Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Came across this photo, not about fades or anything like that. Just a little treat for you gentlemen. HAHA enjoy

5711806794_e930fcd5e3_z.jpg

Guest SHINING

Alright I have a pair of xx005 I've had for a few years, they're 31x36. I'm about to buy a new pair and I'm looking at BiGs measurements and the raw and washed ones have two different measurements for each.

I like exactly how my xx005 fit right have been fitting, except I intended to go down from the 31 to a 30 because the waist is the only really issue I have with these and under the one wash everything else remains the same, mostly, compared to the size 31.. So should I go with the 30 in raw or one wash? I'm being cautious because the raw has some huge waist sizes even for a size 30/31 and I don't want that shit stretching out to a 33 if that's the case... There's no way in hell my PBJs have stretched out to a 33 if that's what's supposed to happen to the one washes.

Or if anything what's another pair of denim that's similar to the xx005? Thanks.

One wash

pbj_005_ow.gif

Raw

pbj_005_raw.gif

Also, my old PBJs.

c5f720b4.jpg

58e6599d.jpg

... ok that kind of confused me. the raws will shrink, approximately to the sizes listed under the one washes, which have most if not all the shrink taken out. both will stretch, but you can limit that with a belt. personally, i like to get em raw and do the initial soaking myself, but it's up to you really. you can always return/exchange it if you change your mind or don't like the fit.

Are the 013 slubby?

i'm looking for a new pair of high quality skinny denim, my best choice would be the sexi14, but its very slubby and I don't really dig that.

also, Do they fade fast?

thanks!

Guest SHINING

... ok that kind of confused me. the raws will shrink, approximately to the sizes listed under the one washes, which have most if not all the shrink taken out. both will stretch, but you can limit that with a belt. personally, i like to get em raw and do the initial soaking myself, but it's up to you really. you can always return/exchange it if you change your mind or don't like the fit.

Alright, well I went ahead and bought the one wash because I don't have time to go through the soak myself process. I just don't want them stretching out like to an extreme such as 33 when they're tagged for a 30. I already have that scrunching effect with my 31s because the waist is too big for me, you can even see a fade on the back due to it lol.

Are the 013 slubby? i'm looking for a new pair of high quality skinny denim, my best choice would be the sexi14, but its very slubby and I don't really dig that. also, Do they fade fast? thanks!

013 are slubby yes. They use the same denim/fabric as the 005 but with the cut of the 011. If you want the skinny cut that the 013 and 011 have but not any slubbiness go with the XX-011s.

013 are slubby yes. They use the same denim/fabric as the 005 but with the cut of the 011. If you want the skinny cut that the 013 and 011 have but not any slubbiness go with the XX-011s.

Thanks!

but it seems big dosen't have any of these in my size...

what denim would be the same fabric/fit as these xx-011s ?

So I'm still on the fence about pulling the trigger now that Im retiring my APCs

I went to BiG and tried on xx007s which I've been eyeing for quite some time nao, and also somét 008s.

Honestly I'm sad to say I didn't feel comfortable in the store despite being a member of sufu for a few years (read: I know at least the basics, have owned real denim for 4 years now and am not completely oblivious). After struggling with the dude to please see 007s (the sométs were his suggestion) I felt pretty frazzled and didn't spend enough time inspecting the difference in the fits, which seemed quite similar. This could have been the language barrier but I don't think that's entirely it. Anyway....

Can anyone lend any insight into the quality of these two companies. Mainly looking for someone who's owned Somets as well who can lend a comparison.

Posted · Hidden by onemind.an, March 6, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by onemind.an, March 6, 2012 - No reason given

anyone have pictures of faded 008s? Big is sold out so I figured someone has got to be wearing these things.

cool stuff, rocktherobot. lookin forward to the Ai-001 17 oz slim straight. couple ozs lighter than the present Ai models. gordon should know when they'll be available. pic #3 in the second link looks like it may be the Ai model.

Edited by lance

does anyone own both APC new cure and PBJ 011/013? If so, can you give me any info on fit differences? I know the PBJ cuts are more tapered below the knee, but i'm wondering how they compare in the upper block.