Pure Blue Japan

midnight

my 009s jsut finished drying after their initial wash. I must say the denim is simply orgasmic, but not from me rubbing my thighs to feel the slubs.

I sized down 2 and am loving the fit (can post fit pics if people are curious about the 009s). I chose the 009 over the 007 for the higher rise and more spacious thigh, although you can size down with the 009 and get the same leg opening as you would get with a 007 tts.

Many thanks to Hide and his fast shipping!! Highly recommended for those unsure about using Sharpservice.

Farmer, I'd love to see what you could do with a pair of 005bk's.

Actually. Not pbjbk's, but this week I started wearing my sam 5000bk's to work to prolong the life of my 007's.:) We'll see how they turn out.

First day excuse the iphone pic...

IMG_0030.jpg

My 010's arrived today! how big is the fit meant to be pre-soak?

Cuz I'm a girl, the thigh/butt area is huge and the waist is slightly loose Will soak soon but am waiting for my camera to charge so i can take some pics, I want to make sure its the right size before i soak.

cheers

Actually. Not pbjbk's, but this week I started wearing my sam 5000bk's to work to prolong the life of my 007's.:) We'll see how they turn out.

First day excuse the iphone pic...

IMG_0030.jpg

Well, that's even better, because the 5000bk's are probably next on my list! Can't wait to see how they turn out.

do you guys have the best method the remove all the shrinkage? really appreciate any response!

I don't know if it's the best, but what I do works. While the jeans are drying and damp, I stick my arms down the leg holes through the waist and pull right and left. Using two people is even more effective. It immediately turned my 31s into a 33" waist after my first wash. It actually stretched it too much. They're in the wash right now, and this time around I'm not going to pull as much as last time.

My 010's arrived today! how big is the fit meant to be pre-soak?

Cuz I'm a girl, the thigh/butt area is huge and the waist is slightly loose Will soak soon but am waiting for my camera to charge so i can take some pics, I want to make sure its the right size before i soak.

cheers

Pre-soak they're going to be quite a bit big. Also, in my recent experience, it takes a few hot soaks to get all the shrinking out of the way. I'd give them a nice, long hot soak, let them hang dry until they're damp but not wet, and put them on and wear them until they dry. And then do it again. By then they will be pretty close to where they're supposed to be.

Now, wear them every day and don't wash them more than once a month. Post pics every other month so we can see how they're coming along. We're all dying to see some nicely faded 010's. :)

Fit pics (presoak)...are they too big? I reckon I'll need to get them tapered and hemmed...I'm only 5ft 4" :P''

They are soo bloody stiff like cardboard I couldn't even do up the buttons in the fly except for the top one despite being loose...

PBJ-015.jpg

back

PBJ-014.jpg

PS. I realised only when i posted that I must have sagged them abit as they're big, they sit higher up than shown.

Fit pics (presoak)...are they too big? I reckon I'll need to get them tapered and hemmed...I'm only 5ft 4" :P''

They are soo bloody stiff like cardboard I couldn't even do up the buttons in the fly except for the top one despite being loose...

PBJ-015.jpg

back

PBJ-014.jpg

PS. I realised only when i posted that I must have sagged them abit as they're big, they sit higher up than shown.

I dunno. Maybe size down one, depending on how tight you want them. But if you bought these raw and not one-washed, they are going to shrink massively after a wash and a hot soak or two. I'd wait for a few other people who are familiar with PBJ's to respond before you do anything.

PBJ-015.jpg

back

PBJ-014.jpg

The XX-010 is the same cut as the XX-005/7 and should have the same shrink characteristics. So if you compare the measurements of the raw to the one wash XX-007s on BiG, you'll see that they will shrink:

Waist: -1.5"

Front rise: -1"

Back rise: -0.75"

Thigh: -0.5"

Knee: -0.5"

Leg opening: -0.5"

Inseam: -3"

I'm guessing that you're not looking for a super slim girl cut but I'd still recommend sizing 1 down and do a boiling hot soak for 2hrs for a flattering fit instead of one that looks like you borrowed your BF's jeans.

My $0.02.

Best of luck.

^^^ I agreenwith lowrider. You may even want to size down 2 depending on how much extra thigh room you have. I would check the measurements listed on the BiG website.

^^^agreed.

i would keep in mind that PBJ jeans stretch a *lot*, even in the thighs, so after the soak, you should be wanting them to be really tight at the points where you want the snuggest fit (thighs?)

you said before that a return is not likely, so it seems like you should at least give them a couple of hot soaks to see what the shrinkage is like. i don't think the fact that they are soaked will keep people from buying them off of supermarket (i see a lot of jeans on there that have been soaked.)

