Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Gotten a new pair of PBJ X TDS.

After 4hours of hot soak.

Feel Kinda loose in the waist and crotch area.

What do you guys think?

not that i want to contribute to nagging doubts, but it does look loose in the waist, especially considering after wearing it'll probably stretch out again.

ngwixn--Dude, love the fit. Denim looks ultra slubby. Awsome.

my 009... slowly progressing...

Thanks. love the feel of raw denim.

looks good imo, not too tight

:D

not that i want to contribute to nagging doubts, but it does look loose in the waist, especially considering after wearing it'll probably stretch out again.

I think so too. I might be doing one more hot soak to shrink it abit more

yeah, true. but that's what belts are for. and now the fit on the legs look just right. shouldn't be tighter

Hey there. So I'm looking at buying a pair of XX-011s and I'm just wondering how I should size for them? Should I plan on sizing down, or should I go true to waist? My natural/true waist measurement is a 33. Thanks for you help!

I'm wondering this myself, the measurements and shrinking on BiG say it would make sense to size down one, but I've always thought everyone went TTS?

I'm wondering this myself, the measurements and shrinking on BiG say it would make sense to size down one, but I've always thought everyone went TTS?

Yeah, I'm really curious about how much they'll stretch out too. =/

The waist is never a problem for PBJs, the thigh is where it gets too tight. So if you have small enough thighs you could size down one but if they are larger you might even want to size up one. The waist stretches out easily so you just have to wear a belt if you go TTS and it is still a bit loose.

Awesome! Thanks for the information. And then by true to size do you mean that say I have a 33" waist, I should go with a size 33 (which according to BiG has a 34" waist measurement) or go with a size 32 (that has a 33" waist according to BiG)? Thanks again!

Awesome! Thanks for the information. And then by true to size do you mean that say I have a 33" waist, I should go with a size 33 (which according to BiG has a 34" waist measurement) or go with a size 32 (that has a 33" waist according to BiG)? Thanks again!

buying jeans by the waist measurement is a bunch of shit. just use that as a frame of reference. the thigh and rise measurements are going to affect the fit -- make sure these are what you want before choosing a size. if you find you have to jump drastically from an appropriate waist size (i.e. up or down three sizes,) then the cut probably won't work out for you too well.

buying "true to size" means matching your physical waist measurement with the tagged size of the jeans, so going true to size for you would be a size 33.

eagerly awaiting the 007 in the 011/013 cut... haven't really been following this thread closely - it is still on the way right

tempted to get those limited 24oz 007 (the tapered ones) in 29 on BiG's website but it's -1 from my true waist :(

the last time i sized down on PBJ's, my balls were very displeased.

buying jeans by the waist measurement is a bunch of shit. just use that as a frame of reference. the thigh and rise measurements are going to affect the fit -- make sure these are what you want before choosing a size. if you find you have to jump drastically from an appropriate waist size (i.e. up or down three sizes,) then the cut probably won't work out for you too well.

buying "true to size" means matching your physical waist measurement with the tagged size of the jeans, so going true to size for you would be a size 33.

Oh okay thanks for the insight!

Alright guys, so I think I've decided on a pair of 005s, I'm just wondering how much stretching can I get out of the waist? Is it possible to get 1.5" of stretching?

Ah, that is a good point. Basically I was trying to figure out if I should go with a 31 or 32, I think you've prompted me to go with the 32 now. Thank you!

and make sure you're prepared for the slim straight leg. Sadly I've learned too late after getting the 005s that slim and straight doesn't work for my legs -- up by the thigh it's all tight but below the knee it's so loose that they look like boot cut jeans. If I were forced to buy these again, I'd go up one size.

I believe I'm ready for the slim straight cut, all the measurements I've taken seem to be alright going by BiGs measurement chart.

I don't have big thighs or legs in general so I should be alright. Thanks for the heads up though!