Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Panda I have a pair of xx005 which I've worn maybe 6 months - a year but pretty lightly and the same is happening, holes everywhere, stitching breaking all over etc.

In fact I just washed them gently today (pics to follow) as they were a bit too dirty for my liking and they seem to have a tar/oil/bike grease (probably the latter) stain, anyone got a recommendation of how to get this out or lessen it a bit without losing too much indigo at the same time?

So on my last trip to NY I finally decided to grab a pair of PBJ xx007's (W32). I have been lusting after them for some time and made the decision to grab them while I could try them on in person. Thanks to Gordon and the BIG staff, I was able to do so right before they closed so I could avoid the crowded nature of the store.

Wrapped and ready to take home...

IMG_1768.jpg

PBJ xx007 - (W32)

IMG_1771.jpg

The Tag...

IMG_1772.jpg

The Soak...

IMG_1773.jpg

The Measurements...

Pre-Soak:

Waist - 34.5"

Inseam - 37"

Front Rise - 10.5"

Back Rise - 14"

Thigh - 11.75"

Knee - 8.75"

Leg Opening - 8.75"

Post-Soak:

Waist - 33.5"

Inseam - 35.5"

Front Rise - 9.75"

Back Rise - 13.5"

Thigh - 10.75"

Knee - 8.5"

Leg Opening - 8.5"

I am looking to do another soak to get the waist down another 1 or 1.5 inches... I am just afraid of the thighs, they are tight.

On the topic of shrinking raw PBJs, how much can you realistically shrink a pair of XX-005s? I got some tagged size 30s today which were listed as raw and hot-washed once, but the waist was over 2 inches bigger than listed, just over 33". I need to lose at least an inch, preferably pretty permanently. Will this be possible if they've already been soaked once?

On the topic of shrinking raw PBJs, how much can you realistically shrink a pair of XX-005s? I got some tagged size 30s today which were listed as raw and hot-washed once, but the waist was over 2 inches bigger than listed, just over 33". I need to lose at least an inch, preferably pretty permanently. Will this be possible if they've already been soaked once?

They're just over 33" AFTER a hot wash? Odd.

Hot soaked, or so I'm told, because they're the raw version. I don't know any more details than that, no idea how long or hot etc. I should probably ask the seller, but I think he might have bought them after another original owner had done the soak.

anyone else excited for the xx-12s? I just got a pair of 11's and love the fit but want the denim from my old 007's. Now I can have both!

Any update on the xx-12s? I'm really hoping these get made/released soon.