If you can't return them or just decide to keep them, I recommend not only using the hottest temp from the tap but also at least 4 big ass pots of boiling water spread across 2 hours (where putting your hand in the tub would result in a minor burn). Then turn them inside out and throw them in the dryer with a couple of large dark colour bath towels for 20 minutes on high heat. They shouldn't be dry after 20 mins but pull them out anyway and smooth out the creases (esp. the selvedge edges) then line dry the rest of the time.

That should work.

if it's the 007 all i can say is that after i hot soaked them for 1:15 hrs they shrank below the tagged size.

i measured them to 32" and i bought the tagged 33" raw. they were tight as hell but i have a pair of balls to worry about and from what i gathered from some of your earlier posts you're a girl so no prob for ya. ;) i would recommend a VERY hot soak for at least 2 hours then the drier like lowrider said. i hang dried mine and a lot of the wrinkles stayed in. not really a problem for me. also if you want a slimmer/skinnier leg you might want to get them tapered of course. hemming depends on how much stacking you want, and in the pic you posted your feet aren't visible

now after 4 days of wearing them, they stretched out fine and it feels like they could stretch out a bit more in the crotch area for comforts sake :) the first signs of actual indigo loss are already showing (wow) but i don't care too much for that i just wanna wear these jeans.

just beware that they will be hot as fuck if you are running around in 30° C weather like me haha

Ooh that's encouraging redX! and thanks everyone for their opinions, I'll give them a soak and if they're still too big after, expect them on supermarket in a few days ;)

As long as you add some boiling water and let them soak for a couple hours, i'm sure they'll shrink down. If you want a more feminine fit, I would size down one, but if you want something a bit more roomy, stick with the current ones. Even if you size down one, the legs wont be that much slimmer due to the way all pbj's are cut. If you're planning on tapering, I'd just soak the shit out of the current pair and get them tapered from the thigh / mid thigh down. PBJ's will stretch, but only if theres a real need for them too. Areas of stress will always become roomier, but if they're comfortable post-soak I highly doubt the waist would stretch more than an inch, the thighs half and inch, etc. Just my opinion, but really depends on the fit you desire and how you want to proceed. Good look!

If you can't return them or just decide to keep them, I recommend not only using the hottest temp from the tap but also at least 4 big ass pots of boiling water spread across 2 hours (where putting your hand in the tub would result in a minor burn). Then turn them inside out and throw them in the dryer with a couple of large dark colour bath towels for 20 minutes on high heat. They shouldn't be dry after 20 mins but pull them out anyway and smooth out the creases (esp. the selvedge edges) then line dry the rest of the time.

That should work.

will it damage the leather patch if we soak the jeans too hot?

will it damage the leather patch if we soak the jeans too hot?
I've fucked up a few tags w/ boil soak but only by putting jeans in a barely boiling pot of water that was still on the stove then hot dry in the drier... turns the patch to plastic

I've never put my jeans directly into a vat of boiling water so I've never had any issues with the patches getting fucked up. But this is good to know.

For my recommendation to her figure this - hot soaking in a tub that's at least 40"+ long and filled with enough hot tap that it completely submerges the jeans is a lot of water. Add 4 large pots of boiling water spread over 2 hours to said tub and you get very hot water that would result in a mild burn if you stick your hand in. I never recommend she boil her jeans.

I've never put my jeans directly into a vat of boiling water so I've never had any issues with the patches getting fucked up. But this is good to know.

For my recommendation to her figure this - hot soaking in a tub that's at least 40"+ long and filled with enough hot tap that it completely submerges the jeans is a lot of water. Add 4 large pots of boiling water spread over 2 hours to said tub and you get very hot water that would result in a mild burn if you stick your hand in. I never recommend she boil her jeans.

would you recommend doing a hot wash right away after those hot soak to get the maximal shrinkage?

would you recommend doing a hot wash right away after those hot soak to get the maximal shrinkage?

since a good deal of the shrinkage happens during the drying stage (either hang dry or dryer, dryer obviously causing more shrinkage than hang dry) it would make sense to dry them (however you want) before the second soak or wash.

I hand wash my jeans in the tub for the first 6 months to a year before using a machine so it makes no difference in my case. Hand washing takes around 10 - 15 mins then I do a very thorough rinse then I fill the tub back up and do the hot soak.

I soaked my jeans last night, will post pics when they're dry!

Hot water in the laundry sink with a kettle or two of boiling water added for about 1 1/2 hours. Then 20mins in dryer to slightly damp, then hung up to dry.