Pure Blue Japan

midnight

I guess I'll go with the 011s then, thanks guys.

According to Blue in Green, the 011s and 013s share the same cuts.

"Note: The XX-011 are cut from the same pattern as the Blue in Green XX-013 and also now fit the same as the XX-013 (the XX-011 were previously slimmer)."

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=6502&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

I am pretty sure they are just the 005 and 011 cut in 24oz denim. Made with regular denim, both warp and weft indigo as well as the purple faces. Haven't seen them in person yet but I would think they are super slubby being heavier in weight.

Not sure I'd get rid of PBJs just cause you picked up some IHs. The denim well worn in has such a unique texture that only comes slubby denim. I wish I didn't have to sell mine.

mister b, mine fit tight in the thighs then seem to loosen up from the knee and down. The effect is almost like a boot cut even though I know they are straight leg. Not a big deal but the OCD part of me wants them to fit so perfectly that I'm considering tapering them. Did your pair also start out tight in the thighs and stretch out? If so, I'll leave mine alone b/c I think they'll look ok if the thighs stretch out.

mister b, mine fit tight in the thighs then seem to loosen up from the knee and down. The effect is almost like a boot cut even though I know they are straight leg. Not a big deal but the OCD part of me wants them to fit so perfectly that I'm considering tapering them. Did your pair also start out tight in the thighs and stretch out? If so, I'll leave mine alone b/c I think they'll look ok if the thighs stretch out.
Yeah mine was kind of like that after my first soak but it stretched out in the time span of 2-3weeks; is it that bad or your OCD makes it out like that?

Yeah mine was kind of like that after my first soak but it stretched out in the time span of 2-3weeks; is it that bad or your OCD makes it out like that?

i wish i had time to post fit pics cuz i don't right now, but looking at your pics, my 005s don't look anything like them. I look like I have an entirely different cut. I have my suspicions on why that is, my thighs are pretty thick but my calves are puny. So from the knee up, it's tight and bulges then from the knee down it's loose and almost billow-y...gives the illusion of a boot cut. I'll wait to stretch out the thighs before doing anything. Thanks

i wish i had time to post fit pics cuz i don't right now, but looking at your pics, my 005s don't look anything like them. I look like I have an entirely different cut. I have my suspicions on why that is, my thighs are pretty thick but my calves are puny. So from the knee up, it's tight and bulges then from the knee down it's loose and almost billow-y...gives the illusion of a boot cut. I'll wait to stretch out the thighs before doing anything. Thanks
Well my 005's have been worn and stretched so it's not exactly a fair comparison. Judging from the information you provided, the thigh room should stretch in a fair amount of time (if your thighs are that thick no homo) to give it a straight/slim silhouette

EDIT: I wish the sad face next to this thread went away already

Just got in a pair of xx-005 one wash, sized down about 1. Fit is pretty great right out of the box -- above the knee is snug, below the knee is straight. The construction is so-so (it looks like it'll hold up fine, but it's not methodical.) The denim, on the other hand, is incredible. I've pined over PBJ's slub denim for the past five years, ever since I first saw pictures of it, and after all this time it doesn't disappoint in the hand.

These could stand to shrink just a touch and I wouldn't complain, so I feel I'm on the right track with this size. If they never shrink beyond this point? fuck it; I'm over form-fitting jeans. But they will...