Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Raw:

Pro: probably a more gentle soaking process + the benefits of touching the stiff and crunchy slubby PBJ denim in raw state.

Con: none, unless you are too lazy to soak or can't await to put them on when the package arrives. I'd go raw anytime as it's the somplete experience.

BTW, and-japan seems to stock only onewash after the raw's have sold out (been waiting for raw 007s a long time), so if you're into them, you might want to get them quick.

Edited by Max Power

Raw:

Pro: probably a more gentle soaking process + the benefits of touching the stiff and crunchy slubby PBJ denim in raw state.

Con: none, unless you are too lazy to soak or can't await to put them on when the package arrives. I'd go raw anytime as it's the somplete experience.

BTW, and-japan seems to stock only onewash after the raw's have sold out (been waiting for raw 007s a long time), so if you're into them, you might want to get them quick.

Im kinda lazy and also afraid that i might not get the shrinkage out tbh lol.

But ok, i think ima get the unwashed one. Theres still plenty of those for the 009 ones.

hey guys, hoping a pbj denim head can help me with a bit of a dilemma.
I was wanting to grab a pair of the pbj xx-011 raw denim, but a guy from the store reckons they are all out of my size so has offered me the xx-013 as he reckons they are now the exact same cut.
A main difference between the two is that the xx-011 has left hand grey weft fabric, as opposed to indigo fabric (xx-013). Could someone explain the differences of the two to me?

Am just under 6 foot and am currently wearing Edwin ed-55 relaxed tapered raw denim, which I haven't ever washed since I bought over a year ago and have held up really nicely. Am looking for something slightly baggier with a taper so I can wear with sneakers, whilst minimizing washing to hold that indigo colour.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks all

I was wanting to grab a pair of the pbj xx-011 raw denim, but a guy from the store reckons they are all out of my size so has offered me the xx-013 as he reckons they are now the exact same cut.

A main difference between the two is that the xx-011 has left hand grey weft fabric, as opposed to indigo fabric (xx-013). Could someone explain the differences of the two to me?

Am just under 6 foot and am currently wearing Edwin ed-55 relaxed tapered raw denim, which I haven't ever washed since I bought over a year ago and have held up really nicely. Am looking for something slightly baggier with a taper so I can wear with sneakers, whilst minimizing washing to hold that indigo colour.

They are basically the same fit.

The grey weft will just yield slightly different fade contrasts to the standard white weft. (Weft being the horizontal cross thread of the weave) The X11 is a left hand twill. This denim stretches back out to its raw measurements after an initial soak. 

The X11 has a very deep indigo hue with clear vertical streaking. Although it is slubby it has a smoother feel to the X13 which is made from the PBJ signature 14 oz denim. 

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

The grey weft will just yield slightly different fade contrasts to the standard white weft. (Weft being the horizontal cross thread of the weave) The X11 is a left hand twill. This denim stretches back out to its raw measurements after an initial soak. 

The X11 has a very deep indigo hue with clear vertical streaking. Although it is slubby it has a smoother feel to the X13 which is made from the PBJ signature 14 oz denim.

What Danny said. The fits are quite similar but in my experience the xx-013 measure slightly smaller in the same size as the xx-011. The 11s also stretch a bit more so I was able to size down to a 33 while going true to size 34 for the 13s. But if you're looking for a baggier fit I'm not sure either of these are what you're looking for since they are both quite slim. Much slimmer than the Edwin relaxed tapered jeans.

If you are looking for something baggier, the XX-011 and XX-013 (or XX-012, XX-017, XX-018 and whatever other PBJ jean features the same fit) aren't going to work. Even the slim straight (XX-007 and others) are quite slim. I would go for something roomier, XX-009, XX-003. You might even consider getting jeans from another brand.

Momotaro for instance, has a great cut, with a taper from knee down, the 0201. It's a quite generous cut, when sized TTS, downsized it's a flattering slim(mer) fit.

If you are looking for something baggier, the XX-011 and XX-013 (or XX-012, XX-017, XX-018 and whatever other PBJ jean features the same fit) aren't going to work. Even the slim straight (XX-007 and others) are quite slim. I would go for something roomier, XX-009, XX-003. You might even consider getting jeans from another brand.

Momotaro for instance, has a great cut, with a taper from knee down, the 0201. It's a quite generous cut, when sized TTS, downsized it's a flattering slim(mer) fit.

What Danny said. The fits are quite similar but in my experience the xx-013 measure slightly smaller in the same size as the xx-011. The 11s also stretch a bit more so I was able to size down to a 33 while going true to size 34 for the 13s. But if you're looking for a baggier fit I'm not sure either of these are what you're looking for since they are both quite slim. Much slimmer than the Edwin relaxed tapered jeans.

am astounded at how quickly everyone replied to this one. denim forums sure have a lot less flaming than sneaker forums. so for that, I am very appreciative.

From what I've read, i'm thinking I will go toward the xx-013's. I know you guys said that they would be too slim but I only meant that I wanted them a little bit baggier than he ed-55's.

I bought my Edwin's in a size 28 (size or possibly 2 sizes small), so I figure that's why they are so slim on me. Only really wanted more accentuated stacks. This is basically the look i'm after- http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/pure-blue-japan/products/xx-011 I know those are 11's but I figure it'll be very similar if not the same.

I guess all I need to know now is whether I want a 29 or 30. Anyone know how the xx-013's fit size wise?

thanks again guys

I'd go true to size. Would give you a similar fit to that. Sizing up 1 might leave them too big in places you don't want them to be and they probably don't stretch enough to size down comfortably. But look at the size guides on blueingreensoho.com. They're pretty accurate in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, think of the children!!

Seriously though, in terms of fading they look to be going pretty well. Phone fades are pretty cool, although I am quite surprised you were able to fit it in there!

To answer his phone, he needs to lift his leg up to his ears and talk to the pocketbags... My guess.

^^Yea,  I was thinking the same thing. I was also thinking I bet that chick has a nice ass then I read the comments but anyway could you show a back pic so I can check out the, ahem, stacking

I agree that his jeans are too tight and could use a hem, but I just didn't see the point in taking jabs at the dude for posting his fit.

He posted them earlier and everyone allready stated he needed an other size. He stuck with them and posts fitpics again, no wonder you get reactions like these.

^ I kind of let out a smirk as I was typing it... just doing my part in trying to sprinkle a little civility across the internet.

Really, while I think this is nice and good behaviour from your side, which only deserves respect to you as a person boeing. People should know that what they post on the internet is likely goingto be subject of reaction, being it good or bad.

That said, some self awareness couldn't hurt here. If I was to be posting some fit like that, I would ask myself if it is a wise decision, because while some fits are tight and have chance of turning into something good after a while, some cases are just too obvious to warrant a better outcome in a long time... Like in probably never.