink back down but since you already stretched them out once, it will happen again very quickly within a wear or two, not multiple weeks. So get the 31 IF all the measurements are good from the beginning apart from the waist, if not go up to a 32. But on a different note, I'd try and get a pair of the raw 31/32 instead and machine wash them yourself to get maximum shrinkage. Then hang dry. The industrial washers/dryers they put the jeans through in their one wash process is almost always something you don't want.   I personally own both the 11s and the 13s and am planning on getting the 12s soon enough as well. 

Edited by B-Sandy

Not even close, yes the thighs are pretty tight on the pbj slim tapered fit but the rest is wrong. Because of the one wash process, when you get them that is the smallest the jeans will ever be, they will stretch out to what you want in the waist and probably a bit more. When you wash them again they will shrink back down but since you already stretched them out once, it will happen again very quickly within a wear or two, not multiple weeks. So get the 31 IF all the measurements are good from the beginning apart from the waist, if not go up to a 32. But on a different note, I'd try and get a pair of the raw 31/32 instead and machine wash them yourself to get maximum shrinkage. Then hang dry. The industrial washers/dryers they put the jeans through in their one wash process is almost always something you don't want.   I personally own both the 11s and the 13s and am planning on getting the 12s soon enough as well. 

You start by saying "Not even close," and then you continue on to say "get the 31 IF (your emphasis) all the measurements are good from the beginning apart from the waist."  Which is actually kind of CLOSE (my emphasis) to what I was saying.  My waist is almost exactly the same size as OP (maybe a hair smaller) and I'm sitting here right now in a pair of 31 PBJ's that look really cool, but I'm loath to wash them because they still sometimes feel on the edge of too tight in the thighs/crotch.  And I have relatively thin thighs (GF says I have "chicken legs").  I've worn these for 6mo. and I washed them once a couple months ago, and no, they didn't stretch back out in a few days - it took weeks, and their still a tad snug (except for the waist which, like I said stretches pretty quickly).  Honestly, were I to do it over, I'd have gone with a size 32.  So unless OP is 1) more chicken-legged than me, 2) loves wearing tight-ass jeans, or 3) never wants to wash his jeans, I stand by my recommendation to go with the 32.  (I bought mine raw, but this would hold true for OW as they are basically the same thing size-wise once you shrink your raws at home).  

I'm not arguing your point because I care whether you disagree with me or not.  I just think OP might benefit from hearing my experience-based POV before making a big $ commitment.  

generally the waist does stretch back in a couple of wears and not multiple weeks. it could be a personal problem of why the jeans appear to not be stretching rather than a problem with the jeans. @d0t you would probably get a 32... pbjs don't stretch like crazy.. it would be poor judgment to get jeans that already have a smaller waist sz than your actual in any situation.

You may have been correct in saying that the thighs and crotch are a bit tighter for this fit but you have to look back to his question in the first place to see that he's asking about the waist only. I only brought up the point of talking about measurements other than the waist to make sure he had the full picture just in case. You were making a recommendation based on information he didn't even say when you started talking about the thighs being too tight in a 31 after washing which is completely wrong because he's looking at the one wash version, hence my "not even close" comment. And he actually posted later that a 31 would be fine for him in that regard.

Because they are one washed, the 32.15 waist to start with will easily stretch out to a 33.5 like he wants and after washing no matter how hot you do it they will never be smaller than they were originally and will always stretch back out. And contrary to what the guy above me said, PBJs do actually stretch quite a bit, especially in the waist, my size 33 raw 11s currently measure 36 in the waist and 12.2 in the thigh after machine washing them and wearing them less than a week since. Those measurements are larger than they were presoak. Same goes with my 13s which I machine washed right of the bat because they didnt shrink as much as I wanted with a soak.

So to summarize, he was interested in if the waist will stretch and only the waist. Not thighs or anything lower. A 31 will stretch out enough and maybe a bit more, a 32 will end up being too big especially if he has what you would call "chicken legs".

want a pair of the NC-11 slim tapered black no fade but i honestly have no idea if its better to buy the one wash or the raw. They are both the same fit and id love some advise. Ive only seen the raw in the flesh.

I would go with the one wash. The no fade denim, like the name implies, does not fade (or atleast not much), which takes away the risks of creases and fades shifting after a wash, if for example a raw indigo type.

On the other hand, one wash denim will not shrink as much as unwashed denim, if at all. Sizing should be a lot simpler, since you only have to deal with stretch.

Hey PBJ fans,

I apologize if this video has already been posted here. I found it totally by accident but found it interesting for those who'd like to know what the Kojima shop looks like:

Have a great weekend,

Cheers

PS: you can check the uploader's account, there are actually other shops covered and a drunk diner with the boss of Samurai jeans...

Edited by vgadjo

Does anyone know if PBJ's back pockets are bigger/smaller/same-size-as Flat Head's back pockets? Thanks.

I have XX-009 size 28 and F380 size 30.  And PBJ are definately smaller.  But that might not be an accurate comparison due to te size difference.

Edited by BlackPig