Pure Blue Japan

midnight

hi guys, just got a quick question. have any of you had problems with the stitching on your back pockets? i'm only asking because mine seem super weak. my 005s are only ~4 months old now and in the last month of so i've had the stitching break twice on my left back pocket. cause i've never really seen any complaints of broken stitching. thanks!

Just bought some xx-013s from BiG and paid for overnight shipping. Hopefully they'll get them to me by Christmas. :)

Got in my xx-013s from BiG yesterday. Great jeans, and I love the slubby texture.

PBJ XX-13 (3m)

IMG_4680.jpg

I haven't really followed baseball in a few years, but that Yankees fade actually looks pretty sweet. Did you just put something in there and sand it in, or have you actually been keeping something in your pocket? The fade looks too perfect to not be sanded in. By the way, they look great overall for only 3 months.

Edited by cander49

i love the denim on my 11s. the left-hand gray weft fabric has a really unique sort of color that's hard to capture in pictures and it fades really fast. the weight is perfect too, not too heavy or too light. My only gripe is that the lower thigh is too tight, other than that the jeans are a slim but very comfortable fit. you'll love yours, assuming the thighs aren't a problem.

Here are mine at about fifty days of real wear.

386012_10150409336802470_560027469_8616362_237562230_n.jpg

Did you get the raw or the one wash? Also, are they not as slubby as regular PBJ?

Edited by noirwest

I haven't really followed baseball in a few years, but that Yankees fade actually looks pretty sweet. Did you just put something in there and sand it in, or have you actually been keeping something in your pocket? The fade looks too perfect to not be sanded in. By the way, they look great overall for only 3 months.

IMG-20111226-00160.jpg

I will never everrrrrrr let sandpaper near my jeans, I consider that to be cheating. Since I got my first pair of raw denim, APC Petit Standards, I cut out the NY Yankees logo from an old hat. I've always placed it in my back right pocket so it became a tradition.

IMG-20111226-00160.jpg

I will never everrrrrrr let sandpaper near my jeans, I consider that to be cheating. Since I got my first pair of raw denim, APC Petit Standards, I cut out the NY Yankees logo from an old hat. I've always placed it in my back right pocket so it became a tradition.

Pretty sick, all you need now is a good baseball team.

Just got my xx-011's and I love the fit, the leg opening is perfect for the style of shoes I wear so I'm leaning towards not hemming so I don't effect the measurements of it. I never really stacked before, so I wanted to get some opinions if this is "too much" stacking. Sorry for weird, sitting @ my desk angles.

6584119309_2fc3e3d1d0.jpg

IMG-20111226-00160.jpg

that is pretty damn awesome!

Those stacks look good! I can never get the back of the stacks to look as good as the front :( Do you guys some what press the stacks together to give them a little shape or have them naturally form?
I wore mine a little damp after initial soak and I think that helped. Although I still had some inconsistency throughout the stacks, so I helped them out a little while they were off and fixed some of the creases that looked a little messy. ;) Edited by niix

my girls one wash 11's came in today, but the thigh is a full quarter inch slimmer than the measurements on big. they sort of feel like mine immediately after i had soaked them (we wear the same size...), but she's worried about it because she does have bigger thighs. will they stretch out enough in the thigh with some wear?

IMG-20111226-00160.jpg

although i can't say i'm a fan of WHAT you've chosen, the very idea of doing that is pure genius. I would never have thought of that in a million years.

^^ ouch... at least they look good

is it just me or do these almost look like herringbone/broken twill? i know they're rht, but the uneven yarns make it look like it isn't to me.

Yeah I agree. I noticed this on my post-soak x011's as well. It's like the machine weaves at a certain tension for about half an inch and then switches tension. So the slubbiness is "banded". My ai-002's are still too dense with indigo (and my God what a beautiful colour that indigo is!) to be able to see any banding, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's there. Maybe in 5 years when they finally fade a touch!

oy! just bought a pair of the purple faces in 24oz from big. spent pretty much all my money on them to stare at for the next half year or so till ill get to wear them. i do wish they were slubbier :/