Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Hey guys -

I'm trying to pick up a new pair of denim, and I've narrowed it down to either the Pure Blue Japan xx-013's or the Strike Gold SG1109 (both in a size 29. The only Japanese denim Ive gotten so far has been Momotaro, so i wanted to try something new. Both the SG1109 and the PBJ xx-013 have the slim tapered fit Im looking for, so I'm not really sure how to choose. Maybe someone with knowledge of both can help? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

that decision is really just on you. look at the measurements of each, the sg1109 and the pbj013, and compare to what your favorite jeans are like now (or what you think you would enjoy more). After doing that just go through threads and see which worn in pairs look more interesting to you. I love pbj, but I have zero experience with strike gold besides going through that thread and admiring everyone's jeans.

How would the xx011s look on a girl? I've been considering a pair, and i want them skin tight, but i'm not sure if big carries a size small enough. i'm 5'1 at 98lbs, so any feedback would be appreciated

They work just fine for a girl: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/117942-pure-blue-japan/page__st__4140#entry2387732

Bout to grab my first pair of PBJ - xx-013's. I have a 29.5" waist, and was thinking of grabbing the 29 O/W, but now I'm thinking about the 29 raw.

What are the advantages of going raw, if your getting relatively TTS? Would I be just as good going O/W, so I could try them on fully shrunk down and return/exchange if necessary?

Thanks!

Just purchased some 007 via Ebay seen here: http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

However, the patch and inner pocket lining look different than the ones I currently own and from the photos provided from BiG. Can anyone confirm that these are legitimate and why/when the patch changed? I have sent BiG an email as well

Pure Blue Japan changed their international brand name to Syoaiya not too long ago. They look pretty authentic to me.

I just picked up my first pair of PBJ - the xx-013 in a size 29 raw. I tried them on today so I could check out the fit before soaking, and the top block and leg opening seem like they will fit great after a soak. The knee, however, is pretty narrow, and I'm worried that if it shrinks much more, I won't be able to get the jeans on over the knee. Should I just do a soak of the top block, (and maybe the leg opening), and leave the knee out of the water? Would that still shrink the inseam?

I'm basically trying to figure out if I can keep these and make them work, or if the cut just isn't for me and I should try something else (xx-005?)

Thanks in advance.

I got my 11s in Japan, and they said "Syoaiya" on the patch, too.

Really, it should be romanized as "Shoaiya." The "Syo-" is how you typed ã—ょ on old PC input programs, nobody should ever use that sort of system for actual romanization because, unlike the dominant system, it's not intuitive at all. Nobody who's not a Japanese student is going to see that spelling and know how to pronounce it. But yeah, æ­£è—屋 is pronounced like Show-Eye-Yah, "Pure Indigo House/Shop."

Those jeans are absolutely mental. If you treat them anything like your Samurais I'll be keen to check in two years from now.

Yeah. I've seen pretty sick fades for this pair before and some people say they're a bitch to fade. Honestly I can't wait to thrash them in and see how it turns out!!